Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Bushmaster Carbon 15 Pistol, what do you think of them?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by theminutemenrideagain, Jan 28, 2013.

1. theminutemenrideagain

theminutemenrideagain Tigard Member

Im have the chance to pick one up at a good price and was trying to see what people think of them

2. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Beaverton, OR Active Member

Probably a good gun, Bushmaster makes nice stuff, although I don't like looks of AR pistols. And I'd go with an aluminum lower myself, but I bet the carbon composite is plenty strong.

3. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Used to be manufactured by Para Ord (been a while, maybe diff name) but they had issues then Bushy bought them.

4. theminutemenrideagain

So are the lowers the same as any AR? because I know that the bolt system is different, lets say that somebody wanted to put a stock on it and maybe a quad rail will they have a problem doing that? I havnt ever built an AR so I really dont know much about the damn things, I know it comes with 1000 rounds so thats a really big selling point to me

5. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

never was Para ordinance, Originally was made by: Professional Ordiance..bought by bushy... now gone too

6. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

That's right, I knew it was something like that. :thumbup:

7. robbijer

robbijer Salem Oregon Member

I had one for a while. It functioned good but was loud and had a lot of muzzle blast with the short barrel. They are fun but I prefer something with a stock. It was pretty accurate, but somewhat difficult to shoot without a stock. I used a cheap red dot on mine.

As far as the lower being standard I do not remember. I know the upper did not have a forward assist.

Good luck if you go for it.

8. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

I have a carbon rifle and I think it is a really fun gun. It is so light. However how the rail attaches on the top is a very weak point. It is held on by one screw I ended up using epoxy to make sure mine will never move.

With a scope on the rail you can wobble it side to side.

9. theminutemenrideagain

Does the gun have to have the top rail on it like that or can you remove it? did the carbon fiber ever seem to have a problem with heat?

10. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

The carbon fiber holds up fine. The top piece has a bar the rail slide over.

11. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

You can remove it but then you couldn't mount any sights

12. theminutemenrideagain

alright guys thanks for the help

13. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

It has never had a heat problem. The rail can be slid off. It is held on by one screw.

14. DirectDrive

DirectDrive Vancouver, WA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Me no likey....

1zpt8c5.jpg

15. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

what the :devil: happened there? Did you drop it from a helicopter or throw it from a moving vehicle?