JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A fella can walk away from a price he don't like. No need to tarnish someone's business name over it. Perhaps it'll be bought tomorrow by someone who got caught with their pants down. If no one buys it, the price will come down.

Lets get a list started of businesses in Oregon that are price gouging on ammo right now I'll start.
Was at A Cut Above Pawn today, usually(pre-panic) was a great place to deal with, that has changed.
I was shocked to see they wanted $325 for 500 rounds of Tula 122 grain hp 7.62x39, that is insane, I'm not going to pay that much ever for 7.62x39 .
I know some places are charging a little more for some things, but 7.62x39 even the exact same load can be had elsewhere for less for 1000 rounds!
I have never known Cut Above to be a goto place for ammo anyway!

We have had multiple panics followed by years of salad days.... The time to buy cheap and stack deep has once again passed. At the LGS today at about 3pm and the BGC system was at 4200.

Or just buy from places that don't price gouge. There are still some places with pre-panic pricing though they are mostly online.
Hmmm, some clarity on your situation may make your case a little better. Are you trying to stack ammo right now, or just trying to replace consumed ammo, as part of your normal life? If you are trying to stack ammo right now, there should be no sympathy had for you by anyone, and tarnishing a company for pricing to market, is nonsense. Its economics, not gouging.
Now, IF you are just trying to replace shot up ammo, I feel your pain, however unless stacked deeeeeeep, we all have to potentially suck it up and buy expensive ammo, or shoot less...;)

I'd rather see higher prices and be able to buy something at the local store over having some jack wagon buy it all up and sell it at the same high price personally.

Here we go again. Someone's mad that a business is selling their inventory for what they want. And I do mean selling, not asking. If this isn't a wake-up call to load your own, I don't know what will be. I'm able to load for about half the cost of pre panic rounds and bullets themselves haven't give up much

My op for what it's worth... #1-you're doing the best thing you can do by publicizing the business. Take a little pride in that. #2-What do you expect buying ammo from a pawn shop? #3-They figure, and maybe rightly so, that when it's REALLY time to spray your yard, you'll pay that and more... :) .....with a smile, stranger.

sounds like capitalism capitalizing on unprepared folks. I tend to lean left on issues (usually civil rights, education and healthcare), but this is a personal choice that boils down to supply, demand, and desire. Nobody is forcing anyone to feed their guns, and anyone can refuse to purchase ammo that they feel is overpriced.

Should the price be regulated by the government or something? That sounds awfully liberal, and a gateway to regulating quantity, quality, and diversity.

I am extremely glad that I got into reloading a couple years ago. I figured something like this, or preventative legislature would hit eventually. Just didn't know when.

I feel for those new to the scene. The prices reflect demand, that's all. As said, you don't have to buy what you're looking at.
What's going on, is a re-run of an old movie. There will likely be more opportunities to view it, so, stock up on the "snacks" during intermission.

I was on AmmoSeek yesterday looking to add 500-1000 rds each of 9, 40, 45, and 12ga... plenty of Tula available, if you like that sort of thing. Not a whole lot of smaller lots (<1000rds) available and what was represented started at $0.27/rd.

30 cents/rd for steel cased Tula?
No, thank you.
I was going to try to get ahead of whatever dopey BGC scheme the nimrods in Salem and Olympia are looking at... it's a perfect storm for freedom-haters.

On the flip side, one of my dealers was bragging to me about how much they'd raised my ammo prices and I cut them off. No need to price gouge, I'll just make more. If my costs go up, and they haven't, then I'll raise my prices. But never just because I can.

For those that believe this is another typical cycle, now would be a good time to rotate out the older parts of your stash. I have unloaded probably 75% of my stash. Hopefully after my credit card debt is paid off, prices will have come back down and I can rebuild my ammo stash with fresh ammo. I will pay for new ammo with cash this time.

Ammo doesn't age much. It can be 50 years old and perfectly fine if stored correctly.

That said, I sold off bulk ball ammo for more than I paid for it (but at a price consistent with the current market) and then I invested in self-defense ammo for about 10% more than what I sold the ball ammo for. There is always a market for ammo (.

As hinted to above, perhaps best not to blame the store, as the cause is likely the wholesaler or manufacturer who jacked up their prices. Either way, never a bad idea to buy more when prices are low, or invest in tools to roll your own! (And stockpile those items as well!)

Just got notice that my order from Global Ordinance has shipped.

They had (have?) Australian Outback Buy One Get One Free 20 Round Box .308 Win 165 Grain Sierra Gameking offer, so I did some research, liked the results and bought half a case+ (560).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top