JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Buyer agrees to buy , price set , address and info agreements made. Then you get follow up buyers wanting items, You pm back sale pending ok. So they get disappointed ok. Then buyer won't respond after repeated request for yes Check is in the mail, so seller knows the deal is moving forward , if buyer just blows off sellers. So Are these the kind of members we want on this site? How long do you let buyer jerk you around before you move on ?What's to be done with buyers lack of respect for the integrity of this forum?

Buyer agrees to buy , price set , address and info agreements made. Then you get follow up buyers wanting items, You pm back sale pending ok. So they get disappointed ok. Then buyer won't respond after repeated request for yes Check is in the mail, so seller knows the deal is moving forward , if buyer just blows off sellers. So Are these the kind of members we want on this site? How long do you let buyer jerk you around before you move on ?What's to be done with buyers lack of respect for the integrity of this forum?
No more than two days.
When you enter the "Radio Silence" period, post that fact in the thread.
Tell the others that the "buyer" has gone radio silent and that it will be up for sale again tomorrow, if you don't hear from him.
Post all this in the For Sale thread, so all can see. Then if he comes back whining, tell him to go read the thread.

Upvote 0
I've had this or something similar happen several times recently. Wasn't an issue before. Seems to be newer members rather than long term ones. 24 hours is my rule. Maybe even post in your thread something to that effect moving forward. Other forums have stricter guidelines when it comes to someone flaking on an "I'll take it". Other forums give the boot for less.
No holdsies, no how, no way

Upvote 0
@Captian for me it's all about the amount of participation the buyer or seller has done on the board. How new are they, how many posts and reactions do they have, and do they have a lot of feedback on sales.
Yep, anyone can have issues with loss of phone or internet service.
However, I still say that they should be able to figure out a way to get back to you within 48 hours.

Upvote 0
I've never had a negative experience buying or selling on the site. I do hit the ignore button for price gougers, so maybe that's why I'm yet to have a problem with flakes. I've even bought and sold guns shipped to an FFL, maybe I'm just lucky.

Upvote 0
I do hit the ignore button for price gougers, so maybe that's why I'm yet to have a problem with flakes. I've even bought and sold guns shipped to an FFL, maybe I'm just lucky.

I've done this as well, if they are new and every post they make either a gouge ad or leftist political BS with zero relevant firearm contribution they join my ignore list.

Upvote 0
Yep, anyone can have issues with loss of phone or internet service.
However, I still say that they should be able to figure out a way to get back to you within 48 hours.

^^Keep this in mind too. I had one member here put up a trade ad that I answered without reply, I was just about to give up and mount the scope when he got hold of me, turns out he was at an unexpected funeral out of state and had not been on line for a few days. After all was said and done we made the trade and we've ended up training together a few time since.

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
Can negative review be posted to there review page?

Hover over their screen name or avatar and you'll "feedback" with three number, the first is green positive, the second is red for negative and the third is black for neutral feed back. Choose one a write a review, this should be done with positive as well as negative experience, it helps everyone.

Upvote 0
I usually give 12 hours to respond. If they can make time to scroll there the classifieds, they can make time to continue contact within 12 hours or so. Otherwise, I move on to the next in line and go from there.

Upvote 0
I look at reviews and their posting history if a newbie.

Suggestion: indicate buyer has 12 (or 24 hours) to respond to your response in the ad or you'll move to the next buyer in line so requirements are known.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top