JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought my identical scope to the one you mention whilst home in Canada back in 2005, and within a few weeks of starting to use it had developed hundred of dark grey blemishes all over the finish. They did NOT come out, no matter what I used to try and them off. You can see a few of the marks here - they are NOT scratches...

SAM_1525 - Copy.JPG

As I was back in yUK, I wrote Burris and sent them a few pics and the response was deafening silence.

Sure, the glass is decent, but the exterior is c**ppy and spoils the look of my $2500 Ruger Super Redhawk.

I never bought anything Burris again, and will not.

I've had a couple of that model. Good scope for a great price you got.
The challenge I was unable to overcome, was my own wobble being magnified in freestanding use. Bench rest was grand, but frustration was high without brace of some kind. Since mine was EER, it served well on a forward scout rifle mount. Enjoy.

I bought my identical scope to the one you mention whilst home in Canada back in 2005, and within a few weeks of starting to use it had developed hundred of dark grey blemishes all over the finish. They did NOT come out, no matter what I used to try and them off. You can see a few of the marks here - they are NOT scratches...

View attachment 653528

As I was back in yUK, I wrote Burris and sent them a few pics and the response was deafening silence.

Sure, the glass is decent, but the exterior is c**ppy and spoils the look of my $2500 Ruger Super Redhawk.

I never bought anything Burris again, and will not.
$2500 Ruger Super Redhawk? Brand new they are about $900. Did you have a lot of work done on it? And if so, what? (I have a SRHK, and am contemplating having action worked on.)

$2500 Ruger Super Redhawk? Brand new they are about $900. Did you have a lot of work done on it? And if so, what? (I have a SRHK, and am contemplating having action worked on.)

I may have mentioned, from time to time, that I lived do most of my shooting in the yUK. I may have noted that the gun laws are somewhat different here, since we have around 13,000 of 'em, and you guys, as far as I can see, have around ten. Add to that that the Ruger Super Redhawk with its original 18" barrel was imported into the UK at a number more than twenty, but less than thirty, in 2002, with a price, then, of around $1800.

Since then, their value has increased somewhat, and I'm continually being offered the equivalent of $2500 or so for mine.

Prices for US-made stuff here in yUK tends to vary somewhat, but it's based on $1 = £1, plus the mandatory 20% GST, although mostly it's x1.5 or x2 - sometimes totally off the scale, as I found last evening when trying to buy a tin of Imperial sizing wax. Prices vary from the equivalent of $12 right up to $55, plus $8 shipping - for a 2oz tin.

Be grateful, wherever it is that you live, that it's in the USA.

As an example of the price difference, when i was in my nearest GS yesterday, asking if they had the mythical Imperial sizing wax [never heard of it], I also notied that they had two brand-new Ruger Old Army revolvers for sale -

One, brush-finished with target sights is £650, the other, highly-polished and with fixed sights, is £800.

In real money, that's $850 and $1046.

Last Edited:
Do you have to have a welded on rod to make the percussion revolvers unconcealable?

Nossir, they are exempt from that stupidity. Paper cartridges, like I make are exempted, as they are by definition not made of metal. The ban only applies to mainland UK - Northern Ireland shooters can have the same pistols as you can, and does. Back at the time of the handgun ban in 1997 their legislative assembly told the Westminster gubmint to go *s* up a rope, as there were NO legally-held handguns involved in all the years of the recent set of Troubles. Here we CAN own a cartridge firing handgun, but the laws are so arcane and preposterous that I refuse to have to deal with them. I recently posted details of Section 7 law and handguns in yUK, but it's heartrending stuff, and mostly indecipherable except to a civil servant.

The thing that I have, and everybody else's, is neither one thing nor another, as it conforms to the laws for a short rifle with a fixed stock - you have something like it in the USA There is no such thing in legal terms as a long-barrelled pistol, since pistols per se are prohibited, and you can't own something that is prohibited.

We CAN have ANY calibre revolver or single-shot 'thing', but only semi-auto .22 calibre pistols. They, too, have to be 24" long with a barrel at least 12" long - luckily they often have a frawk silencer/suppressor.moderator to make them look less ridiculous. A whole genre of shooting sports has grown up around these injunctions, although we have just lost the lever-release rifles and carbines...:(

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top