JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is why we keep our pistols on us and our rifles next to us in the living room. Bad day for anyone coming in unwelcomed while we're there. Sad story above though. Not to rub salt in their wounds but they should have been more prepared for that. Even if the husband was knocked out she should have had her pistol near or on her.

I don't usually go with blaming the victim, but I have to agree wih Blitzkrieg. These poor pilgrims probably had a severe case of normalcy bias and thought the minions of Leviathan could save them when the Orcs attacked. I have my EDC piece on me when I'm home and awake. When I'm home and asleep my HD piece is snoozing next to the bed. We also have defence pieces available in unseen nooks and I open the door with the EDC boomstick in my hand behind my leg (after checking out the porch from the side view window). I would bet these folks will consider a more "paranoid" mindset in the future, although it ain't paranoia when they really are out to get you.
Addendum - my wife would have no problem with putting obstreporous Orcs on the trailer.

revjen, I can speak with some authority since the same would have happened to my gal and I several times but for the ever presense of weapons and our willingness to use them. If someone won't even fight back when they have the clear ability to do so, my sympathy wanes

revjen, I can speak with some authority since the same would have happened to my gal and I several times but for the ever presense of weapons and our willingness to use them. If someone won't even fight back when they have the clear ability to do so, my sympathy wanes

Sounds like the guy was ambushed, but still... you'd think he'd have some situational awareness and I know these 2 bad guys were following him, just to force him to let them in to the house.

My wife and I have talked about this scenario, including using a coded word if there's danger... with 2 young children in the house, we've already agreed that no matter WHAT happens to me on the outside, she's to grab one of the guns, get the kids to safety, and call 9-1-1. If they beat the crap out of me, kill me, fine... but I won't go down quietly.

Opening the door to save my life temporarily to only jeopardize the whole family makes no sense, anyways..

Sounds like the guy was ambushed, but still... you'd think he'd have some situational awareness and I know these 2 bad guys were following him, just to force him to let them in to the house.

My wife and I have talked about this scenario, including using a coded word if there's danger... with 2 young children in the house, we've already agreed that no matter WHAT happens to me on the outside, she's to grab one of the guns, get the kids to safety, and call 9-1-1. If they beat the crap out of me, kill me, fine... but I won't go down quietly.

Opening the door to save my life temporarily to only jeopardize the whole family makes no sense, anyways..

I've been ambushed by mass attack and still put a pistol in the belly of the closest attacker and somehow they decided pickings were better elsewhere. If I failed my gal still had her handgun, and after 1985 a large, trained male Rottweiler bodyguard at all times

Some people are born prey

So when women are raped, it's their own fault since they shouldve been ready for the attack in the first place? Unbelievable...

If over 21 and unarmed and did not fight back in the PNW, and they did nothing to stop it. Do you believe everyone should have a 24/7 terminator bodyguard? Maybe obongo can supply them..

My gal would have at that age (21) shot them with a S & W Bodyguard .38 with the most advanced hollowpoints. At age 22 with a M65 .357 Magnum 3 inch heavy barrel

It's amazing to me that anyone is so foolish as not to be armed with what we face

Funny how so many ppl would say what they would do and it was the victims fault. If you get rushed have a gun to your head. You don't know what your going to do if it's never happened to you. Doesn't matter if you have a gun or not.

Funny how so many ppl would say what they would do and it was the victims fault. If you get rushed have a gun to your head. You don't know what your going to do if it's never happened to you. Doesn't matter if you have a gun or not.

Been there, done that. Still here.. have you been? If not, shut up

Too much blame the victim on here.

However, nobody will ever do this to me. No matter how bad they may hurt me or even kill me, I will never let them closer to hurting my family.

This is essentially a form of kidnapping, of the most basic kind. They didn't hold them for long or take them far- but they moved the guy from the point of contact to someplace safer (inside, out of sight). That's a basic point with abductions. An abductor/captor will almost always try to move you to some place safer for them. DON'T let them do it. Your chances of surviving the "second place" go WAY down. They have either prepared that second place, or made some kind of plan which allows them time using that second place. Resist immediately with all force and violence available to you, it is the single most likely way to cause the attacker to break off contact and foil their intent.

Anybody who has pulled a weapon on you out of nowhere has already indicated an intent to harm and/or kill you. Don't make it easier for them. You have NOTHING to lose by resisting, as your best evaluation of their intent should be that they ARE going to kill you. Especially in a situation like this. This was not a burglary gone bad. These guys had intent to do harm from the get-go.

Also, by allowing them to get him closer to his loved ones, he gave them more control over the situation with the leverage that fear for his family naturally would. Attempting to appease them (the "give them whatever they want so they won't hurt us" attitude) that he probably learned from TV and too many liberal messages about how all violence is bad and if you just try to understand what people want you can just "get along" contributed to the harm they were able to do his family.

Although I hesitate to say it, this family was "lucky" in they were were "only" hurt and not killed. They have a lot of hard work ahead of them to put their lives back together after this. I hope the best for them and for their relationship with each other, including the child. There's a lot of room for irrational blame in this case. This is a very probable scenario for PTSD; feelings of helplessness in the face of violence and the idea/knowledge that they should have done something different will contribute to such.

What a horrible story. And I don't see any blame for the victims.

It's all nice for us to be armchair quarterbacks and extolling what bad asses we would have been in that scenario, but having two dudes ambush you with drawn guns from behind isn't a very easy situation to overcome -- for even the most combat hardened warrior. Assuming he was just a regular Joe, it's almost unimaginable what was going through his mind -- but I can all but guarantee it wasn't rational thought about how to fight off two psychos with guns to his back/head/wherever.

Anyway, I hope they find the perpetrators and get them off the street. Sad to hear about...

What a horrible story. And I don't see any blame for the victims.

It's all nice for us to be armchair quarterbacks and extolling what bad asses we would have been in that scenario, but having two dudes ambush you with drawn guns from behind isn't a very easy situation to overcome -- for even the most combat hardened warrior. Assuming he was just a regular Joe, it's almost unimaginable what was going through his mind -- but I can all but guarantee it wasn't rational thought about how to fight off two psychos with guns to his back/head/wherever.

Anyway, I hope they find the perpetrators and get them off the street. Sad to hear about...

Nothing Blitzkrieg or his "gal" couldn't have handled apparently.

I'm guessing there are no late-night snacks that aren't pre-approved at the Blitzkreig's residence. "Mom, dad...Put the guns down and go back to sleep. It's just us...We just wanted some pizza rolls."

Nothing Blitzkrieg or his "gal" couldn't have handled apparently.

I'm guessing there are no late-night snacks that aren't pre-approved at the Blitzkreig's residence. "Mom, dad...Put the guns down and go back to sleep. It's just us...We just wanted some pizza rolls."

It's just me, my gal and our rotties.. have dealt with several housebreakers over the years and was well ready for each of them, also several mass rape packs on the street. I doubt you've even pulled a gun in your life, and maybe never even been in a fight

I'm 52 and mom and dad are long dead. I moved out on my own at age 16

It's just me, my gal and our rotties.. have dealt with several housebreakers over the years and was well ready for each of them, also several mass rape packs on the street. I doubt you've even pulled a gun in your life, and maybe never even been in a fight

I'm 52 and mom and dad are long dead. I moved out on my own at age 16

where do you live that you've had to deal with several housebreakers and "several mass rape packs" roaming the streets ? And what, exactly is that ?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top