JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do the PT;).

I had to skip the first week and possibly because of not moving much I developed that DVT in my calf and it hurt more then the knee does now that the DVT is on its way to under control.

Hope your shoulder starts to feel better soon!

Just to double check are you taking oxys that's say 5/325 or 7.5/325?

Or are they straight 5mg or more of straight Oxy?

If it's the first one then the second number is already Tylenol. Figure your on top of things but I just wanted to double check for ya. That stuff will kill your liver:(.

5mg straight oxy.:eek: I'm careful with tylenol. Thanks.

Friday was the worst day all week. Saturday I'm feeling a bit better. But my onboard clock ain't tracking the right time zone. Just don't always know the difference between night or day. But my cat don't mind a little extra shut eye with me..

WAYNO.

Fast forward a month later. It's 2:15 in the morning and my shoulder is keeping me awake.

All of a sudden this week, I'm feeling tons better. I think feeling tons better causes me to overdo it a little bit. And, I had PT yesterday. She cranked on me pretty good.

At Kaiser, I don't always have the same physical therapist. Over the last 5-weeks I've rotated between 3 different ones. And all three have a little different idea of what my home plan should be. I'll see a therapist, she'll tell me to show her my stretching program. Then I'll be scolded for doing the wrong stretches. All I can say is the this is what the last therapist taught me. Sheesh.

Since the surgery, I've been prescribed a total of 50 oxycodone's. I've got about 15 of them remaining. I'm back to not wanting to use them up and not have any if I have a really rough night. That causes me to not use them when I really should. Like tonight. But I've gotta drive to the coast in the morning to buy a gun, and don't want to be all loaded up on pills.

I just had a brain flash. While my wife was away today I mowed the lawn. I was careful, but maybe that's part of why my arm and shoulder is keeping me awake now.

Back to Kaiser...It's tough to get the straight scoop when you never see the same provider two times in a row. I was at my first post-op appointment and saw a doctor that had nothing to do with my surgery. He just happened to tell me that in addition to my rotator cuff repair, and the body and fender work they did under my clavicle, they also detached, and then re-attached my biceps. That could have been useful information to have, when in addition to my hurting shoulder, my arm was also pounding away. Made me worry that I tore something else lose.

Ya know what? Since I've been somewhat immobile for the first three weeks after the surgery, my aching knees don't ache as much.

Can you imagine...I whine and bellyache because I hurt after all the surgeries I've had. But there are people in this world, even in this country, that have no access to healthcare. When they have a busted knee, or shoulder, or anything else, they've just gotta live with it. Makes me feel my whining is not earned.

Well, I'm gonna try going back to bed. Good night, all!

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
Shoulders suck
Been there.
Got a hematoma and a blood clot to the lung.
Had to reopen the wound and wash out.
Then my world class surgeon got hit head while riding his Harley. Killed his wife riding on the back.
Do ALL PT.

Ripping tendons off of biceps? Blowing out rotator cuffs? Busting up knees? Pinching/crushing vertebrae? :eek:

Y'all DO KNOW that they make all sorts of cool power tools & equipment to lift & move heavy things like kitchen appliances, construction materials.... and automobiles, right? o_O

:D

Fast forward a month later. It's 2:15 in the morning and my shoulder is keeping me awake.

All of a sudden this week, I'm feeling tons better. I think feeling tons better causes me to overdo it a little bit. And, I had PT yesterday. She cranked on me pretty good.

At Kaiser, I don't always have the same physical therapist. Over the last 5-weeks I've rotated between 3 different ones. And all three have a little different idea of what my home plan should be. I'll see a therapist, she'll tell me to show her my stretching program. Then I'll be scolded for doing the wrong stretches. All I can say is the this is what the last therapist taught me. Sheesh.

Since the surgery, I've been prescribed a total of 50 oxycodone's. I've got about 15 of them remaining. I'm back to not wanting to use them up and not have any if I have a really rough night. That causes me to not use them when I really should. Like tonight. But I've gotta drive to the coast in the morning to buy a gun, and don't want to be all loaded up on pills.

I just had a brain flash. While my wife was away today I mowed the lawn. I was careful, but maybe that's part of why my arm and shoulder is keeping me awake now.

Back to Kaiser...It's tough to get the straight scoop when you never see the same provider two times in a row. I was at my first post-op appointment and saw a doctor that had nothing to do with my surgery. He just happened to tell me that in addition to my rotator cuff repair, and the body and fender work they did under my clavicle, they also detached, and then re-attached my biceps. That could have been useful information to have, when in addition to my hurting shoulder, my arm was also pounding away. Made me worry that I tore something else lose.

Ya know what? Since I've been somewhat immobile for the first three weeks after the surgery, my aching knees don't ache as much.

Can you imagine...I whine and bellyache because I hurt after all the surgeries I've had. But there are people in this world, even in this country, that have no access to healthcare. When they have a busted knee, or shoulder, or anything else, they've just gotta live with it. Makes me feel my whining is not earned.

Well, I'm gonna try going back to bed. Good night, all!

WAYNO.

I switch to Keizer in a week:eek:.

Compared to seeing the same surgeons and therapists your appointments sound like a nightmare!!!!

Complain away....;)

Glad your feeling good enough to over due it - it's kind of a hard point for me right now. I feel to good to lay down all day but too good to just sit here and do nothing as well...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top