Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Buying a new suppressor

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by jmurray192, Nov 24, 2014.

1. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Active Member

1 question. Bought a suppressor online. Transferring it here to Oregon. Guessing it takes around 1 month for my dealer to get it. The online dealer sent me my serial number of the suppressor. Can I send in my trust now to start my wait time or do I have to wait for my class 3 to get it here in Oregon.

2. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

You should file your trust and your form-4. Unless you're a dealer there is no need for a "class 3". All the class 03 Special Occupational Tax does is pre-pay transfer taxes. Since you're not a business this does not apply.

Here's the form: http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-5320-4.pdf

3. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

You won't be able to send anything to the ATF until your in-state dealer gives you the Form 4's for the item. Some might do the forms before receiving the item, most won't. If you have questions of how to process goes ask your dealer; they'll have all the info you need and will know your specific situation better than any of us will.

What did you get?

4. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Another thing to consider.
    Most dealers won't send you the form 4 until the item is paid in full.

Dyjital likes this.
  5. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Make sure to send a copy of both the certification of trust and declaration of trust or you will get a letter from NFA requesting it.

6. jmurray192

Ended up with a AAC TI rant 9mm for the sig mpx if it ever gets here. Cant beat $400 for the suppressor and $200 credit to AAC. I thought that would be the case just trying to find every which way to get my stamp back faster. Im going to have to forget it like i never bought the thing. Or go crazy waiting

7. bzltyr

bzltyr Portland Metro area Active Member

I saw on Web a shop called "The Silencer Shop"....Any good? What are fees to have it transferred to dealer in Oregon? I have a trust. They have good prices.

8. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

How much money are you saving compared to supporting a local business.

Modeler likes this.
  9. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Most SOT's charge in the neighborhood of $75 for an NFA transfer. Having the item transferred from the Silencer Shop to your local dealer will also add 2-3 months to your total wait time.

10. jmurray192

I bought the Tirant from the silencer shop. Cost 400 new with 200 credit to AAC so really cost around $200 shipped to my ffl. Threat dynamics charged me $50 for the hold and took 1 month from me ordereding to get to my ffl and per silencer shop should be there by Monday. Not one local dealer could get even close on the price dealer cost is around 600 + or -. Paid 125 for there trust paperwork. This is my first and it was very easy.

11. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Oh it'll be the second one, pretty sure.

12. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

You might want to check locally first to see how the prices compare. Just be sure to add $50 to $75 to the silencer shop price when comparing it to local prices. I'll bet Jason at JC Weaponry can get close to the silencer shop prices and he's great to deal with.

13. jekbrown

jekbrown vancouver, WA, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way Active Member

+1 for JC, great guy who knows his stuff....but when he didn't have any more Octane 9s for me to buy he recommended that I buy mine from SilencerShop. He did give me a very good price on the 2 extra mounts I wanted though.