JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought this as my first AR-15. The price was right and didn't want to invest $1k+ in a rifle i wouldn't like. Now that I have it, I like it and want to put some upgrades into it (magpul stock, rail system, ect.). Since it is a carbon lower I'm guessing if i want to do anything with that i'd have to get a new lower for it. Will my existing upper fit on a new lower or would I have to pretty much get an upper as well? I'm new to the AR and may as well be an idiot when it comes to upgrading anything on it. How much of a pain is it to change out the stock and handguard? I'll most likely get a second AR in the future but i figure since i have this one now, why not trick it out a bit... Any help is appreciated.:s0155:

my buddy has a carbon 15. he likes it, but says the skinny barrel heats up real fast. a barrel upgrade might be something you wanna consider in the future. they're good looking recievers and super light, but when we tried to install a hogue handgaurd for it, we realized that the threads for the barrel nut is a different pitch on the carbon upper. call bushmaster and they'll give you the details.
stock and hand gaurd is super easy to take off. they have a tool to remove the handgaurd, but its not really needed. just stand the rifle on a table, barrel up and grab the delta ring on the lower half of the gaurd and pull down the delta ring with one hand while prying the lower half of the hg with your free hand. now do the same for the top half. easy peezy. youtube is very helpful also

As a really old guy with health issues I tend towards the lightest rifle I can find but once I add optics and other tacticool stuff the weight is as high as an issue rifle.

good deal. is the stock just as easy to remove? i know you probably have to get the special wrench or something....

Just about as easy. Your carbine has a 6 position stock thats adjustable by pressing a lever at the bottom of the stock. Take that lever and pull it out till the locking pin is cleared from the notches and you should be able to slide the stock off the buffer tube while holding the lever. AR15.com is a great resource

i just bought this yesterday, mine came with a thicker barrel. my question is, if i wanted to install an aluminum buffer tube, would it be the same process as a non polymer/carbon lower?