JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Buyer agrees to buy , price set , address and info agreements made. Then you get follow up buyers wanting items, You pm back sale pending ok. So they get disappointed ok. Then buyer won't respond after repeated request for yes Check is in the mail, so seller knows the deal is moving forward , if buyer just blows off sellers. So Are these the kind of members we want on this site? How long do you let buyer jerk you around before you move on ?What's to be done with buyers lack of respect for the integrity of this forum?

Yes, there are both flake buyers and sellers. I avoid new sellers, particularly those that list items for sale the day they sign up for the forum. And then selling starts going well and their buyers leave them good feedback, but time can't be taken to leave the same good feedback for the buyers. When something goes bad the reach around to the rest of the forum is inevitable.
Spelling is also a good indicator of the mindset of a poster. Example would be like spelling major "majer".

Upvote 0
I am currently dealing or dealt with such. Some member ask for my number to call and discuss a possible sale. He calls but I cannot understand much of what is said. He ask for help finding a FFL but I cannot understand where he lives so I ask him to email me his city, now nothing. I am done with that guy. I want to say he is probably fishing for some illegal activity. He has not feedback here.

Upvote 0
My experience is essentially if it doesn't happen "right now" it won't happen at all. Obviously there are exceptions to this, but in general this rule applies to Craigslist, Facebook, newspaper ads if anyone still reads those. "Next Tuesday" never comes

Upvote 0
I've had a similar but reversal of the role. I responded to an ad, corresponded with lister asking questions & received timely answers. One thing leads to another & amongst the questions, he has or may have other items available. I looked into his history by looking into his info behind his avatar, he has been around longer than a few years. Things lead to other items as well as the original listing. I asked for & received images of another item I was also interested in. He had to check into pricing of other item with a buddy, I gave him an offer & said something like "let me know". Well, days didn't work for him & eves don't work for me, so he was going to get back to me with a price & if a optional time I proposed would work for him.

So now, I hadn't heard back. I thought if my money/offer wasn't worth at least "no thanks, me wants more" I was going to move on. Not my place to bug the lister to sell item to me. It wasn't eats, I didn't NEED, I moved on. A couple days later I see him listing more items here. Lister seemed like a decent sort, I checked his profile, I haven't changed any contact info, what's a body to do? Move on, sez I! If you are a lister & this sounds familiar, I won't be a calling. No harm, no foul, best wishes. Good luck.

It is reassuring to see that seems to be the theme in members post here.

Upvote 0
Its very common, some people's eyes are bigger than their wallets. When someone does that to me, I'll move on to the next buyer if l see they have been on the forum and have not responed. I have had people go totally MIA and had at least one guy die on me. Don't take it personally.

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
I've grown tired over the years selling online, many have no reading comprehension and contacts of other offers that were specifically stated a no go in my ads. That's when I will not be timely to answer.

Please read responsibly when answering a classified ad.

Upvote 0
Buyer agrees to buy , price set , address and info agreements made. Then you get follow up buyers wanting items, You pm back sale pending ok. So they get disappointed ok. Then buyer won't respond after repeated request for yes Check is in the mail, so seller knows the deal is moving forward , if buyer just blows off sellers. So Are these the kind of members we want on this site? How long do you let buyer jerk you around before you move on ?What's to be done with buyers lack of respect for the integrity of this forum?

Once things are set, I usually send a confirmation with time/place/money/shipping (if applicable) regarding the deal.
One follow up 24 hours reconfirming my original PM later if I don't hear back.
Second follow up reconfirming the original PM and letting person know the deal is off if I don't hear back within 24 from them.

So far, with members here, I've only needed reminder email #1.
Never gotten to the second step where I've called it off. Generally this is a very good community to buy/sell with.

When I'm selling, I take the first offer, based on timestamp of PM. To me that's the only way I can be fair.
I also let 2nd, 3rd, etc.. know where they are in line.
If the deal completes, I also let 2nd, 3rd, etc know that it sold so they can move on in their hunt for whatever item.

you can't control any one else, only how you conduct yourself, and your reaction to someone else.

Upvote 0
In that situation I would check when he last logged on. If you know he got your PM and still didn't reply, leave feedback and move on.

I've been on this forum for over 10 years and don't think I've had anyone go dark after time and place was set. Of course I've had people give me a "wife got pissed" excuse or whatever, but they were decent enough to at least let me know.

Upvote 0
Once things are set, I usually send a confirmation with time/place/money/shipping (if applicable) regarding the deal.
One follow up 24 hours reconfirming my original PM later if I don't hear back.
Second follow up reconfirming the original PM and letting person know the deal is off if I don't hear back within 24 from them.

So far, with members here, I've only needed reminder email #1.
Never gotten to the second step where I've called it off. Generally this is a very good community to buy/sell with.

When I'm selling, I take the first offer, based on timestamp of PM. To me that's the only way I can be fair.
I also let 2nd, 3rd, etc.. know where they are in line.
If the deal completes, I also let 2nd, 3rd, etc know that it sold so they can move on in their hunt for whatever item.

you can't control any one else, only how you conduct yourself, and your reaction to someone else.
This is how I've been doing it since I joined, just never blown off before. He is a new member. Sent pm to verify 2 times.

Upvote 0
This is how I've been doing it since I joined, just never blown off before. He is a new member. Sent pm to verify 2 times.
If he goes dark, move on. If he left you sitting there in the parking lot, leave negative feedback. I'm pretty sure I've left positive feedback with punctuality issues listed for others to know.

Upvote 0
"Hey 'buyer," it seemed we were tracking on a deal and then I heard nothing for _ days. Sorry it didn't work out. Gun is back on the market."

Whether he's an irresponsible flake or unavoidably detained by legit circumstances, you're covered as a gentleman who reasonably applied due diligence and then moved on.

With my luck, I'd be tempted to publish some snide sternum-tapping admonishment and then find out later (or not) that the poor sap was on life support somewhere with tubes in every orifice.

Upvote 0
One million dollars
1614706431463.png

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class