JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got this at Sportsmans Warehouse Black Friday Sale for $550. It has a carbon fiber frame. Reviews are mixed but so are most AR-15's. Anyone have experience with these? If so, good or bad?

photo (1).jpg

photo (1).jpg

I have the metal ORC version. The poly version is ok from what I understand but doesn't inter-change parts at all. Your upper and lower are mated for life lol.

Let us know. My wife has a new custom built 16 inch (I assembled it) but I want her to have a lighter gun so she has options. That was a great price

Never been a fan of synthetic AR uppers/lowers because there's just too much cross section that would require the walls be thicker for strength.... Which defeats the purpose of using the lighter materials in the first place. Then there's the heat issue and possibly melting/getting brittle.

Be carful with it, especially at the rear where the buffer tube screws into the lower.

Thanks for all the info and advice. I can't wait to go out and shoot it to see how it performs. My plan for this rifle is mostly plinking. I was considering using it for 3 gun matches but will have to see how it performs. I have other rifles for the serious work.

I just got this at Sportsmans Warehouse Black Friday Sale for $550. It has a carbon fiber frame. Reviews are mixed but so are most AR-15's. Anyone have experience with these? If so, good or bad?

View attachment 74091

I just bought one of these C-15s. My grandson who is in the Army told me that the military uses these Carbon Fiber uppers. The weather has been bad around here but as soon as it warms up I will be shooting it.

I just bought one of these C-15s. My grandson who is in the Army told me that the military uses these Carbon Fiber uppers. The weather has been bad around here but as soon as it warms up I will be shooting it.

I think your grandson is probably mistaken, or something was lost in communication. Carbon fiber receivers are definitely not soldier-proof.

the only thing that bothers me about it as interchangeability and field repair using your fox hole buddies parts is one of the best things about an AR15

Exactly. Modular design makes field repairs and upgrades easy.

My fair weather *** went to the indoor range and shot it today. It shot flawlessly with no malfunctions whatsoever. I observed little difference between this model and a metal one. My friend also shot it and came to the same conclusions. More tests will be conducted in the near future.

As far as I've seen them, they have been pretty infallible. Good AR, definitely at the price point.

Someone already mentioned that the upper and lower are mated for life. No swapping calibers down the road. But that might not be a big issue.

As far as the receivers cracking, I've only seen one first hand. Buddy of mine was out hog hunting with me in South Texas, and the hog got the jump on him. He dropped the rifle, and took to a tree to get away from the hog. The hog took exception and stomped on his rifle a few times and cracked the lower around the safety. Gun still works though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top