JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't typically complain about this sort of thing, but an explanation of why my comments were deleted out of this thread would be nice - <broken link removed>

As far as I can tell my comments didn't violate the TOS, just inquired to a further explanation of the events as they are extremely hard to believe.

although I had no involvement in getting it shut down, I was glad to see a moderator did it.. the thread was getting out of hand, and I also had several posts deleted, but in an afterthought, I am glad my posts were deleted. I am glad you started a thread DieselScout, cause I wanted to tell the moderator,, THANK YOU, for shutting it down. we need to protect 808 from any unintended consequences from that thread.

Except the thread is still up, as is his OP where he laid bare his account of the facts. Deleting some posts at the tail end (which were virtually without any detail of his situation) would have no bearing on a scumbag attorney.

Except the thread is still up, as is his OP where he laid bare his account of the facts. Deleting some posts at the tail end (which were virtually without any detail of his situation) would have no bearing on a scumbag attorney.

Not sure why then. I was just speculating. I was under the impression that the whole thread was gone. :s0092:

I noticed it was gone this morning, too. I can understand the OP original thoughts when posting, but it's probably the best that there is no real trace of him talking about it at this time. Later when the "dust settles" it would be nice to hear the outcome, but because it involves a juvenile we'll probably never get to know.
Still, great job on stopping the would be thief.

For those in doubt of the veracity of the story, given the caution the OP decided was warranted (and justly so), I guess you will just have to wait until the court case is finished and a result is able to be posted - if it ever is.

Personally, I would not be posting details for obvious reasons, and I would certainly not be providing identifiable details like which court case it was. For one thing, the court case would probably provide details like names and addresses, which I would not want public since it would put a target on my back for other people wanting to steal things, or who may hold a grudge.

I understand the cynical; you hear a lot of BS online, but unless it is overboard I tend to take it at face value as long as it does no harm to do so.

And yes, I think it was wise of the mods to delete the thread - although it may have been the OP who requested that this be done to protect himself.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top