JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
it always has to be FFL to FFL regardless of states when you buy a gun from an out of state source.

NOPE NOT TRUE

A Seller of a long gun can ship or walk the long gun to an FFL in the Buyers state of residence where the 4473 will be filled out and the BGC conducted.

Handgun has to go Over Night via Common Carrier But also can go direct to a FFL in the Buyers home state.

NOW CA may have State laws that require the firearm to pass through a CA based FFL that I do not know. But the above quoted statement is incorrect.

Mark M...looks like you are indeed correct.
I actually found someone at UPS in Fresno California that knew the rules well.
My private seller will indeed ship it at UPS to my FFL holder here in the Portland area.
So the seller in California is not required to run through a CA FFL dealer at this time.
So were going to do the deal and will let you know if there are any problems
Thanks for the help.

Mark M...looks like you are indeed correct.
I actually found someone at UPS in Fresno California that knew the rules well.
My private seller will indeed ship it at UPS to my FFL holder here in the Portland area.
So the seller in California is not required to run through a CA FFL dealer at this time.
So were going to do the deal and will let you know if there are any problems
Thanks for the help.

The only issue that you MAY run into is at YOUR FFL. Make sure that they will receive from a private party.

It is 100% legal for ANY FFL to receive firearms from anyone (FFL or private). Some FFL's CHOOSE not to receive shipped firearms from private parties.

Thanks again eveyone. FYI my FFL holder does accept shipments from private sellers...but I have run across a couple FFL dealers in two states the would not. The FFL holder I use is remarkably friendly and helpful about handling transferes...a rare and beautiful thing.

OK here is the update...the seller in Fresno...shiped the rifle at a UPS customer service center...arrived at my FFL dealer here in Beaverton in 3 days...not a hitch. Easy

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews