JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a Fastfire II in February from an online dealer NIB and it had a bad solder point in the battery compartment that failed immediately.

Per Burris' repair procedure I sent it in as an out of box failure on my dime and included delivery confirmation sig (UPS) so I'd have proof of delivery (which I did receive back). That was in February.

Still never got it back. Emailed them three times about it since then, including today, and no response. Not happy. Included the warranty form, SN, and delivery confirmation so they know I'm not a scammer.

I was going to get a couple of Fastfire IIIs (like that you can pull the battery w/o removing/re-zeroing vs the II model) but now, no thanks. I'll go Trijicon RMR or something else because Trijicon seems to care about standing behind their product and doing warranty work.

Just venting a bit, but in a nutshell, Burris sucks at support and they lost a loyal customer.

Hi Burt Gummer,
Did you call them? Send them a letter with return receipt (USPO) cost about $2.00. List all the infor. on the weapon and that you would like an up date as to the repair. Send them a way to contact you Address phone number etc. if no answer you will get an Attorney to sue them for the weapon plus all fee's. If you do not get a answer in a week get an Attorney get busy take them to court. Sound like the a case of the guy who sent the gun shop money and did not get the weapon or money back till he came to this site and made it public.
Hope this helps,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

I can't go through all that for a $230 red dot sight (not a weapon). If they don't give a crap, I'll just move on. Already have return-receipt/acknowledgement that they received it, etc. If it was a $2000 weapon/part I'd take it to the next level, not for that amount of $$ it just is not worth it. I will stomp my feet and pout, bad mouth them any time their name comes up - that sort of thing.

So you emailed them, and did they ever reply to your email?

I have had a few of mine repaired and all it took was a simple 1 minute phone call. Most of the time I had my scope back to me within 4 weeks.

I wouldnt trust an email system, pick up the phone..

I had a bad experience with their CS 15 years ago. I HATE email, so my dealings were over the phone. I switched to Lupey, and have had FANTASTIC service dealing with them.
Sorry about your troubles:(

OK I'll give them a phone call. Most of the time with stuff like this I keep everything in writing, but at this point why not ...

I accidently threw away a few boxes that had all the info and target turrets, sun shades etc...I gave them a call to order new turrets, and sunshades. I went to give them my CC info and they said NO. Thanks for being a Burris customer. 4 days later 3 new sets of turrets, and 3 sunshades came USPS. No charge.

So you emailed them, and did they ever reply to your email?

I have had a few of mine repaired and all it took was a simple 1 minute phone call. Most of the time I had my scope back to me within 4 weeks.

I wouldnt trust an email system, pick up the phone..
This was my experience as well.
I sent them an old fullfield that I damaged when two rifles tipped over, and bent the power ring on the Burris scope. It was locked up.
I called them and they said send it in. I did.
Two weeks later I called again to ask about progress, how much do I owe, etc.
They said "No Charge," and asked if there was anything I'd like changed about the scope?
I said "finer cross-hairs would be nice."

I got it back about a week later with the power ring fixed, new coating on the lenses, fine cross-hairs and a new scope cover.
They even paid the return shipping.

No charge. The next scope I bought was another Burris.

My experience with e-mail to manufacturers for Customer Service has been mixed. Some e-mail goes to a giant mailbox that gets cleared whenever someone doesn't have anything else to do. Some companies respond in minutes with an acknowledgement of the message and follow up within 24 hours.

In all cases where I haven't received a response in a day or so I use the telephone. Have never failed to get some satisfaction as a result of a phone call.

E-Mail can be a great tool but it can also create laziness---on both ends. The recipient doesn't have to answer the phone so they just pile up. The sender then says "I did my part. Since I didn't get an answer they're just a bunch of jerks".

Just follow up with the "old school" phone call. Works great.

Well I called. Auto attendant with screaming ads for about 20 minutes and a voice kept coming on encouraging me to email instead.

Talked to a lady there and gave her all my info including UPS confirmation that I had sent in the FF2. She said she'd get me a replacement out in the next few days because they can't find anything from me. Luckily, I had the UPS record.

Didn't sound apologetic or too concerned and slammed the phone down after I read off my address to her. I was very polite and undemanding.

So, we'll see.

If it were me, I would find out the name of their CEO or President and an e-mail address (probably won't be his actual e-mail, but will get to his admin.) and forward him a link to this thread.

Let him or her see what the consequences of their poor customer service is. I had been considering buying a Burris scope from Midway, but now I think I'll pass.

all companies at some point and time seem to rub someone te wrong way, everybody has bad days from time to time. I ave had nothing but good experiences with Burris for years. i would rate them right up there with Leupold.

Well Burris came through. They sent me a new one in the box with picatinny rail adaptor and accessories like cover, adjustment MOA screwdriver. Mainly because they apparently lost the one I sent them.

Since I already replaced the one I was waiting on I'll probably just sell this one cheap, $180 shipped; will list in classifieds when I have the chance. Part # 300232

BTW, I don't have a problem with the product itself; I have four of them; the one I sent in for repair just had an Out of Box battery link failure.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews