JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't get it? Who's the seller here^^? Does anyone actually buy that? Oh, I guess if you're one of those folks that's rolling in dough and will never run out? The people that buy absolutely anything that draws their eye, on a whim?

I look at it like "I don't HAVE TO shoot"? Even if I was rolling in dough, I wouldn't pay that just on principal alone!

Looks like another Cheaper Than Dirt ad..."Our low price"

Edit: Had a look, yup CTD.

On the same quick look, they sold out of Magtech 9mm 115gr...at almost $50/box of 50!!!

Magtech 9mm Luger Ammunition 50 Rounds 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket 1135fps

2-mt9a.jpg

QTY
Availability:
  • Out of Stock
Our Low Price $49.25

I was able to snag these before they ran out of stock at bass pro...

I can't believe I'm "happy" to get 5.56 for nearly 45 cents per round!

View attachment 729809

Yah, really strange times!

Bought some Australian Outback 62gr F1A1 ball (the Aussie version of M855) @ $.39/rd from Global Ordnance when I bought some AR & AK mags on special (all of which now sold out, unfortunately).

Bought the Aussie stuff not out of need, but to see how they compare with M855. Supposedly better bearing surface, or some such.

Pretty vomitus price, that. But figured what the heck give them a try vs M855, & given the going rate on ANY brass cased 5.56 these days...

Feel pretty bad for folks whom are having to buy out of need these days (for any number of reasons)!

And, while this is going on, here are my ammo costs for what I shoot the most:

Ammo cost:

.223 Accuracy/hunting/SD Load
Hornady 62 gr BTHP. .10
TAC. ..087
Primer .03

Total. ..217 or $4.34 per box of 20

Bulk plinking load
Wolf 55 gr FMJ. .051
Reloder 10x. .069
Primer. .03

Total. .15. or $3.00 per box of 20

9mm bulk practice/plinking load
RMR. 115 FMJ. .082
Titegroup. .015
CCI-500. .025

Total. .122. Or $6.10 per box of 50

FWIW, I have yet to fire any steel case ammo in any of my firearms. And almost all my brass is once fired factory ammo from members of my gun club who don't reload. :D

Question, do you keep reserves on factory ammo too or just reloads?
I have, a couple thousand rounds of Fiocchi Extrema 40 gr V-Max .223 ammo on hand. Thinking about selling off some of it, if somebody wants to pay .60 per round for it. It is spectacular on small varmints at 3,600 fps out of a 26" barrel and much more accurate than any FMJ I have ever run. Functions fine and accurate in both my 1 in 8" twist AR's, too. (S&W Sport and Stag Model 6).

I rarely shoot 5.56. I have two ARs chambered in it, but really don't need them for anything other than SHTF and varmint hunting.

I checked my supply and only have 600 rounds in mostly higher quality ammo for them. At my current rate of use, will last me 20 years.

Went to a CA local gun show over the weekend. The on-site ammo vendor started with at least a pallet and a half of 9mm at $360/1k. Long lines were averaging over 2 hours in 105 - 107 degree heat for mid-day and afternoon. By the end of Saturday, all the 9mm and 45 cal was gone - so nothing for Sunday attendees.

Last Edited:
So I went out and bought a few boxes of 45-70 fuel just now. I'm a bit confused as to the reasoning, if any, behind this latest panic buy deal. I fully expected anything 12ga, 9mm, 40, 45, 357, 223/5.56, etc to be tight ... but 45-70? How is that in any way an HD choice except in a dire pinch? Did someone turn a bunch of rogue elephants loose in western OR and no one has informed me?

Maybe production is diverted to the previously mentioned HD choices and 45-70 is just drying up due to attrition?

The LGS has acres of 450 Bushmaster, but so do I so that didn't help much. I believe I'll use the 300 Win Mag on any marauding elephants, in any case.

So I went out and bought a few boxes of 45-70 fuel just now. I'm a bit confused as to the reasoning, if any, behind this latest panic buy deal. I fully expected anything 12ga, 9mm, 40, 45, 357, 223/5.56, etc to be tight ... but 45-70? How is that in any way an HD choice except in a dire pinch? Did someone turn a bunch of rogue elephants loose in western OR and no one has informed me?

Maybe production is diverted to the previously mentioned HD choices and 45-70 is just drying up due to attrition?

The LGS has acres of 450 Bushmaster, but so do I so that didn't help much. I believe I'll use the 300 Win Mag on any marauding elephants, in any case.
My guess is production is being diverted. Seems to me that's what happened last time around.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top