JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How would that work..?
Now when we here in WA can actually use them!

So how would the procedure be if somebody privately want to sell a suppressor out of there own legal possession?

Do it have to go thru a FFL with the 10+ months wait? (a guy at the gun department where I usually shop ammo told me that currently the wait is THAT long!!!)

To do a private transfer in state you have to fill out a Form 4 with all supporting documentation. Then submit it to the ATF. When the Form 4 comes back approved (4-6 months) you could then take possession of the item. There is NO FFL required for IN state transfers. Face to face transfers of firearms (even NFA) are legal in WA but you still have do to the Federal paperwork because NFA items ARE registered items.

Most people do not sell used silencers because there is no money in it. Say you buy a silencer for $300, there is a $200 transfer and misc fees. So now you have $500 tied up in an item only worth $200 used. Of course the next buyer has to pay the $200 transfer tax.

If the NFA item had to be transferred though an FFL then it would have to go from a Form 4 to a Form 3, $200. Then from the FFL to the new buyer it would have to go from a Form 3 to a Form 4, another $200. Any time you sell out of state this is how it is done which is why you do not see Form 4 NFA items (other then machine guns) for sale across state lines. It costs more then a new one would.

Phantomworks,

You can make them also. What are you looking for? Making them is easy if you have access to a lathe. The same tax is paid, just applied for on the ATF form 1 instead of the ATF form 4.

I would never go through a dealer when buying a gun (or a silencer) in-state unless I can't find it anywhere else. If you buy a used silencer, make sure you take a good look at it to ensure it is not beat up on the inside or corroded.

Ranb

Got plenty of access to machines since I work at a machine shop :)
Was mostly a general interest question since it now is possible to use them but the wait is long and I haven't really seen any ads for used ones. Would be a fun project to research, design and make some.

I register all my suppressors to a LLC. That way, I can sell the LLC when I sell the silencers. The paperwork is simple and no waiting! Just make sure the buyer is legally allowed to own firearms...

Very interesting concept. That just means that you have to sell ALL of the NFA items in that LLC or do a traditional transfer out on the others.......

I register all my suppressors to a LLC. That way, I can sell the LLC when I sell the silencers. The paperwork is simple and no waiting! Just make sure the buyer is legally allowed to own firearms...

That DO sound interesting! Is it the same paperwork? Do you have more than one item owned by each LLC?
Some more info please!?!

Yes, you can register anything you want to a corporation. Remember, corporations are "people" *rollseyes*

I have all my supressors and AOW registered to corporations. This also gives me the freedom to add "members" of the corporation who are then legally allowed to possess the suppressors etc. One of my LLCs functions as a club for my friends to all register to... just be sure no one has a felony etc!! Also, if you want to sell one suppressor, and it is registered to a corporation with more than one suppressor, just add the buyer as a "member" of your LLC. Lots of awesome ways around the asinine BS surrounding guns... but gotta keep it from coming to the forefront or they change rules...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top