JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Am I the only one seeing a surge of business review threads popping up on this site.
Ever since I upgraded to a Silver membership when Joe asked for donations, I've been inundated with these reviews when I click on the "New" header.
Anyone else now seeing these posts, and is there a way to make them hidden somehow?

What if I open up a sandwich shop IN a gun shop? :D

Joe's trying to make the Review Section into a "Yelp-4-Guns," if I'm understanding it right.

If you do that and have a nice sandwich with marbled rye to go, and I buy a box of ammo to go......I'll be there every morning I can :) but last time I looked.....Dinty's didn't even sell ammo

Short answer: just following orders. Longer answer: fleshing out the Reviews is going to be ultimately very helpful to NWFA. I'll let @Joe Link fill in the rest.

P.S. Dinty's does sell guns and they have an FFL (license # 12240). I've been there in person, many years back. Granted, that was over a decade ago.

Last Edited:
Sorry about the confusion guys, there's an announcement about it here.

As @CountryGent mentioned, we're building out our review system with the goal of having info, reviews, maps, etc. for every firearm-related resource in the three states (several thousand entries). Each time we add a new item it gets added to the 'new' list (because technically they are new items). It has nothing to do with whether one is a Supporting Member or not, the timing is just a coincidence.

I can definitely see how this would be annoying. I'll see if there's a way I can disable these from popping up on the new lists, at least until we get most of them added.

I still have reservations about that Kapo Kollaborator "LowPriceGuns" being a "Featured Vendor"...

My intention is to get a conversation started with the left, to call them on 'common sense' solutions they bring up other than outright bans. To learn about the entirely of what I'm suggestion, you would need to go to my facebook page for lowpriceguns, and read my 9 point suggestions. The most important thing to me concerning firearms, is to preserve my right to have ARs and hi cap mags.

Jason - Owner Lowpriceguns

Herbert Spenser quote:

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

You can put lipstick on a pig, you still only end up with a pig.
Sorry, but I don't want company's or corporations making laws that take away my rights, So you, Dicks,Walmart, Fred Myers and a few others are only going to start a conversation on how to infringe on my Rights even more.

My intention is to get a conversation started with the left, to call them on 'common sense' solutions they bring up other than outright bans. To learn about the entirely of what I'm suggestion, you would need to go to my facebook page for lowpriceguns, and read my 9 point suggestions. The most important thing to me concerning firearms, is to preserve my right to have ARs and hi cap mags.

Jason - Owner Lowpriceguns

Herbert Spenser quote:

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

A Couple of weeks ago I asked you to clarify some of your positions in another thread: WTS WA - Lowpriceguns Cost Plus $25 Sale yet, you've failed to respond.

You keep saying you want to "get a conversation started with the left" and keep telling everyone to read your "9 point suggestions" on facebook........ but it looks as if you're not man enough to have a "conversation" with those people you're trying to force your "suggestions" upon.

Let's try this again, shall we.................................

Your first point:

1. Handgun and Longgun purchases and transfers will have a minimum age of 21, with Active Military, Honorably Discharged, or sworn law enforcement having exemptions at age 18. Current laws applying to Handguns will remain in effect, which would be applying that a parent buying a long gun for their child to possess and use is allowed, with the parent assuming responsibility. (This is currently legal for handguns) To the far right on this issue, not open to moving long gun age to 21, like it currently is for handguns, I have a question... Would you like to lower the current handgun age to 18 from 21? Or would you like to do away with age restrictions altogether? Longgun bump to 21 is not a huge give or trade from the rest of what I"m suggesting below.

First off a comment: Yes, I would "like to lower the current handgun age to 18 from 21." If they're mature enough to vote for the leaders of their respective state and our nation, then they're mature enough to own a firearm. On the flip side, if they're not mature enough to own a firearm, I sure as hell don't want them voting, driving, etc.!

Question about #1: If you truly believe that there should be an exemption for those under 21 years of age to purchase a firearm to include "Active Military, Honorably Discharged, or sworn law enforcement", then why are you not doing so at your store now instead of "no longer selling to those under 21"?

View attachment 458900

2. FBI and State Background checks put into one system, which has to be created and maintained by a joint effort between the Federal Government, and all of the states, taking current systems and combining them, improving them, one that checks felonies, domestic violence, mental illness, and dishonorable military discharges all in one place with one check.

How would what you're proposing, have stopped the incident (Stoneman-Douglas shooting) that caused you to quit "selling to anyone under the age of 21"?

3. Create a National Database for stolen gun serial numbers to be entered by law enforcement, which FFL dealers can access via the web, to enter serials of guns they purchase from individuals, to check if they are stolen so they can report to the seller to law enforcement. (This doesn't exist, we need this now!)

This I will agree with, for a different reason. It should be done, so when a stolen firearm is recovered, it can be given back to it's proper owner and to add another charge for the criminal who possessed it. I personally don't believe that this will curb criminals from buying firearms on the black market, as I'm pretty sure that those who are stealing guns are not selling them through FFL's.

4. Require the new 'Universal Background FBI and State combined check system', the improved truly 'connected' system, be done at FFL dealer with form 4473 for all Private transfers between individuals, so criminals cannot buy a gun without a background check if someone privately sells their gun to another private person. I don't want criminals, people with felonies and domestic violence freely and easily buying firearms, do you?

An I-594 supporter........ I kind of figured.

Are you a supporter of I-594 for the same reason that the health insurance companies supported Obamacare, because you can make more profit when the law requires everyone to buy your product? If not, shouldn't your BGC fee be inline with what I pay at the WAC shows?

Also, it seems that you're advocating a National Firearms Registry. There are millions of firearms that have been sold numerous time without a BGC and are lost to the system, so please explain how a national BGC law without a registry will stop people from selling those privately.

5. To not store private citizens 'checked' information in Background check system, such as personal info, or makes models of guns purchased, so no 'National Registry' is built and maintained, to keep law abiding citizens info and ownership private from the government.

So, you don't want a registry, yet in point #4, you want everyone to fill out a Form 4473 for every firearms purchase and we all know that that form includes peoples personal information, the makes, models and serial numbers of guns. Please explain how filling out a Form 4473 and keeping this info is not a registry.

6. All Handguns and Long guns sold legally today, including ARs, and Hi-Capacity Magazines are prohibited from any bans by all states in the future.

OK, but I think it needs to be stronger and say "All firearms ever sold legally in this country and all standard Capacity Magazines are forever prohibited from any bans or restrictions by any individual state, the federal government and any agencies thereof.

7. No Gun Free Zones. Except inside locations serving alcohol.

I agree with "No Gun Free Zones", period, because with even one exception, that's where those intent on harm will attack (think Orlando).

8. Universal Concealed Carry for all states.

OK, but I think "Constitutional Carry" is the way to go. The Govt. needs to stay the hell out of it or they'll start pricing the everyday person out of it.

9. Attempted legal purchases or transfers that result in a 'Denial', will be followed up on by the FBI within 5 business days. If the attempt was done by a felon, prosecution charges will be brought against the individual. If the person is unable to buy the gun legally, and get's another person to legally purchase it for them, which is called a 'straw purchase', the straw purchaser will be subject to the same prosecution as the criminal they are buying the firearm for.

Um, how are you going to be able to prosecute "straw purchases" without knowing who has what guns, i.e. a registry as mentioned above?

The last of my questions:

Did you help the WA Alliance for gun Responsibility Confiscation draft I-1639 and are you going to be one of their token gun owners (as your even more special because you're a gun dealer for gun control) in their commercials for this "commons sense solution"?

There are quite a few similarities between what you and they are proposing:
  • You both think that there's a "gun problem in this country",
  • You both want to deny those under 21 the right of gun ownership,
  • You both want enhanced background checks,
  • You both want burden gun owners, instead of addressing the real issues and/or solutions (such as keeping those who are too dangerous to own a gun off the streets),
  • You both want to make gun owners pay a fee to exercise their 2A rights to buy a gun,
  • You both support a gun registry, but say that you don't.
https://sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/finaltext_1531.pdf

Lowpriceguns.com

By the way, the "contempt" I have is because I've done the "investigation" of what you're saying and I find your intellectual integrity to be in question.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top