Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Burglary Thread

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by DieselScout, Dec 28, 2013.

1. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

I don't typically complain about this sort of thing, but an explanation of why my comments were deleted out of this thread would be nice - http://www.northwestfirearms.com/showthread.php?t=157911

As far as I can tell my comments didn't violate the TOS, just inquired to a further explanation of the events as they are extremely hard to believe.

2. parallax

parallax eugene, or-gun Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

although I had no involvement in getting it shut down, I was glad to see a moderator did it.. the thread was getting out of hand, and I also had several posts deleted, but in an afterthought, I am glad my posts were deleted. I am glad you started a thread DieselScout, cause I wanted to tell the moderator,, THANK YOU, for shutting it down. we need to protect 808 from any unintended consequences from that thread.

3. DieselScout

Protect him from what?

4. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

Scumbag attorneys. etc.

5. DieselScout

Lmao unbelievable

6. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

Except the thread is still up, as is his OP where he laid bare his account of the facts. Deleting some posts at the tail end (which were virtually without any detail of his situation) would have no bearing on a scumbag attorney.

7. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

Not sure why then. I was just speculating. I was under the impression that the whole thread was gone. :dunno:

Blaylocke and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

Well it was deleted about a minute ago, lol. I can live with that. I found it weird though at how selective it appeared at first. Maybe jumped the gun.

9. DieselScout

It looks like its all gone.

10. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

some of the comments could be used against him in a court of LAW,,, yes it was a good thing thanks mod's :D

PBinWA and (deleted member) like this.
  11. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

unless you get a summons and/ or VISITOR here will not see anything ,,, nothing to see here move along move along

12. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

I guess we will just have to settle for TheHossUSMC story about a home invasion robbery at his construction site in Eugene

[video=youtube;wY2KXzGGDSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY2KXzGGDSI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUO0QNOP7ST0m817eDJ8lECQ[/video]

13. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I noticed it was gone this morning, too. I can understand the OP original thoughts when posting, but it's probably the best that there is no real trace of him talking about it at this time. Later when the "dust settles" it would be nice to hear the outcome, but because it involves a juvenile we'll probably never get to know.
    Still, great job on stopping the would be thief.

Dunerunner and (deleted member) like this.
  14. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

For those in doubt of the veracity of the story, given the caution the OP decided was warranted (and justly so), I guess you will just have to wait until the court case is finished and a result is able to be posted - if it ever is.

Personally, I would not be posting details for obvious reasons, and I would certainly not be providing identifiable details like which court case it was. For one thing, the court case would probably provide details like names and addresses, which I would not want public since it would put a target on my back for other people wanting to steal things, or who may hold a grudge.

I understand the cynical; you hear a lot of BS online, but unless it is overboard I tend to take it at face value as long as it does no harm to do so.

And yes, I think it was wise of the mods to delete the thread - although it may have been the OP who requested that this be done to protect himself.

15. DieselScout

That post was the definition of overboard and I frankly took it as BS.

BVB and (deleted member) like this.