JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Joe13...Now that I'm feeling a tad better, I gotta say how sympathetic I am to your situation. I know all too well that spending weeks, or even months off your feet, and on multiple cocktails of the latest pharmaceuticals do take a toll on so many fronts.

It's my turn to say that someday this will all be just a memory, and you'll be so glad it's behind you. There were times I truly thought I might not survive intact. But I'm here to say I did.

Continue to do what they want you to do, and continue to question the quacks when you think their judgement might require some scrutiny. After my knee replacement, I do believe the Physical Therapists did more damage than therapy.

Take care.

WAYNO.

Thanks, WAYNO:)

The first therapist was a grouchy old fart and I was just about to tell the front desk I would not be back if I had him again, when they set me up at a different clinic close to my house.

The new one is easier on the eyes at the least (maybe that's sexist?) and more positive and knowledgeable then the last guy by far - she killed a few of the excersises he gave me the first time I saw her as being to advanced for my condition and seems to be able to push me without pushing me to the point of breaking.

Apreaciate the encouragement very much.

My knee was screaming for pain meds at 4:30am and I was able to hold it off by some stretching and flexing of the leg, tylanol and an ice pack:) + mucking around on this forum for awhile:D.

Therapy is going well, mostly in a holding pattern and trying to gain strength with the few excersises I can do until I'm cleared for weight baring (hopefully) on the 12th.

Started driving again today (I feel like I'm 16 again and just got my license lol - it's nice to not be stuck on the couch 24/7) and while having my leg down for a few hours now is slightly uncomfortable on my foot, my knee seems mostly good to go.

Taking a pair of Tylenol first thing in the am and just before bed seems to do enough for me at this point, plus Ice and elevation when I can.

2 weeks and 2 days till I can get into the serious recovery stuff so I'm counting the days...:cool:

What I more meant
Yessir;)!

I've assured the wife that while I am happy to be helping with driving, my first and only priority is to get healed and not push it.
I'm not dicking around here, son. You have to make and keep yourself better than when you did the little leg twisty fail.

Joe, glad your recovery is progressing - it gets better! I had surgery for a tibial plateau fracture on March 9th and was on crutches for 114 days [not that I was counting]. The whole thing took a toll on my mind more than my body for the first 6-8 weeks.

I can say that rather than count the days, I finally figured out I was going to go about my life as much as possible and stop waiting for it to be 'normal' again. I think that if I had to go through it again [please no!] I would be better-equipped to handle it.

Hang in there, man! And enjoy life as much as you can - I burned too many days being depressed and feeling sorry for myself.

What I more meant

I'm not dicking around here, son. You have to make and keep yourself better than when you did the little leg twisty fail.

Joe, glad your recovery is progressing - it gets better! I had surgery for a tibial plateau fracture on March 9th and was on crutches for 114 days [not that I was counting]. The whole thing took a toll on my mind more than my body for the first 6-8 weeks.

I can say that rather than count the days, I finally figured out I was going to go about my life as much as possible and stop waiting for it to be 'normal' again. I think that if I had to go through it again [please no!] I would be better-equipped to handle it.

Hang in there, man! And enjoy life as much as you can - I burned too many days being depressed and feeling sorry for myself.

Thanks guys:cool:

I am still focused and more serious about my fitness level then I've been since my early 20's.

This has been a crappy but motivating experience and I have no intention of being slightly over weight and certainly not out of shape (stamina wise) by this time next year.

I know it won't happen overnight, so I'm in it to win the long haul, not just getting off crutches;).

All the support, motivation and advice is, and has been, greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks guys:cool:

I am still focused and more serious about my fitness level then I've been since my early 20's.

This has been a crappy but motivating experience and I have no intention of being slightly over weight and certainly not out of shape (stamina wise) by this time next year.

I know it won't happen overnight, so I'm in it to win the long haul, not just getting off crutches;).

All the support, motivation and advice is, and has been, greatly appreciated!!!

That's a great thing to focus on; I regret not doing so. I was so sedentary and dejected that I just ate/drank everything I wanted - which was a lot :)

Now, since gaining 25+ pounds in the last 6 months, I'm not only trying to rehab my knee, I'm working on losing weight at the same time. And the extra pounds hasn't helped my recovery, either.

So, you're on the right track, IMO.

That's a great thing to focus on; I regret not doing so. I was so sedentary and dejected that I just ate/drank everything I wanted - which was a lot :)

Now, since gaining 25+ pounds in the last 6 months, I'm not only trying to rehab my knee, I'm working on losing weight at the same time. And the extra pounds hasn't helped my recovery, either.

So, you're on the right track, IMO.
Goldarnit preach it, preacher man. BTDT. Hard row but row

Here's some glamour shots from mine :)

upload_2016-9-26_16-30-33.png

upload_2016-9-26_16-30-57.png

One week to go until I am hopefully on only one crutch or a cane and starting to walk again!!!

I'm getting a little impatient and ansy about moving forward and getting better.

Been in a holding pattern for a few weeks now and it's getting to me.

This forum, YouTube, movies and video games just aren't keeping my interest so I feel like a caged lion (figuratively) pacing in my pen.

To make things even worse, my insurance is changing November 1st and I will have to find all new doctors part way thru this recovery - which I hate doing after finding some good ones:(.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top