JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The local gun shop that I have started going to just posted article on their site about the recent shipment of Samco Spanish mausers they got through the Samco going out of business auction. Given the shocking conditions that they mentioned and showed in pictures I felt it was important to share that there are probably other shops that got similar guns and made not be as honest as this shop about the true condition. Also in the posting is the complete list of firearms that were auctioned and serial number for it, so you could double check anything before you buy it.

Welcome to PreciseShooter!

Here below is the link to the 475 page list of firearms:
http://static.auctionservices.com/documents/148074/3550-INV.pdf

Nice to know, although i have a Spanish Mauser to sell, this doesn't help that :D

Mine is older (i think) and has been around for a few years that i know of though.

Those were some of the roughest Mausers they had in stock. I remember receiving one of those a few years ago and I am glad it was cheap.
What was the price of those Mausers?

I should add that I visited Samco a few years back, and they really had all types of firearms stacked like cordwood on pallets. An impressive assortment! But some didn't get the pallet treatment, some that were really bad off condition wise, were stuffed in 55 gallon drums and stored outside with tarps over them. And I bet under those tarps and in those drums were some of these Spanish Mausers:(

Last Edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I'm no longer into Mausers, but it is good to know.

Years ago, I have a straight-bolt Spanish Mauser in 7.92x57mm, marked La Coruña, and a dated sometime in the mid-40s. It was nice for what it was, but nothing to get super excited about either.

Chiming in late. I picked up a Samco Swede Mauser awhile back and it is just fine, glad to have it. Been offered more than I paid for by a guy who wants to build a custom sporter on the action. Reluctant to see it cut up but the guy is a good smith, not a butcher. It's a nice rifle.
Have a La Coruna 1945, a K98 copy bought years ago for 20 bucks at a KMart. Now it's hanging on my wall as theft bait should someone break-in and "snatch-and-grab". It actually shoots fine, and my research indicates that the steel of these La Coruna is not "soft" as some have claimed. Not my favorite rifle or even Mauser but it has taken game here in Colorado, using the low-powered American 170 gr. 8mm Mauser ammo.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads