JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
6-24 x 40 mm bushnell banner dusk & dawn, mil-dot sight scope for sale I bought it online, installed, and fired it once at the range ..I like the scope but i have a 20 moa mount and if u have a regular mount it would be perfect ... i bought it online for 180 ..selling for 160 in box. no scratches on dents ..email for photos.

I think you need to have that scope checked out. Its fairly unbelievable that a manufacture would produce a 6-24X scope with les than 40MOA total elevation adjustment. $180 should get you more than that !!!!!!!

yea i was pretty shocked myself, get everything together, get to the range and it shoots 8 inches high at 100 yards and is bottomed out...i might take it to keiths have them take a look

Well it kinda is what it is. I read some reviews and there were a few others that mentioned there wasnt a lot of adjustment. They mentioned (Bushnell) 36" of adjustment at 100 which is obviously less than 40 MOA total. Also I've noticed that total adjustment sometimes gets exagerated by a manufacture to so that kinda accounts for it being high at 100.

Why do you have a 20 moa mount if you're trying to shoot at 100 yds? That mount is designed to let you shoot at 500+ yds with a normal scope by compensating for the drop. If you aren't planning on shooting at those distances, that's the wrong mount, not a scope problem. Just get a standard mount and sell that one.

I wish I was but never have had the opportunity to shoot those distances, just know some fellows that do. It is only a guess, but I would look at a ballistics program and calculate where I would be at 100 to be on at say 500. Use that to get it in the neighborhood and then move out to the longer distances to fine tune. You could hit 300 on the way make sure you're still on track. A typical 168 gr BTHP 308 Win match load on Hornady's online calculator shows that to be on at 500 yds, you want to be about 12" high at 100 so your 8" is within that range. Tried to include the printout but that didn't work. Check it out yourself for fun. Good luck whatever route you go.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. What I tried to do was show where one would be at 100 yds if they wanted a 500 yd zero. In the example I gave, it would be about 12" high at 100 so you could get it set at 100, then check it at 300 on the way to 500. In reality, one would also want to start at 25 with a new scope to get it on the paper at 100.

yea an all new scope id like to be able to shoot at 100 yards as well ...a 20 moa mount is ment for long distances (and i do plan on attepmting to shoot 1000 yards) but with a quality scope it shouldnt restrict me from any distance id like to shoot at ...i just forgot the main rule pay about as much for the scope as I did for the gun

Hey, I just thought of something. I got a set of Burris Zee rings and you can get inserts that fit inside the rings that will give you up to 20 MOA up down or sideways. See you can also set em up for 10 MOA. if you put a 10 MOA slant on you scope taking 10 away from the rail you'd be able to center up at 100 and have a little more than 20 left to go up. That would work.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top