JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Exactly my point; the struggle is between those who seek a tribal/vertical structure, and those who will die for a horizontal structure/individual liberty.

It starts right here :D FB_IMG_1445203800846.jpg

Those is power don't want our guns that bad. They hear the right tone and they will piss there pants.

Back when guns were written in the 2a, we had uneasiness in this country.
But we didn't have camel jockeys trying to wreck us.

We got both now.

It only takes a few people and situations to fire up a crowd.

Those is power don't want our guns that bad. They hear the right tone and they will piss there pants.

People in power, whether elected or appointed or hired, regardless of whether they are right or left, almost invariably want to stay in power. Most want more power. The system overall works towards acquiring more power. It generally does this by taking power away from the populace and putting it into the hands of those in power, whether that is a group of individuals or an institution or both.

To those in power, an armed populace is a threat. The whole idea of the Second Amendment was not about duck hunting, or target shooting, or even self-defense from criminals.

The reason for the Second Amendment is that it serves as a balance of power, firearms in the hands of the populace being a counter-balance to the power we entrust in the government. "A standing army is the bane of liberty".

As such, if those in power can eventually remove firearms from the hands of private citizens, that will tip the balance of power more in their favor.

It's hard to know what's coming. Unlike Australia and the U.K., we do have Constitutional protection. The question is how far can they go finding ways around the 2nd. At the moment, they're experiencing some success, but there are still limits. Some courts will back them, others will not. An all out gun ban, in my opinion, could never happen here, I don't think even an extremely left leaning court could pull that one off.

But, they are coming. And they're getting as ballsy as they ever have. They are energized and will no longer skate around the gun-control issue. It's both barrels from them now, and, I think, ultimately it will backfire. One of the most recent polls, conducted by one of 'their' polling organizations show that Americans are starting to get a little more irritated by all the talk of gun control - and absolutely no results to show for it.

I don't doubt we'll get hit here in Oregon in 2016. We have no way I can think of to stop them. The question is how far can they go, and how they expect to enforce whatever BS they push through. But, like 941, enforcement of any kind of a ban will be a nightmare for them. Heck, they can't even put together a darn website, how the heck do they expect to restrict and possibly confiscate tens to hundreds of thousands of guns and magazines? Their incompetence and idiocy is their downfall.

As for the 4473 issue, I don't even know if that's really an issue anyway. Again, how will they enforce it? Knocking on doors to confiscate them? The minute they tried that, the word would get out via 500 different sources that they were on the move, and suddenly, all those things would 'disappear' from homes all over the state. I suspect many already don't comply with 941, but that only really impacts people that do private sales. Any kind of ban/restriction on guns themselves would impact far more people. And many, many more would not comply.

The real concern would likely be for the folks that perhaps have a crime at their home, and during the course of the investigation, they're found with 'contraband' items and charged with possession. And of course, there will be those neighbors that are watching and can't wait to call the SS....I mean, state police, to report their 'crimes'.

I do wonder if they'll allow continued ownership of guns and magazines you already owned, or if they'll ban any possession? With other states nearby, what's to say people won't just store them elsewhere?

I sure hope more people wake up to what's really happening. It's going to be a looooong winter :(

Yep I sold all my guns before 941 went into effect ;)

I say buy the following:

AR
AK
Semi auto pistol- CC and full size
Ruger 10/22
Semi auto .22 pistol
Defensive shotgun
Hunting rifle
Hunting shotgun

I believe they'll go after the "assault weapons" and semi auto pistols first. I need to get my AK and Glock before this crap goes down.

:s0140::s0140: Odds are most will buy a ticket out of the country. I have been reading some really awful accounts of it all escalateing.

I have standing offers of bolt-holes in Canada and Germany... problem 1 would be getting there, and problem 2 is my bet is anything that got That Bad here would be even worse there.

In Jefferson's day, anyone pursuing a career in national politics beyond their one term civic duty was looked down upon and not trusted.

I don't know about all y'all but I am working on two of every kind of evil gun I can afford and all the spare parts they would need.
Along with 3 load outs worth of mags for each.
As far as gun confiscation goes, they will not try in our lifetimes. They will simply ban them and create very stiff penalties for possessing them. Which means you could never use them for practice in public nor use them for personal defense. Virtually making them useless safe queens that you can only fondle in privacy.
I hope when that happens, people will make a stand. I worry though, that most people's line in the sand is confiscation. Which we all know will not happen.weather they want it or not.

I hope when that happens, people will make a stand. I worry though, that most people's line in the sand is confiscation. Which we all know will not happen.weather they want it or not.

Too late. It has already happened in a number of states like Connecticut and California. I haven't read of any armed insurrections in either state.

You must have an AR15 that wasn't bought on a 4473. That rifle must have 10-20 mags and enough ammo to fill those mags many times.

Then, the same is true of a full or midsize polymer service pistol. Lots of mags, lots of good JHP, even more FMJ, and a few good holsters. This must also be off a 4473.

In a time like this, if one is starting late, these are the musts before anything else.
Or an AK :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads