JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Would you buy magazines for a gun you don't own, but want to?

Just curious what others thoughts are.

How about buying ammo for a gun you don't own yet?

I bought Glock mags before I bought my Ruger PC9 so I guess that's a yes. Now I have a ton of AR mags, 10/22 mags, and Glock 9mm mags. As a result of my mag purchases and existing firearms in the same calibers, my shopping is actually the opposite. I typically limit my new gun searches to ones that I already have ammo and mags for. Diversity can be good, but consolidation makes it easier to stock up on ammo and mags for the future.

You asked for thoughts on the subject so you have no one else but yourself to blame for my ramblings! :D

I gotta save my pennies to get a new gun.

If I bought mags or/and ammo before hand then I'd never have enough for the gun:oops:.

I do actually try to keep my gun wants to the same ammo as much as possible though.

Honestly no. I've never bought mags or ammo I didn't have a firearm for. I spend enough as it is for the ones I do own!

The struggle is real!

Lol!

One would think I have enough right?

I'm definitely got a problem!

At least here, I'm among those that have the same problem!

I need to learn to knit or something...

Turning 18 while the Brady Bill was in effect made me a lifetime believer of get it while you can. Guess they made me into a minor league prepper lol

My biggest regret was not buying all the $20 4 packs of East German Bakelite ak74 mags I could afford....at the time, there was only one or two 5.45 guns on the market so they were cheap....:rolleyes:

I haven't paid money for accessories for anything I didn't own, but once I've collected enough brass for a caliber I don't have, I sort of feel obligated to not let the brass go to waste.

Ok yeah, I have collected brass for calibers I don't shoot. I don't even reload but I know enough people that do.

I bought some of the Glock 33-round magazines even though I really had no use for them simply because the WA libs were talking about restricting them. I did have a G19, though. Then, after I bought the mags, I started looking at the Extar EP-9 and realized they would be perfect for it, so... Bought the Extar.

I have a Beretta M9 mag that someone made it home with me from the military, and a Ruger Mini-14 mag from decades ago.

I've been sorely tempted to buy ammo, grips, and holsters for revolvers I didn't own at the time but wanted. Have managed to resist so far.

As for mags, I feel the temptation even though I don't own any semi autos any more, and probably never will. Ridiculous. However, nothing makes something seem so desirable as making it soon-to-be unavailable or forbidden.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top