JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i have been considering burrying a rifle and hand gun should our 2nd ammendment rights be stripped away quickly like so many other countries lately.
just wondering if anyone could offer some good ideas to protect them from the weather
as well as some ammo....
the hand gun would probably be my glock since it has mostly plastic parts and magazines....the rifle probably the ar15 since it too has so much plastic
i would like to use a pvc tube with caps cemented on and some silica bags inside to
absorb moisture,oil the metal parts up real good and "seal a meal" all of them in seperate bags air tight....any other advice???

Haven't you seen all the internet hype, all you need to do to prep a Glock for burial is cover it with dirt? I'd pass on the AR idea, everyone (specially anyone that looks at the interwebs) know that an AR is useless as soon as it sees a speck of dirt. Go for an AK instead, everyone knows the recommended lube for those IS DIRT.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist the set-up.

On a serious note, an AR would be completely operational without it's "plastic parts", like most any other firearm. I wouldn't let the "plastic parts" count sway my decision on what I'd bury. I't's the metal parts you need to worry about.

Haven't you seen all the internet hype, all you need to do to prep a Glock for burial is cover it with dirt? I'd pass on the AR idea, everyone (specially anyone that looks at the interwebs) know that an AR is useless as soon as it sees a speck of dirt. Go for an AK instead, everyone knows the recommended lube for those IS DIR

your retar.ded :)

Last Edited:
For an AR: (1) 8" Schedule 40 Slip Cap, 36" of 8" Schedule 40 PVC, and (1) of these in 8":

Cherne Original Gripper

Cut to size, clean/glue slip cap on one end, disassemble AR and put in rust protector bag, seal-a-meal some ammo and mags, put in tube and install and tighten plug. Bury vertically with plug down. Remember where you bury it... ;)

Well, I lost all of my guns in a tragic boating accident, but if I had one to bury, I'd use the PVC pipe idea. I wouldn't use separate sealed bags though because I'd want to use silica gel packets and oxygen absorbers to affect everything. I also wouldn't bag my ammo because I could get so much more in by just pouring it in loose around everything. Oxygen absorbers because steel won't rust in an absence of oxygen.

I think I would use one of those vacuum seal devices that uses a special bag and sucks the air out and seals the bag. I would vacuum seal my gun(s) and ammo. I would use something like BALLISTOL on my guns, no lube on ammo because I think lubricants may mess up your primers.... anyways.... so I would use some silicon packets and oxygen packets as well. After sealing the firearm and ammo I would probably use shrink wrap and some duct tape to wrap everything up even more, and place everything inside a PVC pipe and seal the tube with the end caps and use that special blue/purple whatever sealant/glue. I think a Glock and an AK would be great choice but I would assume as long as you seal good and lube well, pretty much any firearms should be fine.

At this point in time, a good academic subject on something that maybe good to know later but not a necessity, IMHO. Also concealing it in the house is probably better for the firearm. After you have forgotten about it, moved on and then the house gets torn down or remodeled, the new owners/worker finds this gift from the past. It has happened.

Recent surveys, there are more pro-gun people today that before. The last 3 years, we have seen laws become more pro-gun. That does not mean we should relax our guard from the anti-gun nuts. It is a good sign, that confiscation is pretty far off.

I would consider two tubes. #1 to contain the rifle, and #2 big enough to contain #1. That way, when you fetch your rifle you can just pull #1 out of #2 without having to dig it out. Of course you can also just pull out the rifle and ammo and other accessories from the tube by themselves, but this is neater, and provides a second layer of protection from the elements in case the outer one leaks.

Of course, it also means you have to dig a bigger hole to start with. My concern is how deep does it have to be to escape detection from a metal detector ?

Haven't you seen all the internet hype, all you need to do to prep a Glock for burial is cover it with dirt? I'd pass on the AR idea, everyone (specially anyone that looks at the interwebs) know that an AR is useless as soon as it sees a speck of dirt. Go for an AK instead, everyone knows the recommended lube for those IS DIRT.

On a serious note, an AR would be completely operational without it's "plastic parts", like most any other firearm. I wouldn't let the "plastic parts" count sway my decision on what I'd bury. I't's the metal parts you need to worry about.

It looks like we got off on the wrong foot. My bad, I guess I didn't leave enough CLUES that I was going for humor.

your retar.ded :)
still you troll

Not "trolling", just trying to use a little levity, you handled it like a champ!:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top