JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At this point in time, a good academic subject on something that maybe good to know later but not a necessity, IMHO. Also concealing it in the house is probably better for the firearm. After you have forgotten about it, moved on and then the house gets torn down or remodeled, the new owners/worker finds this gift from the past. It has happened.

Recent surveys, there are more pro-gun people today that before. The last 3 years, we have seen laws become more pro-gun. That does not mean we should relax our guard from the anti-gun nuts. It is a good sign, that confiscation is pretty far off.

in a few minutes time the patriot act can erase 236 years of americas freedoms,all they need is a false flag attack?civil unrest?and there is no second ammendment anymore.....i wish gun confiscation was far off but but it could be tomorrow.

Nice thread. The cost of PVC being what it is, you might look at "Cheaper than Dirt" for a ready made tube
I like the AK;) my brother had an SKS in the ground for ten years and it was fine.

Nice thread. The cost of PVC being what it is, you might look at "Cheaper than Dirt" for a ready made tube
I like the AK;) my brother had an SKS in the ground for ten years and it was fine.

i have been considering burrying a rifle and hand gun should our 2nd ammendment rights be stripped away quickly like so many other countries lately.
just wondering if anyone could offer some good ideas to protect them from the weather
as well as some ammo....
the hand gun would probably be my glock since it has mostly plastic parts and magazines....the rifle probably the ar15 since it too has so much plastic
i would like to use a pvc tube with caps cemented on and some silica bags inside to
absorb moisture,oil the metal parts up real good and "seal a meal" all of them in seperate bags air tight....any other advice???

This is what I did...

Cleaned and oiled gun
Placed in Vacuum Sealed bag with silica packs
Placed it in a 6" diameter sewer pipe and buried it with ammo in same condition

Large scale extra-legal confiscation of guns by the government is NOT going to happen. Take off the tinfoil hat.

Gun control is less popular then it's been in DECADES. As for Katrina, it's a problem easily solved.

Police: We're here for your guns.
ME: What guns?

in a few minutes time the patriot act can erase 236 years of americas freedoms,all they need is a false flag attack?civil unrest?and there is no second ammendment anymore.....i wish gun confiscation was far off but but it could be tomorrow.

No, it won't be tommorrow. Let's be reasonable and play the what if game. What if the 2A was suspended overnight for whatever reason. You giving up any guns? Do you really think that if there is a good reason to suspend the 2A? Do you think that if things go south of cheese that the LEO's are going to be able to do the whole door-to-door gun collection thing?

Large scale extra-legal confiscation of guns by the government is NOT going to happen. Take off the tinfoil hat.

Gun control is less popular then it's been in DECADES. As for Katrina, it's a problem easily solved.

Police: We're here for your guns.
ME: What guns?

Amen on the tin foil hat comment. This whole gun control stuff is a sky is falling diversion from what the real pressing matters of the day are: JOBS and the ECONOMY.

When you start thinking about burring guns you should be digging them up. 230ish years ago our nation's founding fathers did not bury their muskets and long rifles. Just saying...
Stay informed and engaged, vote, write letters, call and march if need be.

But if i wanted to cache a rifle i go the PVC route.

When you start thinking about burring guns you should be digging them up. 230ish years ago our nation's founding fathers did not bury their muskets and long rifles. Just saying...

Yeah, well back then nobody called the cops when you left your house with your gun in your hands, either. Just saying...completely different mindset from the people back then to now. Anyone flying this flag then, would be seen as a brave patriot standing against tyranny...today it's seen as domestic terrorism.

gadsden-flag-dont-tread-on.gif

I would consider two tubes. #1 to contain the rifle, and #2 big enough to contain #1. That way, when you fetch your rifle you can just pull #1 out of #2 without having to dig it out. Of course you can also just pull out the rifle and ammo and other accessories from the tube by themselves, but this is neater, and provides a second layer of protection from the elements in case the outer one leaks.

Of course, it also means you have to dig a bigger hole to start with. My concern is how deep does it have to be to escape detection from a metal detector ?

Depends on the metal detector my dad had a heathkit he always said was perfect for finding a mason jar of coins buried 4 ft under the surface. While the Whites we had were good to about 6" on a single coin. A lot depends on the size of the metal detectors loop/antenna.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top