JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is my first time sending a rifle scope with a life time warranty to Bushnell for repair.
The problem with the scope is the cross hairs move when you try to zoom in.
The scope is Banner 3x8 produced in the early 70s. I have owned this scope since new.
The first thing is download the forms from Bushnell and pack the scope up for shipping and a check for $10.00 dollars for return shipping.
Scope is in the mail from the day the scope arrived at Bushnell's door step was 3 weeks before they opened the box.
Another week passes.
A repair ticket is produced the repair service has determined that the barrel is warped which is causing the cross hairs to move. The barrel warping is not covered under the warranty. So I ask what does the life time warranty cover. Bushnell response not barrel wrapping. I could not believe it. So the tech on the phone tells me that they are offering a discounted scope as a replacement for $75.00 dollars
I look up the replacement scope offer only to discover it is there low end 22 LR scope so ask the tech this replacement is for 22 lr not high powered rifle well that is his offer take it or leave it.
I ask what happens to my scope the one with the wrapped barrel. Bushnell We destroy it. Really...
That's is odd because Bushnell has already cashed my $ 10.00 check before anything is decided.
What to do?
My knee jerk is say screw Bushnell and ask for my warped scope back remember they already cashed the check and look for another scope I will never buy another Bushnell product.
What would you do?
I have included picture of the scope as you can see there is very little surface damage. This scope sits in an locked safe most of the time

Here a link to the scope they are offering up
Model 713510: 17 Super Banner is designed specifically for .17 HMR and .22 rifles.
http://www.bushnell.com/all-products/rifle-scopes/banner/3-5-10x-36mm,-multi-x-reticle

scope.jpg

Last Edited:
I sent back a scope my son had broke by shooting it on his .50cal,Had a new scope in 10 days.
Funny thing is I got the same raw deal as you from Leupold, bent tube they told me if I bought a new tube for $170.00 they would put my old parts in it.

I had a Vortex scope that fell apart internally, so that the crosshairs rotated inside the scope. I bought the gun and scope used. I called Vortex and they sent me a new scope as soon as they received the old one, no charge. This was a roughly $300 scope. They also offered to upgrade me to a $600 scope for $150. After I received the new scope and used it at the range I decided to take them up on their upgrade offer, so I sent the second $300 scope back with a check for $150 and they sent me the $600 model. And then they apologized for all the hassle. I like Vortex!:winkkiss:

I had a Vortex scope that fell apart internally, so that the crosshairs rotated inside the scope. I bought the gun and scope used. I called Vortex and they sent me a new scope as soon as they received the old one, no charge. This was a roughly $300 scope. They also offered to upgrade me to a $600 scope for $150. After I received the new scope and used it at the range I decided to take them up on their upgrade offer, so I sent the second $300 scope back with a check for $150 and they sent me the $600 model. And then they apologized for all the hassle. I like Vortex!:winkkiss:

Vortex has excellent customer service and scopes.

Update
Called Bushnell support again
The letter I received stated that my scope in not covered under the warranty
The support person showed me on the web site that all Bushnell products made before 1983 are not covered anymore.
Bushnell - Warranty Information
So there you have it a limited life time warranty at best
check out the link most of their products do not have a life time warranty
What I find odd is this 2013
The warranty stops in 1983
What happens next year the life time warranty stops at 1984?

Bushnell - Warranty Information
So there you have it a limited life time warranty at best

That is all they claim. You got 40+ years!!, out of a bottom shelve scope, I'd consider that good service life and move up to a better brand with a warranty that satisfies you.
I personally think no less of Bushnell now as I did when this thread started and I don't have a single one in my collection FWIW.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top