JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not blaming the male victim here and I have never been in his shoes, but, "ordered the woman's boyfriend to let them into the home" is a decision that I would have real trouble letting happen.

Not blaming the male victim here and I have never been in his shoes, but, "ordered the woman's boyfriend to let them into the home" is a decision that I would have real trouble letting happen.

Many out here would react instinctively and immediately. I don't care if I was unarmed, this is part of why I do JKD

Yeah, I hear that.

On the flip side, it's easy for us to commentate from the safety of our keyboards. Maybe the guy thought (in a micro-second) that it was the best option. That they would just come in, grab some stuff and leave. I think for the most part people think in terms of passivity when confronted like this. You know, "Sure thing, man! Take my wallet & watch. Honey, give him your jewelry..." You're not thinking you're going to get shot/killed -- because if you were, then you'd go into fight mode as a last resort...

Yeah, I hear that.

On the flip side, it's easy for us to commentate from the safety of our keyboards. Maybe the guy thought (in a micro-second) that it was the best option. That they would just come in, grab some stuff and leave. I think for the most part people think in terms of passivity when confronted like this. You know, "Sure thing, man! Take my wallet & watch. Honey, give him your jewelry..." You're not thinking you're going to get shot/killed -- because if you were, then you'd go into fight mode as a last resort...

Some can do no other than act instinctively. You touch me or mine with hostile intent and I open up

Some can do no other than act instinctively. You touch me or mine with hostile intent and I open up

Precisely. Yet an instinctive reaction could just as easily be the wrong thing to do as trying to let cooler heads prevail. That's the very point I was trying to make.

Each person has whatever reaction they have -- and all the armchair quarterbacks in the world, with their 20/20 hindsight, can express what "should" have been done. But at the end of the day this guy and his family are alive -- emotionally & spiritually injured, but still alive. Perhaps resisting would have resulted in all 3 of them dead. Then we'd all be having a different discussion about the incident and what the guy "should" have done...

Precisely. Yet an instinctive reaction could just as easily be the wrong thing to do as trying to let cooler heads prevail. That's the very point I was trying to make.

Each person has whatever reaction they have -- and all the armchair quarterbacks in the world, with their 20/20 hindsight, can express what "should" have been done. But at the end of the day this guy and his family are alive -- emotionally & spiritually injured, but still alive. Perhaps resisting would have resulted in all 3 of them dead. Then we'd all be having a different discussion about the incident and what the guy "should" have done...

Those of us who have been there and sucessfully defended our families would disagree with that. No one is going to strike me or rape my wife while I draw breath and am not paralyzed

Is there any mention of weapons charges yet? I personally would like to see some legislation passed that mandates prosecution of any weapons violations. Plea bargaining or reducing charges would not be allowed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top