JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let me start with I am wanting to get into the pcp game. It will mostly be used as pest control in the yard (within city limits) so sound suppression is a must, and punching paper. I also am wanting something with some power possibly 50fpe within 100 yards ideally but realistically <50 yards.

I am really liking the condor SS (well everything except the price) with a frame and shroud extender (probably wild bills and talon tunes) buy i am not really sure about the caliber.... I like .22 but .25 might be better. .22 is better to be quiet i know, but might be a little too small for moderate sized game like raccoon and coyotes.

I also think i want to start with a pump to help keep me independent.

I like the look of the talon ss/ condor ss and really like the look of bulpups (evanix).

Any help/thoughts are welcome.

Hi Cally,

You didn't mention a budget figure but if you are just getting into air rifles, you might want to consider a Benjamin Discovery PCP air rifle as a starting point. It comes with an manual air pump to begin with and while not really suited to varmits it does a good job on squirrels and small critters. A TKO moderator can be added to keep the noise down.

The Discovery has a lower working pressure (2k psi ) so you don't have to pump it up to critical mass pressures to get satisfactory performance.

This set up will allow you be independent of a suitable high pressure compressor until you decide you want to step up your game.

You may also wish to start checking in your neck of the woods to see where you can fill high pressure tanks to charge your PCP rifle with out having to travel many miles to do so.

Since youre in the Portland Area finding a pumping station shouldn't be too difficult. ( famous last words LOL)

<broken link removed>

Hope this helps

B.V.E.

Let me start with I am wanting to get into the pcp game. It will mostly be used as pest control in the yard (within city limits) so sound suppression is a must, and punching paper. I also am wanting something with some power possibly 50fpe within 100 yards ideally but realistically <50 yards.

I am really liking the condor SS (well everything except the price) with a frame and shroud extender (probably wild bills and talon tunes) buy i am not really sure about the caliber.... I like .22 but .25 might be better. .22 is better to be quiet i know, but might be a little too small for moderate sized game like raccoon and coyotes.

I like the look of the talon ss/ condor ss and really like the look of bulpups (evanix).

CALLY
I wanted to upgrade to a better air gun for the same purpose you have. I shot a 17 RWS for some time but entered the PCP game with a used Benjamin Marauder. IMO no comparison on effectiveness on pests...the 22 is much better. 25 cal will hit just that much harder but will use more air. Also a PCP has no issues with "springer hold" accuracy...this one easily shoots 1/2 groups @ 75 feet. I run this air gun between 2500 and 3000 psi. If you shoot alot, air supply can be a problem. I was lucky a freind gave me a scuba tank...dive shops will top it off for 7-8 bucks.
Hope this helps

Thanks for the replies. As far as budget i was thinking ~600-800. I am strongly leaning toward condor SS but still have thoughts of marauder pistol (p-rod?). I would also be getting a pump and eventually scuba tank to have filling options (local dive shop can fill tank no problem)

Thanks for the replies. As far as budget i was thinking ~600-800. I am strongly leaning toward condor SS but still have thoughts of marauder pistol (p-rod?). I would also be getting a pump and eventually scuba tank to have filling options (local dive shop can fill tank no problem)

If you want to try some rifles out to see what you like, I have Marauders, PRod, Sumatras, Hatsans, Disco, P12, M10, FDPCP. I'm retired and am home most of the time, send a pm if you want to come down. I'm located a mile from I-5 exit 242.
Regards, Tom

If you have the opportunity you should take tkerrigan up on his offer. He has the most impressive air gun collection I have ever seen. I even put a hole in his barn wall w/ one of his big bore rifles and he just laughed... Great guy and great resource.

Shooting 10 or so rifles one after the next really helped me figure out what I wanted in the pcp world. And if he doesn't have it he probably has had it and can tell you all about it.

No this is not a tkerrigan advertisement: ) Just a good guy that's eager to get more people on air guns.

I ended up with a HW97k (.20 cal). Some day ill have the CZs200.

good luck

EVANIX AR6 in .22 cal. I dropped racoons out to 86 yds. and a coyote at 25 yds. has a lot of energy with eun jin 28gr pellets.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top