Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

BUY AMERICAN OR IT'S BYE AMERICA

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hardwood floor guy, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Hardwood floor guy

Hardwood floor guy Beaverton Active Member

I was just reading a yahoo article about the olympic uniforms being made in china and then the comments from the
    people which is always the best part of any yahoo article.
    It sounds like people are beginning to wake up about our country going down the drain(now if we will do something about it)and people are beginning to understand the importance of buying from your own country rather than buying
    the cheapest product to save a buck.I hope it's not too late already though.

We really have to stop buying this crap product and just tell these retailers like wally world to stick their china crap
    up their butts.It's hard when money is tight but I try to give the little hardware shops my money rather than
    Home depot.Home depot and Lowes get tax breaks for their donations to politicians where the little hardware store pays full taxes.Why in the world do we give our hard earned money to companies that dont provide jobs for Americans?
    or pay their share of taxes just to save a buck today?
    In the long run we will pay dearly for this when we are working for the china man.

It seems our country has divided and conquered it's people.We fight between eachother democrat vs republican
    like it's the civil war between the ducks and beavers and even though you know your team sucks this year you'll
    be damned if youre gonna support that other team even if their better,while all along it dont matter if it's bush sr,clinton,
    bush jr or obama they all have the same goal...keep the sheep fighting while we steal their country from them.

They both repub and dems have sold us out and they have an agenda to get the job done.
    Only we will reverse their damage by standing united no matter how much we hate the other team and make america
    strong like anyother soverign country would do.or like the old America would do when people had pride in their country
    forget pride in the crooked leaders but love America enough to fight for her because if you dont we will be like
    libya,or egypt saying "what just happened"?

We have to abandon those companies that moved overseas and make a statement by not buying their crap
    that could and should be made here.If not yes....stock your cellar with years of food water and ammo because youre gonna need it.

2. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Total travesty to have our US Olympians in Chinese threads. Whoever made that call needs to be outsourced.

3. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

For those who understand derivatives, you know what is coming our way. For those less familiar, I will try to describe the danger using a word image.

In our scene, we have a husband/father, a wife/mother and a few small children. The husband/father represents weathy bankers, attorneys, George Soros and his friends, etc... The wife/mother represents our Country. The children represent the people/citizens. Dad has been busy selling lotto tickets to hitmen. He charges $1,000 each and has sold approximately 10,000 so far. Each lottery ticket entitles the holder to a payout of $100,000 in the event that wife/mother ends up dead. How might she die? Doesn't really matter because as long as she ends up dead, each hitman gets paid $100,000. You might be getting the idea that Dad is a real piece of work, it's true. The children hear whispers of what is going on and fear for Mom. They have armed themselves with the best weapons they can find. One has a butter knife, another is clutching his Tonka truck, ready to throw it if necessary, another is hiding under a blanket.

Can the children stop Dad? Well it's a bit late for that, Dad got ball rolling but now it's out of his control. The 10,000 hitmen are already engaged. They each already hold a lottery ticket. The hitmen don't hate Mom, it's just business for them and they intend to get paid. Can the children stop the hitmen? What do you think?

This has become much more than a "Buy American" thing.

4. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

I heard this joke awhile back but the economy is so bad that the 'made in china' stickers are actually made in the US

5. Tangent123123

Tangent123123 Battle Ground Active Member

All these people complaining that the Olympic uniforms where made in China.... Really?

Go look in your own closets before you complain. How much of the clothes you buy are made in the USA? None at all I bet. But we want inexpensive clothing and we want our Walmart products. We cannot produce products as cheaply in the USA as they do in other countries. It's simple economics. People here expect to get paid at least minimum wage, which in most states is pushing close to $10/hr and in sweat shops overseas it's less then $10/week. As well as the fact that company share holders want their big profits. It's harder to make those big profits in american run union shops. Even the guy that mows the lawn wants $25/hr in a union shop. It's cheaper to set up production just about anywhere but the USA.

So at the end of the day if we want USA made products we will have to pay for them. Are you prepared to pay double or triple for your products to support the country? This day and age people don't care and are going to continue to go to Walmart for their products.

Iceman04503 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

A good start would be to give tax breaks to companies that repatriate their manufacturing to the US.

7. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

You're right but only to a point. There is a ton of stuff that is made in China and could be made here while the company makes a decent profit. Nike is a great example. The kind of prices they charge they could make it here, but patriotism is long gone from the individuals who become executives.
    but it is a complex issue and mostly due to the government rules and regulations. I would not be surprised if a lot of production was moved to china because the people running the companies got tired with dealing with all the government bull.
    Still, I do look at the labels. My first choicr is something made in the USA, if I cannot get that then my second step is to avoid buying stuff made in China (also labeled as PRC...sneaky bastards)

8. Hardwood floor guy

Hardwood floor guy Beaverton Active Member

buying from american companies that take our jobs to china is like giving your wife money to go spend with the guy she's cheating on you with.
    "here honey,go buy yourself one of those victoria secret nighties to wear on your date with the guy whos cukolding me."
    I mean really?you're gonna buy from a company that gives your,your sons,your brothers job to someone
    else in a country that is laughing about america falling on her face?
    I would rather do without that iphone,nike's,whatever it is than support my country's enemy.

9. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

This is why I don't own an alarm clock. When the one I had broke, I could not find one not made in China, so I did not buy one. Unfortunately, one cannot do that with everything. Some things you have no choice as there is no choice.

10. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

Your comparison is too simple, what would you say to a company that either goes out of business or moves jobs to china? Things are way more complicated in the real world than on a forum. Look at what has happened to Japans economy where the Government mandated that Japanese buy from Japanese businesses: Everything costs 10x what it does here and their economy has suffered stagnation for over a decade! If "we" truly believe in the free market it must cross borders or we are merely hypocrites.

There are no simple answers to complex problems.

11. Tangent123123

Tangent123123 Battle Ground Active Member

You are right. A company can't say "We're going with USA only made products, even if we are undercut by everyone else who is getting their stuff made in China.".. The company would go out of business due to not being able to compete.

Maybe if the government put an excise on non American products. Gives us extra tax money and maybe allows USA products able to compete.

But that would mean we all would pay more for our products. The public in general isn't prepared to do that.

12. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

I was in Medford last weekend and was blown away at the Walmart there killing time while my Tire was being fixed at costco

there was something there that was US made for sale

Not only was it US made it was a COLT M4 carbine.

of corse it was the only area with US made products but it was nice to see.

13. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

It is too late. At this point, "buying American" on any real scale isn't even possible. We simply are gutted. We don't make things anymore. An empty vessel, a 'service-based' (read debt) economy.

The US is already economically a corpse. The worst financial statement on the planet. It is being kept on life support as long as we are willing to assault countries without a central bank, for the benefit of the global banksters.

The US is done as a competitor in the global economy. We were sold the lie that we could go head to head with an Asian willing to live on $2 a day. When the banksters decide to pull the plug we will be the world's first industrialized third-world nation.

The end game is global governance and a World Bank. You can't have that with one nation living high on the hog. All nations/peoples must be brought down to accepting the $2/day scenario, and yes, that is where we are heading. As Peter Schiff has said for years, the Chinese slave is going to get a pay raise while you are going to be sent to the poor house.

Most of the population will perish in a short time period. The coming collapse is indeed global, but we have the farthest to fall. The emotional shock of going from being coddled with every trinket, toy, and luxury to being forced to scrounge for food will be too much for the Twittering Twits to bear.

Nothing will be done about it because our entitled, deluded, and proud populace is fixated on the status quo, the here and now, keeping the illusion of prosperity (based on debt) alive. That is far more important than any drastic measures and compromise to try and save our dying empire. Bumbling banker puppets take center stage in Nov while anyone willing to face our demise is marginalized and rejected. You get to choose from one paid for traitor or another; in other words, don't bother.

The truth is half of us won't be alive a decade from now, it is going to be that bad.

[video=youtube;D71aiYq7jeM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D71aiYq7jeM&feature=related[/video]

Iceman04503 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

I am NOT willing to buy a product JUST because it is made in the USA. Sorry that is a stupid way to act. I AM willing to spend money on quality products.

If a product I want to buy is made in the USA AND quality I am willing to pay for it. I am NOT willing to pay more for a lesser product simply because it is made in the USA.

15. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

+1, right now there are more "master craftsmen" in China than in the USA. Just look at the quality of Chinese violins that are beating Italian and Americans.

The Chinese are doing to us what we did to the British as far as producing goods.

16. Silver Hand

Silver Hand Southern Oregon Coast Well-Known Member

Maybe the same people that discontinued the Browning Patent 1911 .45 and gave the contract to Beretta for there 9mm. to arm our U. S. forces.