JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If nothing else it shows how easy it is to miss at extremely close range. Check the white car for bullet holes. Homeowner is probably lucky that he missed the scumbag. The thief appears to be white, so probably no riots if he had been shot, but legal malice by the DA would bankrupt him at the very least if he managed to avoid prison.
Before the boating accident none of my guns lived in a vehicle, and neither would anything else of equivalent value.
YEP! Since so many shooting end up on video now I have watched many where one or more "open up" at some target only to miss with many if not all shots. Every time I see one first thing I think is where the hell are all those rounds going? Often its just dumb luck there is no human collateral damage.

Didn't click but a car is kinda like a horse..
Seems to me, you might actually be onto something here, a crime against your means of transportation to and from work would affect your livelyhood, therefore, that could be used as a defence for action against a criminal! I'm not saying to kill the bastards but, a defence could be more justified if auto crimes were elevated to a higher severity/penalty status!

Seems to me, you might actually be onto something here, a crime against your means of transportation to and from work would affect your livelyhood, therefore, that could be used as a defence for action against a criminal! I'm not saying to kill the bastards but, a defence could be more justified if auto crimes were elevated to a higher severity/penalty status!
Decades back there was a case here. Guy sees his car leaving with scum. Jumps in Wife's car to give chase. Scum tries to run him off the road, he shoots scum dead. Scum in late teens, guy is of course charged. Wife and I were saying what a shame he was being charged. Our teen son still home seems incensed. Said "its just a car". I told him you have no clue what "life" is really like yet. Everything you own and eat is given to you. This guy and his Wife worked to support their kids. The loss of that car could ruin their lives. Kid still did not understand till years later. He is holding down two jobs to have a place of his own and nice car to impress the girls. Some scum breaks out the back window of his car and he gives chase. Saying after the scum was lucky he was faster than my son. I reminded him of the incident a few years earlier. Said now you kind of understand why I felt the way I did about the guy who shot the scum who tried to run him off the road in his stolen vehicle. :mad:

Decades back there was a case here. Guy sees his car leaving with scum. Jumps in Wife's car to give chase. Scum tries to run him off the road, he shoots scum dead. Scum in late teens, guy is of course charged. Wife and I were saying what a shame he was being charged. Our teen son still home seems incensed. Said "its just a car". I told him you have no clue what "life" is really like yet. Everything you own and eat is given to you. This guy and his Wife worked to support their kids. The loss of that car could ruin their lives. Kid still did not understand till years later. He is holding down two jobs to have a place of his own and nice car to impress the girls. Some scum breaks out the back window of his car and he gives chase. Saying after the scum was lucky he was faster than my son. I reminded him of the incident a few years earlier. Said now you kind of understand why I felt the way I did about the guy who shot the scum who tried to run him off the road in his stolen vehicle. :mad:
One of the reasons my folks had me paying rent & high school tuition (what I could) once I had my first job. They didn't need the money, but I needed the life lessons...

One of the reasons my folks had me paying rent & high school tuition (what I could) once I had my first job. They didn't need the money, but I needed the life lessons...
YEP! I have been to school a couple times since adulthood. Paying my own way I was an A student. Last time I won student of the year one year. When accepting the award in my 50's I said. If any of my high school teachers are still alive and hear this they will not believe it. Amazing how thing change when you are paying out of pocket to do this :D

Items for which it should be legal to shoot thieves:
Guns
Tools
Cars
Motorcycles (a Harley or Indian rates a couple more after they're down :mad:)

Disclaimer: I know that the idea is totally impractical, but it sure is warm and cuddly to contemplate.

Items for which it should be legal to shoot thieves:
Guns
Tools
Cars
Motorcycles (a Harley or Indian rates a couple more after they're down :mad:)

Disclaimer: I know that the idea is totally impractical, but it sure is warm and cuddly to contemplate.
While many of us "joke" about this, shooting stealing scum, it is going to start to happen more if something is not done to curb this crap. Most who support the scum being allowed to do this are never "victims". At least in their mind. Stores looted? They think a magic pot of money called insurance just pays for it so no harm no foul. When it starts to hit them directly, all of a sudden its different. They may not notice the cost of things at the stores going up to cover it but they sure as hell see it when their insurance goes up to cover their loss or they lose things not insured. People are often willing to shoot at another vehicle on the road over some perceived slight. Soon the scum who feel they can just do anything get caught by someone who has had it and shoots one they find under their vehicle. Sadly then the owner who shot the scum is of course in major trouble but, a lot of them voted for this mess. :mad:

What insurance do you have? Washington state laws prevent most companies for having self-defense insurance here. I've heard of at least one company that writes policies for WA state, but forget the name.
I've just been informed by another member of this board that it's US Law Shield. I have not yet checked them out. I used to have USCCA (see my autosig).

What insurance do you have? Washington state laws prevent most companies for having self-defense insurance here. I've heard of at least one company that writes policies for WA state, but forget the name.
You misunderstood my post. I have really good home&auto&boat insurance, meaning Cracky The Clown can go hog-wild on my truck and I don't need to become a vigilante stuck in Lawsuit City. I just file a police report and call USAA and they handle i

You misunderstood my post. I have really good home&auto&boat insurance, meaning Cracky The Clown can go hog-wild on my truck and I don't need to become a vigilante stuck in Lawsuit City. I just file a police report and call USAA and they handle i

Goooottchaaa! Yeah I'm in that boat as well. People really dont understand how prevalent civil suits are. They're always kept hushed and not something really publicized, but they can be totally agonizing and devastating.

"Soon the scum who feel they can just do anything get caught by someone who has had it and shoots one they find under their vehicle."
Wouldn't it make more sense to jump in, start the motor, and back up over the scum?
Ooops!! Sorry! I didn't see him. :eek:

So... If I catch a guy under my truck trying to relieve me of my catalytic converter - and he attempts to swing his sawzall at my legs.... Well then...

:rolleyes:

And then they drop you and it happens again and because of your lowered credit score you can't now afford insurance and wthout a truck you can't get to work to pay the mortgage you find yourself lifting catalytic converters to get by and get shot.
Pretty simple really.

And then they drop you and it happens again and because of your lowered credit score you can't now afford insurance and wthout a truck you can't get to work to pay the mortgage you find yourself lifting catalytic converters to get by and get shot.
Pretty simple really.
A LOT of the people who have been all ho hum, about theft are going to be in for a real slap in the face when they have to file a claim or two. An amazing number of people think "insurance" is a giant pot of free money that just magically pays for everything. Many are shocked when they have to file a large claim or two, only to find the Co suddenly just greatly increases their policy or just drops them. All of a sudden they start screaming for law makers to "do something". Scream loud enough and long enough and the law makers will. Of course they will NOT like what the law makers do to fix it either. A LOT like people who vote for every new thing to come along that is paid for by property tax. I see them say to me they rent so they do not care. Until the rent shoots up, then they scream. Often has me shaking my head saying we deserve everything coming to us. 🤬🤬

U.S. Lawshield is the only carrier that is allowed in Washington State. Thanks to out stellar Govenor and Attorney General.
It is worse than that. The problem with Kreidler's position is that it is apparently based on a misreading of a Washington Supreme Court opinion that does not say what his office claims it says. So far I have not been able to find others to join me to take him to court to challenge his actions. In an email to me, David Forte (Senior Policy Analyst, Property & Casualty CPCU, AIC, Washington state Office of the Insurance Commissioner), citing Grange Ins. Co. v. Brosseau, 113 Wn. 2d 91, 98, 776 P.2d 123 (1989), said "Washington law prohibits insurance coverage for intentional injuries caused by an insured." He cites no statue that states that Washington law prohibits insurance coverage for intentional injuries caused by an insured and the cited case also makes no such assertion or statement. I responded that the case he cited made no such statement or assertion. Despite the fact that I asked for a response, in never received one.
What the Washington Supreme Court correctly said is that they would not rewrite an insurance policy that expressly precluded such coverage to include such coverage as the courts in other states had done. Of course, self defense coverage has no such exclusions, because every self defense shooting is an intentional act.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top