JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Check out a Stoeger 8045 F I know Keiths carries them My son bought one I thought it was very well made pistol They are the same pistol as the Beretta Cougar.

$429.00 out the door at Kieths, Fishermans Marine in Oregon city was also carrying them

Might want to look into that a bit further.
Truth be told, it can and has happened to almost any gun out there at one time or another. I wouldnt let it influence my purchasing decision.

kbHKTAC45.jpg

44magTikB.jpg

amtkaboom1-1.jpg

I'll bet the farm that these kabooms were the result of over powered hand loads.

Ive been divested of my plastic guns for 5 years or so....

But were I so inclined, iirc, the XD has lower rails pinned into the lower, and the Glock has rails plastic melted into the lower.

Also you can FORCE a KB into anything. Not saying it is the case-not discounting it either, I can force my 1911 to blow up, either from neglect, abuse or stupid. Glocks are widely KNOWN to have KB issues. I personally know 2 people who have had a Glock KB, what are the bubblegum odds????

I was on my way to collecting one of each Glock, and was 1/2 way there until their bigshot Jizzuno decided on 60 minutes that .fed ballistic fingerprinting was a good idea-I Sold them all and never looked back.

I loved my XD's, my Sister loved them more and commandeered the 9mm, then the .40, I didnt bother buying the .45. Shot great, ran great, that HS2000 was a great design!!!

If someone comes in my home tonight, my 1911 will be what stops them, 230 grain DEAD. Its what I carry and its what I love.

Good luck, tell us what you choose.

Thread # 4092591 on how this pistol blows up or that is the only gun that's worth anything - jeez don't you people get it ? Different people like different things ! Don't use ignorance and fear to make your point more believable ! I l ove my Glocks - you don't - great ! more plastic pistols for me !

Smith and Wesson makes the M&P 45. I shot a friend's and it was accurate and I liked the trigger better than a Glock 45's.

My kid had the XD (these were 40 btw) and loved it.
I bought one and traded it off a week later for a glock
The kid's roomate just bought the M&P and now the kid has to have one.
BTW my kid has shot glocks as long as they have been out,not a nube by any means.

As far as the KBooms,if you put out 32009876540967 hand guns world wide,you will have some malfunctions.And with the interwebben,every one will rear it's ugly head.

My vote is for the glock 21.My next 45 will be this one

Wow this XDm is as accurate as I hoped it would be. My buddy with a glock 21 shot it with me and now he is selling it to get one. That smooth match trigger with match bbl really made those 30yrd shots a breeze. We were shooting soda cans up to 40yds and pulling it off. My USP had alot of miles on it but this pistol really out performs it in every way I love it... Best 45 for the money I would take it over the glock 21 any day

Yeah like I said I had the "XD" not the XDm,so I'll have to give it a try next time I get to a rental range.
Building ARs right now though,and buying expensive waste fuel (diesel?) with my extra money.

Although I ultimately went with the .40, I tried a fair number of pistols before I settled on the Springfield XD. I really like how it feels and my aim just seems better with it than with some of the others I've tried.

The only thing I wish I had known to look for is whether you can trigger the magazine release with one hand. While my pistol has the ambidextrous release, I still have to use a second hand to drop a magazine - and so my reloads are kinda sloppy at the moment.

OTOH, if I'm in a situation that I can't resolve with 13 shots, then maybe I need to reflect on some life decisions while I'm going for my second mag... :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top