JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe I shouldn't have let go of what I did last week. A friend was asking for ammo so I sold him what little factory ammo I had, a few hundred rounds of 5.56 and 9mm, for pre-panic prices. It's fine, I just hope he doesn't burn it up because it was cheap and plentiful, and then go looking for more.

The shelves are full where I shop, and all free for me. I have plenty of reloads, but they are mine and not for sale.
Wow, free ammo! Gotta be connected to all that ammo .gov started buying up some time back which means we ALL paid for it. Ammo is NEVER free, just no cost to certain groups! Before someone else asks it, do you get your sex for free (no attachments) also? OK, maybe that was a little too much to ask but this topic covers both:cool:

I wouldn't call it price gouging , It is called supply & demand. Looking @ local gun shops most shelves are near empty. I am used to paying 170/1000 9MM and today I found Tula @ 157.00 for 500. Way over priced and not even brass. Look online for best prices. I doubt if A Cut Above is making a killing selling ammo.

Wow, free ammo! Gotta be connected to all that ammo .gov started buying up some time back which means we ALL paid for it. Ammo is NEVER free, just no cost to certain groups! Before someone else asks it, do you get your sex for free (no attachments) also? OK, maybe that was a little too much to ask but this topic covers both:cool:
Nope, nobody paid for my ammo but me. I paid for various components, and put a lot of time into assembling it, but my shelves are full and I don't have to buy it when I go to use it. It's only free when I take it off my shelf because it's mine already.

And yes to the second question, though I did pay for the rings a couple decades ago. I also ended up with some awesome kids out of the deal, who coincidentally like to help me use up the aforementioned ammo. :)

Nope, nobody paid for my ammo but me. I paid for various components, and put a lot of time into assembling it, but my shelves are full and I don't have to buy it when I go to use it. It's only free when I take it off my shelf because it's mine already.

And yes to the second question, though I did pay for the rings a couple decades ago. I also ended up with some awesome kids out of the deal, who coincidentally like to help me use up the aforementioned ammo. :)
OK, after finally understanding your double-speak, My path was exactly the same except mine started over 5 decades ago!

high.jpg
Obama price back in 09
25rds

If you want to play you gotta pay. In times like these we have severe shortages over nothing to worry about. That is why you buy ammo every paycheck and reloading supplies inbetween the shortages. The shooting up at the Darrington pits slowed way down with this ammo shortage.
People don't plan ahead and are left at home with empty guns and pissed off attitudes.
It will be over in six months or so then you will have cheap ammo again but it will be winter and you won't need it then so wait until spring and something elses might come along and jack the prices up again.
It's a free market out there and it's all supply & demand.
You can buy 22lr at Walmart and go do some short rimfire range shooting. Better then nothing.

Been there & done it so I have been steadily buying and prepping for this shortage buying ammo and reliading supplies. I have five ammo cans full of loaded 223 ammo, now I can load a couple ammo cans of 38spl & 357mag.
Walmart is no friend to shooters. I avoid trading with them if at all possible. Bit by bit they are turning into Dick's and I wrote those swine off forever.

Yes, never clean brass/bronze/copper with any kind of ammonia product, including Brasso.

I use Ballistol and a green scrubber pad.
A gallon zip lock with some dawn, warm water and a little vinegar then shake works really good. Then bake in the oven on low for a half hour or so. If your wife will let you:s0114:

Coastal has TulAmmo [7.62x39mm, 122gr. HP, steel case] for ~$12 a box of 40. So, 500 rounds would be ~$150...

$210 + $13 shipping. 1 case limit. Ad in $6 AR mags, or $7 AK mags, ship price stays the same...

Mind that TulAmmo is poop, IMO. But usually goes bang, so good for range/drill use. Still overpriced for what it is, however a good price in the current market.

If someone has a NEED, price is secondary anyways.

Lets get a list started of businesses in Oregon that are price gouging on ammo right now I'll start.
Was at A Cut Above Pawn today, usually(pre-panic) was a great place to deal with, that has changed.
I was shocked to see they wanted $325 for 500 rounds of Tula 122 grain hp 7.62x39, that is insane, I'm not going to pay that much ever for 7.62x39 .
I know some places are charging a little more for some things, but 7.62x39 even the exact same load can be had elsewhere for less for 1000 rounds!

Perhaps the low prices we've seen following Trump's election are abnormally low, and us buyers had been gouging the manufacturers? I suppose the issue with firearms and ammo is that it tends to not have a middle ground -- either nobody feels like they need it and businesses struggle and die, or everyone wants it at once and the market will bear higher prices.

Last Edited:
... It will be over in six months or so then you will have cheap ammo again ...

I suspect it will take longer that 6 months. If Trump wins there will be more riots which will drive demand to high levels into 2021. If he loses, everyone will want to stock up before Biden and his crew can finish gutting the 2A, which will drive prices higher forever.

$210 + $13 shipping. 1 case limit. Ad in $6 AR mags, or $7 AK mags, ship price stays the same...

Mind that TulAmmo is poop, IMO. But usually goes bang, so good for range/drill use. Still overpriced for what it is, however a good price in the current market.

If someone has a NEED, price is secondary anyways.

I was surprised by some TulAmmo recently. I was helping a friend with his 7.62x39 AR, and believe it or not, the cheap TulAmmo was shooting fairly consistent 1.5" groups at 100 yards. It was an accurate platform with a good barrel, but I was surprised that junk ammo would shoot that well!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top