Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bushmaster ACR Basic Black 5.56/.223 Rifle

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Comunistul, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Comunistul

Comunistul SE Portland Member

2. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

That is on my WTB list...:D

It looks like the MOE grip is built into it. I also really like the multi cal BCG.

3. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

This is a very nice rifle......but if it came in 5.45x39 it would be on my GTH (gotS to have) rifles list lol:D

4. dobanion

dobanion North Portland, Oregon Member

$2399? Those butt heads. For the longest time they were claiming it'd be half that. At $1200 I was a customer, at $2399, I'm laughing at them. I'd get a FS2000 first.

5. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I'm perfectly happy with my M4 or my STG-556. I really don't see what it brings to the fight so to speak. :(

6. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

7. gnarkill

gnarkill Richland, WA Member

Looks just like my sig 556 with some magpul stuff on it....I paid 1300 for it...

8. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

9. 9mmD

9mmD sw wa Member

:bluelaugh:

10. KRISSTDI

KRISSTDI Oregon Member

That is a $1399 gun any way you dice it. I cant believe people would spend that kind of money for that gun. Oh well. Not a fan.

11. dobanion

dobanion North Portland, Oregon Member

Well.....it should in the future have pretty cool modularity, so they say. Quick change barrel and bolt and change calibers in seconds. Whisperings of barrels in 6.8 SPC, 6.5 grendel, and 300 whisper. That'd be cool.

I'd still rather have a FS2000 first.

12. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Maybe at that price if it included the barrels and bolts and lower parts needed to convert to the following calibers:

7.62x39
    5.45x39
    6.5 Grendel
    .22 LR

I could justify the price then. I used to be wanting this rifle, can't even stomach the thought anymore.

SF-

13. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I would personally buy the S&W AR style rifle that shoots 5.45x39.......... with a piston conversion and i'll be set........ and a few spam cans of Russian surplus ammo lol:gun13:

14. Ethereal

Ethereal Kent, WA Member

15. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

Looks cheap like most of the MagPul stuff. I think I'll save up for a LMT .308 piston gun; the Brits got it right. Anyway, If I was interested in one of these ACR type rifles, I really would rather have FN SCAR than one of those new plastic MagPul/Shrubmaster rifles for about the same money.

16. Selftest

Selftest Bellingham, WA Member

Qualify that argument.

Magpul has a large, well deserved following. They have PERFECTED the AR magazine, and there are probably millions out there right now, functioning flawlessly. The grips, stocks, AFG, rail panels, MOE line, are all EXCEPTIONAL products for an exceptional value. There back-up irons are awesome and inexpensive. The company is ran and managed by some of the nicest, most intelligent folks on this good planet. "Cheap" is not in the lexicon of Magpul.

The ACR, as originally designed by Magpul, was a genius idea that Bushmaster screwed up by making it WAY too expensive. If that gun was at the pricepoint Bushmaster was touting a year ago, it would be sold out and backordered. Instead, they screwed the consumer, again, and it has failed.

Call me a Kool-Aid drinker, or whatever, but Magpul products are NOT "cheap."

17. unionguy

unionguy Portland Active Member

Yeah, too much for my blood. I'd go for an FN SCAR or a souped up FAL first.

18. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

Your welcome to like their stuff, however I feel that MagPul's plastic parts feel & look "cheap". I would never mount one of their plastic handguard/rail sets on my LMT & I'm not a big fan of plastic BUIS sights. As far as the ACR goes, it simply looks like a cheaply made plastic rifle, not of HK or FN quality.

19. crosse

crosse Bellevue Active Member

@ 2400 I would really put more effort into buying a quality ar15 like Noveske and buying a good acog and tell myself and everyone else "gas piston blah blah blah"

20. Murphy

Murphy Oregon Member

Their magazines are getting better. When they released them they let the consumer perform all the beta testing. While it is true they would replace the problematic magazines for a newer revision it is hardly what I would classify as ideal.

Currently there are problems with their magazines. There has been more than one instance where individuals have run into problems with them. And as always Magpul has offered to replace them. Its nice to see that they do in fact have a very good rep for customer service.