JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
so are you guys thinking of burying on public land?

The only place I would think of burying a cache would be at my 10 acre rural property 20 or so miles north of town. That is my bug out spot where we have a creek, well, septic and travel trailer and I'm building a 24x36 pole barn right now.

I'm thinking of public land several miles away. The trouble with your own property is that if the "GUN NAZIS" suspect you have guns, they will go over ALL of your property with a fine tooth comb! And, I can't even imagine what kind of sophisticated equipment they may possess! I'd rather have my cache further away and scattered.
And as was previously mentioned, using a GPS might be a good thing to coordinate exactly where your "toys" are. Of course, during a SHTF scenario, satellites may be non-functional rendering GPS units unserviceable..

Things may change once we live out there in the boonies. Right now we live in the city limits and have no residence at the rural property.

Better slather what ever you're gonna bury with cosmoline or what ever rust preventatives you prefer, a gun will rust in a above ground safe, without a dehumidifier........;)

If they ban guns and start grabbing them up there is no sense in buring them you have the choice of using them right then or never.Get a phone tree established with like minded people and have them add their people and those add their people until you have a nation wide network. Immediate resistance would work any delay will only give them a big edge.

I've heard it said before, when you think it's time to bury your guns, it's really time to dig them up.

On a more serious note, that's why I don't buy any guns with paper trails anymore. If push came to shove I have some that could be "sacrificed" if the gun grabbers ever came around in order to satisfy them and have others that would have been lost in a tragic boating accident. ;)

+1 on that. Just posting on this forum has already given big brother a heads up as to what you plan to do. The second ammendment is on the chopping block right after the first is gone....DAMN now I'm on the watchlist at the whitey house.

The thing that I fail to understand when I read a thread discussing this topic, is how many members choose to share so much detailed information on what they are planning in a public forum. Just in this thread, we can read about the types of burial containers, the techniques that may be employed to throw off metal detectors, the depth that they will be buried, some of the potential burial locations and the types of weapons that may be found. All this outlined for us in with an apparent impression of anonymity by the author.
It makes me wonder if some of the posters here actually believe that the day of weapons bans could be coming, or how aggressive a politically driven confiscation effort could get. Or could it be that some of us are that unaware of what the term "public forum" means and think that they cannot be identified from their posts?
In other words, lets say that the dark clouds that we now see actually do develop into some sort of confiscation. After the inital dust settles with voluntary turn-ins and the ATF dealer registered items, a time may come when idle bureaucrats come up with the idea of fishing through firearms related forums for new potential targets.
Does anyone here think that forums like we have here aren't being copied into a government database file somewhere for future use ? :s0131:

( sorry if it seems like I am trying to throw cold water on a good thread here, but I am just trying to point out that some things are better discussed in person with those that you know and can trust.)

The thing that I fail to understand when I read a thread discussing this topic, is how many members choose to share so much detailed information on what they are planning in a public forum. Just in this thread, we can read about the types of burial containers, the techniques that may be employed to throw off metal detectors, the depth that they will be buried, some of the potential burial locations and the types of weapons that may be found. All this outlined for us in with an apparent impression of anonymity of the author.
It makes me wonder if some of the posters here actually believe that the day of weapons bans could be coming, or how aggressive a politically driven confiscation effort could get. Or could it be that some of us are that unaware of what the term "public forum" means and think that they cannot be identified from their posts?
In other words, lets say that the dark clouds that we now see actually do develop into some sort of confiscation. After the inital dust settles with voluntary turn-ins and the ATF dealer registered items, a time may come when idle bureaucrats come up with the idea of fishing through firearms related forums for new potential targets.
Does anyone here think that forums like we have here aren't being copied into a government database file somewhere for future use ? :s0131:

( sorry if it seems like I am trying to throw cold water on a good thread here, but I am just trying to point out that some things are better discussed in person with those that you know and can trust.)

Great point as I read through the this thread I was was thinking the same thing.

Why does everyone always look to the ground? Look up and think about your possibilities.

Eureka ! All we need is Balloon Boy !

Quote: =whphel
Great point as I read through the this thread I was was thinking the same thing.
Seriously though, if the Government is going to turn us all into felons, maybe we should start reacting that way now, before our own present actions, betray ourselves in the future. Consider any information that you or anyone else has written in this thread as compromised. The "G" has decades of experience in locating contraband items and in tracking said items from one person or location to another. (INTERNET use, informants, credit card use and phone records are only the obvious examples)

One last thought, avoiding "due process" was the whole idea behind the "Patriot Act". We have already seen attempts at labeling certain dissenting Americans or groups as "potential extremists" by the current "hopey-changey" administration.

+1 on that. Just posting on this forum has already given big brother a heads up as to what you plan to do. The second ammendment is on the chopping block right after the first is gone....DAMN now I'm on the watchlist at the whitey house.

I'll put on my tinfoil hat now and say anyone who thinks the gubment doesn't know who has the guns in seriously deluded, it's a matter of finding them. That said, if due process goes out the window, we might as well, as individuals, take whatever action we deem necessary to protect our rights.

Nuff said.

Remember this: ALL AMERICAN LAW is based on the CONSTITUTION! It is the foundation for the entire American legal system! Thus, the only "OUTLAWS" are those who choose not to follow the Constitutional guidelines, whether they be Government or civilian.
And, remember this: We the PEOPLE are the MASTERS and the government is the servant! And, we have the ULTIMATE RIGHT to decide what is legal or illegal. The Constitution does NOT give this power to the Supreme Court because THEY, too, are government! Remember the oath that our "servants" swear to says "...to protect the CONSTITUTION from ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC..."!
So, if the public (the masters) chooses to obey the Constitution and the government chooses to trash the Constitution, then our "servants" are the LAW-BREAKERS, NOT US!!

Remember this: ALL AMERICAN LAW is based on the CONSTITUTION! It is the foundation for the entire American legal system! Thus, the only "OUTLAWS" are those who choose not to follow the Constitutional guidelines, whether they be Government or civilian.
And, remember this: We the PEOPLE are the MASTERS and the government is the servant! And, we have the ULTIMATE RIGHT to decide what is legal or illegal. The Constitution does NOT give this power to the Supreme Court because THEY, too, are government! Remember the oath that our "servants" swear to says "...to protect the CONSTITUTION from ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC..."!
So, if the public (the masters) chooses to obey the Constitution and the government chooses to trash the Constitution, then our "servants" are the LAW-BREAKERS, NOT US!!

Well said and true. Emen Brother!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads