Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Butch's Gun Shop

Discussion in 'Washington Reviews' started by Northwest Firearms, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms Pacific Northwest Site Maintenance

Butch's Gun Shop
    7503 Aurora Ave N
    Seattle, WA 98103
    (206) 789-7575

2. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

I had a good experience there 3-4 years ago. They answered over 10 minutes of my questions, although there was only one other customer in the store. I made a purchase at a reasonable price, and they called me as soon as the gubmint said I'm OK.

3. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

They sold me an illegally (922r) converted DR200 with a pistol grip. Will not do business with them again. They returned the weapon only after some heavy persuasion and an ATF mention

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  4. jhc5

jhc5 Seattle, WA Member

Just bought a ruger 22/45 there a couple weeks ago. I made the mistake of going on a saturday, when everyone and their girlfriend was in the store. service suffered, but they kept up. as far as price goes, they are little higher than other places. They wanted 299 for the 22/45, Outdoor Emporium by Quest Field wanted 265 (and they wouldve had to order it). Ended up buying at Butchs because they were willing to negotiate, and I have a soft spot for small stores that are trying to compete with the big guys. I say thumbs up for a local store.:thumbup:, but Outdoor Emporium has been hard to beat on price in my opinion. I ended up buying a Henry Frontier Octagon from them.

5. Humpyslayer

Humpyslayer Kent Member

Use to live 3 minutes from it. Bunch of D-bags when I was in there. Over priced. Never had any .308 ammo and would just look at me like I was a jerk for asking when they planned on getting some in. Took my girlfriend in there to look at a Glock 30 and the guy took it and put it back and handed her a .22 tauraus knock off of a beretta with pink handles and told her "this is more your style".

6. carbuncle

carbuncle South Snoho Member

Just bought my 6906 from them last month, I like them alright. Good selection of used guns and budget-friendly firearms.

7. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

I go in there every-once-in-a-while. I will say, sometimes them being d-bags is to my advantage. A few years ago I noticed a Ruger #1 on the wall with an older Leupold fixed-power target scope. Walked out with it for $650. Promptly removed the scope and eBayed it for $500, sold the rifle on Gunbroker for what I paid for it.

8. ecurbCO

ecurbCO northwest WA New Member

Not sure about the glowering guy, but the young woman who dealt with me was polite and professional. Had what I needed (hoppes & grease), and pulled out a springfield XD I was eying. Followed the rules and checked the chamber before handing it over--much better than I expected given the looks of the store and the location (on 99). No twirling and dry-firing at passers-by through the window, like another Seattle store I could mention...
    Would recommend, especially if you know what you're up to.