JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I recently bought 30mm Burris P.E.P.R. off of craigslist and was a good deal. I have a 1" Burris scope that was mounted on my 20" Bull Barrel AR and need some reducer rings to mount in the Burris. What my problem is that the Burris mount rings are about 1" wide and the widest reducer rings I can find are the EGW delrin ones that are 7/8" wide. Are there any other options that will fit better that are available ? Will I run into any problems if I run the EGW ones which are not as wide as the ring's ? Thanks I have done some searching and could not find anything on this, and yes I understand the optimal thing to do would be get the 1" P.E.P.R. so please no need reply with that answer. I went out and bought some GG&G reducer rings but they are only 5/8's inches wide and definitely not going to work since I cannot evenly tighten the cap down..

Thanks for your help.....

Ya like I mentioned in my original post I bought some of the GG&G ones already and they do not allow the ring cap to be tightened down equally so I need something closer to 1" in width and the only other ones I can find are the EGW which are 7/8" wide but I have to order them so want to make sure that I will not have any issues before I order them..

Yeah, the width should not be an issue. I pulled a scope on an old sporterized mauser, and it had little metal shims under the rings and the base. Couldn't see them, they were much narrower than the rings.

Yup...And that's why I removed those shims. But the only solution for accuracy is having everything the right size. The reducers that are narrower than the rings will do what you are asking though.

Ya shims are much different then ring reducers, thanks anyways.. Anyone else have any experience the P.E.P.R. and ring reducers??

But they cause the same problem... Introduce another part that can move with recoil... No issue with .22lr. Higher calibers may be different...

For plinking that's good enough... But i would try and get the right size rings...

I know you do not want to hear that, but that's the best solution...

That's what the trade section is for

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads