JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

So I have a friend who is the kind of person to have only one gun, which happens to be a 30+ year old Remington 700 in 30-06. He does not like to shoot it due to recoil but he actually shoots it well, shot-group wise, though re-acquiring his target is always off. He comes to me and ask my thoughts on the 6.5 Creedmoor and I tell him to just get a 6.5x55 Swede and load for it. No budge!

Anyhow, he has decided to get this chambering. Should he build onto the 700 he has with all the aftermarket support after a barrel change, or sell his 700 and buy a factory 6.5 Creedmoor? The other thing that complicates this is that he is cross-eye dominant, right handed but L-eye dominant; he does not know if he should get a LH bolt gun. I did tell him the there are LH rifle stocks for RH shooters.

Thanks to all your thoughts.

Tell him to keep his 30-06 and get an additional gun chambered in 6.5.

Perfect time to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor rifle. Many folks got caught flat footed and can't find ammo for their 6.5's. Or possibly they decided to switch it up for other reasons. Either way there are a bunch of 6.5's for sale all over the place......at least that's what it seems like to me. Don't know that he won't be in the same 'I can't find any ammo' boat, but if that is the chambering he wants might as well get going on it.

Does your friend reload or do you? There are recipes for 30-06 and trail boss powder for reduced recoil. The only problem is access to primers at the moment. Most manufacturers are using their supply for ammo.

Does your friend reload or do you? There are recipes for 30-06 and trail boss powder for reduced recoil. The only problem is access to primers at the moment. Most manufacturers are using their supply for ammo.
I have a limited reloading set up, but yes, i do, not for the any of those cartridges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top