JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is all about what a reasonable person in a given situation would do.

If you are 220 lbs of muscle and are attacked hand-to-hand by a 90 lb girl and you shoot her, you are screwed.

Well along these general lines, (when in the Army) I personally saw a 145-lbs, 5' 2" Puerto Rican named Ricky Davilla get beatch slapped in the back of the head (for no reason except that he was "there") by a 200-lbs.+, 6' 3"+ "brutha" trying to impress some ladies... When it was over the "brutha" was missing teeth, nose and mouth was spewing blood, had one ear hanging by a flap of skin, several severe bite marks on his arms, face, and neck, and I believe a broken collar bone. I asked Ricky, "did that hurt?".... LMAO!

The point is... size matters not, and be polite to EVERYONE.

You can bet that a prosecutor will use your size, weight, fighting training, etc. against you when it comes to your "reasonable-ness" when it comes to self defense justifications.

In a situation where there is a question as to reasonableness, an old feeble person is more likely to be able to claim reasonable self defense vs. an NFL linebacker.

I have to agree with Stomper. Back in my army days I was only about 165lbs, and at 6'2" that is pretty thin. Yet if it came to going up against someone who is 300lbs, that guy would have been out and in need of serious medical care before he even knew what hit him.
I also got my butt slammed to the floor by a smaller guy because I have seriously underestimated him.
Lesson learned from that one - never take someone lightly, just because of size difference.
Someone who is 300lbs does not have any more resistance to pain than someone who is 150lbs.

Entirely so about the size of the fight in the person. Hell there are a lot of girls out there that could whoop my ***. I have seen some of those Muay Thai girls and they flat scare me.

Well along these general lines, (when in the Army) I personally saw a 145-lbs, 5' 2" Puerto Rican named Ricky Davilla get beatch slapped in the back of the head (for no reason except that he was "there") by a 200-lbs.+, 6' 3"+ "brutha" trying to impress some ladies... When it was over the "brutha" was missing teeth, nose and mouth was spewing blood, had one ear hanging by a flap of skin, several severe bite marks on his arms, face, and neck, and I believe a broken collar bone. I asked Ricky, "did that hurt?".... LMAO!

The point is... size matters not, and be polite to EVERYONE.

Bite marks. HAHAHA. Bite marks.

Bite marks. HAHAHA. Bite marks.

Yeah, I know...that big boy with biceps tried to put a slippery/scrappy Puerto Rican in a headlock & found out teeth can hurt, then let loose into a bear hug, Ricky smashed the back of his head into his nose then he spun around and bit into his neck and face a couple times, ripped his left ear loose, then proceeded to punch his teeth out... we boogied the H out of dodge post haste... friken CRAZY days back then.

That was in Georgetown (stationed out of Ft. Meade/NSA) after we got back from Central/South America
and still half psychotic and salty.

As far as bites, there is a philipino art called kino muay thai that is the precise science of biting. Yes, there is a science to effective biting. It's a last ditch weapon

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top