JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
is this going to be your first handgun? if it is then definitely the 19. I carry both a 23 and 27 the same guns just .40 the 27 is easier to carry in the summer and hide, but I really like carrying the 23 I shot it better plus a couple of extra rounds. with either one get a good holster. good luck. Greg

Glock 19 all the way! The G26 is a great gun, but because they're both the same width the size difference (for me at least) is negligible when carrying but huge when it comes to how well I can shoot the gun. In my opinion the G19 is the finest all around carry/range gun out there. If I could have only one gun it would be the G19.

Having carried both extensively, I can say without a doubt the g26 is much better for concealment.

On the matter of printing, every mm counts. My g26 is invisible when my g19 is sticking out. Then there's the small things like the extra grip length of the g19 rubs on the seat belt buckle while driving so I have to adjust every time I get in/out of the vehicle.

There's no one huge reason the g26 is better for carry, but there's numerous smaller reasons that add up quickly.

Sometimes I carry a full frame pistol. In the winter, in the woods, late night alone at work , etc etc. But, if I had only one gun, it would be something like the g26 that I can carry comfortably in all conditions.

Having carried both extensively, I can say without a doubt the g26 is much better for concealment.

On the matter of printing, every mm counts. My g26 is invisible when my g19 is sticking out. Then there's the small things like the extra grip length of the g19 rubs on the seat belt buckle while driving so I have to adjust every time I get in/out of the vehicle.

There's no one huge reason the g26 is better for carry, but there's numerous smaller reasons that add up quickly.

Sometimes I carry a full frame pistol. In the winter, in the woods, late night alone at work , etc etc. But, if I had only one gun, it would be something like the g26 that I can carry comfortably in all conditions.

Maybe I ought to try a G26 :D

I have the G27 and G23.... Which are comparable to the G26/G19..... is this gonna be more of a carry gun then a shooting gun? I bought my G27 to carry but i hated shooting it.. my hands were to scrunched on the grip and it kinda hurt when i shot it... So now its just part of my "Go Bag" and My G23 is next to my bed... I carry my G30 which is PERFECT in my hand I love it..

my hands were to scrunched on the grip and it kinda hurt when i shot it...

That's because you were shooting a 40cal.
The guns are comparable in size, but they're completely different beasts to shoot.

It's a factor that's rarely considered. People assume that since they are similar size that they will shoot about the same.
I love the g26, but I wouldn't want a g27.

I have the Glock 26 and it is small and it goes bang when I pull the trigger (zero problems with it.)

My plan in the future is to pick up a 19 due to the 15 round capacity (flush mounted) and it is more universal for my needs ( better range gun & home protection)

Well granted that the G19 might be a little more accurate but the subcompact (G26) is easier to conceal and a little lighter. Now If you end up getting a subcompact you can always make it bigger. By bigger I mean you can use the full size mags..... I believe it's 17 rounds for the 9MM. and you can get a lonewolf barrel and put a compensator on it and it will be like a G19 almost lol. Now I would recommend this..... if you get a subcompact (my recommendation) you can actually get the g27 that is the same as the G26 but it shoots .40 cal and you can just get a 9mm lonewolf barrel and some Glock 9mm mags and you got two guns in one. I pretty much make whatever work for me, sometimes I conceal carry my G27 and sometimes I carry my 1911 full size. The smaller the pistol the lighter and easier to carry but a full size does not make me not wanna carry it.

Glocks are one of the best and you really can't go wrong with them.... the S&W M&P serious are nice too and the XDs are also good. Both S&W and XD have better triggers IMHO and that is coming from a Glock fan lol. If you end up getting either gun just make sure that you don't carry one in the chamber unless you have a good solid holster to protect the trigger, don't EVER have one in the chamber and stick the gun in your waist band like a gangsta and walk around lol you might wanna have kids one day hahahah. Glocks are like Hondas, they take a lickin' and keep on tickin'..... there are a lot of parts for them and they are just simple and reliable. Glocks are like the AK of pistols IMHO. You can also get LEO discounts with Glock and M&Ps .... well I do anyways and I am a Security officer. The fact that you can switch calibers with a Glock is a great things (yes you can change calibers with other mentioned pistols I believe but not as easy or cheap as a Glock, as far as I know), it's nice to have options.... like Nutnfancy says on his vids on YouTube lol. Good luck and be safe AND have fun.... let us know what you end up doing.

One last thing, with a glock 9mm u can get a 33 round mag and the glock .40 cal. you can have up to 22 rounds and that is factory mags.... don't trust aftermarket unless you just gonna go plinking.

Last Edited:
Glock is an amazing combat and duty weapon. It is even a very good all around weapon. Still, when it comes to concealed carry, there are so many better options IMHO. They are a bit thick and blocky and not my favorite trigger option. If you are just getting a gun for concealed carry and have other guns I would say get something geared towards easy carry

I carry a Glock 23, the compact .40. I did not like trying to conceal this gun until I got a Crossbreed Supertuck holster. This combination allows me to carry my 23 concealed under a T-shirt. I think you need to decide if the 26 is something you're willing to practice shooting. If not, get the 19, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

I love the concealment of a 26 but I'd go with the 19. Dunno about anyone else, but I found it kicked more and my aim wasn't as accurate. 19 seems more useful all around, 26 seems more specialized imo. I personally want both. :)

It depends on your body size, carry position, and shootability of the firearm. Most people can shoot the G26 just fine. Most people shoot a G19 better.

I am a big guy, and have no problems hiding the G19 in an IWB holster. Others may feel like they have a tumor on their hip if they tried to carry in that position. I chose the G19 because I shoot it much better, it has a greater capacity, and it hides for me just as well as the G26. When I was looking for a sub-compact, the difference between the G26 and G19 was negligible, so I went with a Kahr PM9 to fill that slot in my carry closet.

Ultimately, the largest handgun you can conceal well enough to carry is the best for you. Just be sure that you aren't leaving it at home because it is too big/uncomfortable/prints too much. If that is the case, get a different piece of hardware.

I carry a G19 in a fobus paddle holster. I love it. I am sure i print a little bit, but 99% of people have no idea what it is anyway. For a variety of reasons I find the glock to be the best carry gun and a 19 fits my needs of power, capacity and cheap to take to the range every week.

I think the 19 is the perfect sized weapon for carry. Small enough to conceal easily but holds 15 rounds and offers a usable sight radius. The 26 is a great gun but I find the 19 more useful.

I like to pocket carry when I can, and for me the difference in length between the 19 and 26 made the 26 the better choice. Might check out some different holsters, but in my Nemesis it rides about 1/2" below the top of the front pocket (26 would stick out of any pocket I've tried so far).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top