JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was under the impression that they have been using something similar to this for quite a few years. At least, for some training. Frangible rounds and ceramics have been around for awhile.

If I recall, lead cleanup at Fort Leonard Wood was extremely expensive. They were looking for ways to minimize the environmental impact and remediation costs.

I haven't seen any credible reports that M855A1 is less effective... in fact, it seems to be an overall improvement. It's a hotter, flatter load, and isn't half as toxic to the shooter or the range.

I tested high for blood lead level a few years ago. Took over a year of BLL reduction efforts to bring it back down. Was I eating paint chips? Nope... that was from breathing in burnt smokeless powder and handling and cleaning guns firing open-assed jacketed lead projectiles.

As hilarious as all these comments are, I actually read the Fox article. No one is saying anything about these bullets having worse performance. It says they won't have performance 'substantially better', which means they perform at least the same as the current round. Are there better things the Army could spend money on? God yes, but this is pretty mundane for government waste.

I think this whole thing was brought down by Hamid Karzai and this new " security deal".....he's probably got Barry's ear because of all the DU rounds we used over there....

I'm sure Obama will start up a website where the Marine Corps can order Twinkie flavored grenades and rifle rounds that resemble Skittles ( in memory of Trayvon Martin) to use against the enemy.....except the website will crash and the Military brass won't be able to log on....

Then in lieu of fighting, we will sit around the campfire while Barry rocks the bongo to Kumbaya, smoke legalized marijuana with the fire being kept lit with shreds of the Constitution as fire starter....

I think this whole thing was brought down by Hamid Karzai and this new " security deal".....he's probably got Barry's ear because of all the DU rounds we used over there....

I'm sure Obama will start up a website where the Marine Corps can order Twinkie flavored grenades and rifle rounds that resemble Skittles ( in memory of Trayvon Martin) to use against the enemy.....except the website will crash and the Military brass won't be able to log on....

Then in lieu of fighting, we will sit around the campfire while Barry rocks the bongo to Kumbaya, smoke legalized marijuana with the fire being kept lit with shreds of the Constitution as fire starter....

...Or maybe we're just trying to reduce the toxicity of ammunition.

I realize a lot of the stuff our government does is furthering your eventual enslavement and descent into the pit of eternal hell... but not everything they do is.

Anytime you see the term "stopping power" used seriously assume that the author has no grounding or a very poor understanding of terminal ballistics or is writing for an audience that doesn't.

I think you should re-think your tactic.

Ben, unlike a lot of people on this board, I very rarely open my mouth or put my fingers to the keyboard without thinking.....sometimes I'm just being sarcastic, other times I'm just trying to have fun, both of which never translate to the screen. With that said, my point regarding this thread is that having actually been to the Middle East ( maybe you have too, I don't know?) I've used all sorts of ammunition and explosive materials on the enemy. I've seen the results with my own eyes both to the Taliban and well as our own guys. Having said that, I really could care less what we shoot at our enemy as long as its effective be it lead, ceramic, tungsten, whatever....This administration has, and continues to lose all credibility. So when this administration, the same one that has essentially castrated the greatest fighting force known to man, proclaims that they have some super-dooper new environmentally friendly ammo for killing bad guys, excuse my lack of enthusiasm.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top