JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Video: Burglar Trying To Break Into A Car Parked On The Driveway, The Homeowner Comes Out And Serves Him Instant Justice
– People Call For The Homeowner To Be Arrested

This appears to be near Las Vegas. I am not finding another source.

"A homeowner shot at a would-be burglar in a Summerlin neighborhood near Hualapai and Town Center"

"He says the suspect stole his wallet and his phone from his car where he also had his gun."

"he says the man was coming towards him with his hand in his pocket, so he reached for his gun and fired two rounds."

Firstly, I don't know what the law is in NV for defense of property, so I won't say anything about that.

Secondly, what kind of idiot leaves his wallet and firearm stored in his vehicle OUTSIDE in the phuq'n driveway!? :eek:o_O

Thirdly, the homeowner might have something on that last one. The law can be fickle about an attacker actually having to produce a weapon for a defender to be able to legitimately claim self-defense. Disparity of force concerns may relegate the actual production of a weapon to a moot point.
Size really does matter... ;)

Last Edited:
Sigh, While I have ZERO problem with the scum being shot the shooter is almost certainly facing a VERY uphill battle here. He took the first shot at the scum while scum was still in his car. Probably put a hole in the care next to him. Where did the other round go that he fired? Only thing he did right was at least he did not dump a mag at his neighbors. Sadly you just can not run outside and shoot scum for breaking into your car. Next WTF would you leave your wallet and a gun in the damn car? Of course the big problem here is since the scum are being emboldened because one party protects them, many people are going to start doing stuff like this. Get tired of being a victim while they work to support scum. Some are going to lose it and just start shooting the scum. :(

This is why I have really good insurance.
Yep we do too and it just went up a couple hundred bucks due in part to stuff like this. MANY who vote for the scum to be allowed to roam free will see their insurance start to climb, and of course will then scream for the Gov. to "do something" about it. They will of course see no correlation between the massive pay outs and the price increases that they voted for. :s0092:
Once again people get what they ask for them cry and want someone to "fix it" for them since they make poor choices.

Firstly, I don't know what the law is in NV for defense of property, so I won't say anything about that.

Secondly, what kind of idiot leaves his wallet and firearm stored in his vehicle OUTSIDE in the phuq'n driveway!? :eek:o_O

Thirdly, the homeowner might have something on that last one. The law can be fickle about an attacker actually having to produce a weapon for a defender to be able to legitimately claim self-defense. Disparity of force concerns may relegate the actual production of a weapon to a moot point.
A GUN OWNER, that is who leaves a firearm in the car unfortunately.
Call it what it is.

This is why I have really good insurance.
To what kind of insurance are your referring? Do you have concealed carry insurance??? Since your location indicates Seattle, I really wanna know what you have. My CCW insurance through USCCA was cancelled as a result of me being a WA state resident (see my autosig).

bait

I'm confused. The article says this...

The homeowner told 8 News off-camera that he and his wife had just finished unloading groceries from their car when a man got in through the garage door, which was open.

He says the suspect stole his wallet and his phone from his car where he also had his gun. The homeowner's wife was inside when he says the man was coming towards him with his hand in his pocket, so he reached for his gun and fired two rounds.
Except the video shows something completely different. The car was in the driveway, not the garage, and the thief was sitting in the car and NOT moving toward anyone...or threatening anyone.

If that's the correct video, the homeowner will be lucky if he stays out of jail.

I'm confused. The article says this...

Except the video shows something completely different. The car was in the driveway, not the garage, and the thief was sitting in the car and NOT moving toward anyone...or threatening anyone.

If that's the correct video, the homeowner will be lucky if he stays out of jail.
I noticed that, too. It seemed like there were two different videos of two different incidents. And the article was not very well written, either.

There shouldn't be a problem with leaving a firearm in your vehicle as the law allows. I might have two in my car right now. This seems to be the flavor of late where we are directing are negatives waves towards the victim instead of the offender.

Leaving an inoperable junk firearm in the car might be a good idea for a few reasons. One it may give you more standing in self defense shooting. Reporting a stolen firearm is more likely to get the cops to take a report on a vehicle break in. And three it will give the crook more chances to get caught.

What happened to the love for truck guns? I thought those were suppose to be semi permanent residents behind your F250 Camper Special's bench seat?

Leaving items in your vehicle with the idea that it might win you favor in court....Nope , not for me.
I'd rather not leave items in my vehicle , so as to help not have this issue in the first place.

In any event...
While I can't say if this is a "good shoot" or not...
I can say that if you don't want to get shot or run the risk of harm...then don't go stealing from others.
Andy

There shouldn't be a problem with leaving a firearm in your vehicle as the law allows. I might have two in my car right now. This seems to be the flavor of late where we are directing are negatives waves towards the victim instead of the offender.
While there shouldn't be an issue with that, there actually is. Criminals break into cars and steal sh*t. That's what criminals do.
There is at least one firearm in one of my vehicles right now, as I type this. However, that vehicle is in my locked garage at my home.
One of my other vehicles is parked out on the street, since I don't have a 3-car garage in which to store all three of my vehicles.
But the vehicle on the street does not have a firearm in it, nor much of anything else of value that can be casually observed by a passerby.

That's the difference and the point I was trying to make. If one is going to leave valuables, and especially firearms, in a vehicle on the street, or even in one's own driveway, then don't be surprised if a criminal breaks into that car to steal them. And I will agree with you that in a civilized society, that shouldn't happen, but it does, because our society is no longer civilized. It's full of scumbags, tweakers, low-lifes, and other vermin that prowl neighborhood streets for victims and other easy pickings. It's the world in which we all live now. Criminals gonna criminal...

While there shouldn't be an issue with that, there actually is. Criminals break into cars and steal sh*t. That's what criminals do.
There is at least one firearm in one of my vehicles right now, as I type this. However, that vehicle is in my locked garage at my home.
One of my other vehicles is parked out on the street, since I don't have a 3-car garage in which to store all three of my vehicles.
But the vehicle on the street does not have a firearm in it, nor much of anything else of value that can be casually observed by a passerby.

That's the difference and the point I was trying to make. If one is going to leave valuables, and especially firearms, in a vehicle on the street, or even in one's own driveway, then don't be surprised if a criminal breaks into that car to steal them. And I will agree with you that in a civilized society, that shouldn't happen, but it does, because our society is no longer civilized. It's full of scumbags, tweakers, low-lifes, and other vermin that prowl neighborhood streets for victims and other easy pickings. It's the world in which we all live now. Criminals gonna criminal...
And the worst part is many jurisdictions now will try to come after the victim here. Scum steals the gun and gun ends up at a crime? Many will then try to come after the victim who had it stolen. The "excuse" that they did not "secure" it well enough to keep the scum from getting it. Since of course the scum have to be blameless. :mad:
I do still almost always keep one in my main vehicle. Vehicle is locked and alarmed. Nothing is kept in plain sight. Firearm would be very hard for some "smash'n'gab" scum to find. Its a shame that this is the way it is now but, this is what the voters have said they want for many years now. So we have to choose what level of risk those of use to pay to make the system work want to take. I don't like it but, I have to live with it since the majority want it this way. :s0092:

If nothing else it shows how easy it is to miss at extremely close range. Check the white car for bullet holes. Homeowner is probably lucky that he missed the scumbag. The thief appears to be white, so probably no riots if he had been shot, but legal malice by the DA would bankrupt him at the very least if he managed to avoid prison.
Before the boating accident none of my guns lived in a vehicle, and neither would anything else of equivalent value.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top