JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why the Ferk would you steal a Rav4?

I can't fathom why you would want to go to jail foe stealing a POS. Especially as a carjacking.
At least go for a nice car you could joy ride a bit before going to jail.

Why the Ferk would you steal a Rav4?

I can't fathom why you would want to go to jail foe stealing a POS. Especially as a carjacking.
At least go for a nice car you could joy ride a bit before going to jail.
Well, it is a toyota.;)

Possible baby momma needed wheels to get the kids to soccer.

We moved out of that area 27 seconds after I retired.
Seattle and the surrounding communities have turned into a 3rd world country.
Every time I see something like this I pat myself on the back and give my wife a hug.
Now, instead of being surrounded by potheads, druggies, thieves and other random
assorted criminals we have cows, horses, pasture land to the horizon and fresh air.
Not one cow has tried to steal anything from us and for some reason horses
haven't figured out how to fire a gun.

The only error I see in this entire story (beyond the obvious criminal activity) is that the owner of the car missed with his shots.

Training folks. Get more.

Training is always good.

But considering the circumstances, it's definitely a high risk stressfire situation when you have to draw your firearm when the other guy already has his pointed at you. In self-defense, your goal is to stop an assailant from further lethal aggression ... period;

That happened here. No error, IMO. Especially if the perps were withdrawing away. If he had hit one or more, no foul either, but his goal was achieved.

Training is always good.

But considering the circumstances, it's definitely a high risk stressfire situation when you have to draw your firearm when the other guy already has his pointed at you. In self-defense, your goal is to stop an assailant from further lethal aggression ... period;

That happened here. No error, IMO. Especially if the perps were withdrawing away. If he had hit one or more, no foul either, but his goal was achieved.

My comment is somewhat satirical in nature. Acknowledging the positive outcome of the homeowner escaping physically unharmed from the incident, however, also acknowledging that the outcome could have also been, "better" had the aggressors been removed of their ability to harm others.

The only error I see in this entire story (beyond the obvious criminal activity) is that the owner of the car missed with his shots.

Training folks. Get more.
Another reason why a limit of 5 in the magazine is ridiculous. You can train, but unless you include some form of adrenaline or heavy physical exercise before shooting, your first 5 shots may be off. Ooofff.

We moved out of that area 27 seconds after I retired.
Seattle and the surrounding communities have turned into a 3rd world country.
Every time I see something like this I pat myself on the back and give my wife a hug.
Now, instead of being surrounded by potheads, druggies, thieves and other random
assorted criminals we have cows, horses, pasture land to the horizon and fresh air.
Not one cow has tried to steal anything from us and for some reason horses
haven't figured out how to fire a gun.
Yah, but the coyote gangs are tough.

My comment ... "better" had the aggressors been removed of their ability to harm others.
Understood the implication - I'd caution anyone about expressing such sentiments in public forums. Defending yourself or known innocents in immediate jeopardy is great.

Defending the general public is a job for LEO.

In a fast moving defense situation, it's quite possible to shift from the defender to the aggressor with a simple action - with inherent civil or criminal liability associated.

Better to make certain there is no question.
Don't become the pursuer; I certainly suggest anyone not advocate that on forums.
Just my cautionary view.

Understood the implication - I'd caution anyone about expressing such sentiments in public forums. Defending yourself or known innocents in immediate jeopardy is great.

Defending the general public is a job for LEO.

In a fast moving defense situation, it's quite possible to shift from the defender to the aggressor with a simple action - with inherent civil or criminal liability associated.

Better to make certain there is no question.
Don't become the pursuer; I certainly suggest anyone not advocate that on forums.
Just my cautionary view.

Totally understand.

From what I understood about the incident I did not understand the circumstances of the exchange of gunfire (and I still am not aware).

Chasing a car down the street shooting as they're escaping will get someone in trouble in a hurry, but if the owner was in his car and approached to be carjacked, the circumstances would be different as he would be well within his right to defend himself in that instance.

Regardless, positive the homeowner was uninjured.

...and one more with a pic from the store's video camera. A pistol to the clerk's head.

Teens in Burien arrested after armed robberies and carjacking

robbery-kiro-7-620.jpg

"The suspects put a gun in his face and demanded the keys to his Toyota RAV4. He retreated and pulled out his own gun and fired at the suspects. The suspects shot back as he hid behind another car in his driveway.
Investigators say no one was hit by gunfire."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I prefer to think that the victim took cover rather then hid.

Anything you see in a "news"paper may or may not have any relationship to what actually happened. Some Proggie hack just inserts some paragraphs of boilerplate taken from the "Trace" and the public believes it because they don't know enough to recognize when they are being lied to.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top