JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We had quite a scare this afternoon.

Around noon, two helicopters were sighted making short touch-downs within the security perimeter. An alert message was disseminated through the command structure and teams around the Northwest were scrambled.

On-site security teams secured the site and determined that civilian aircraft were making practice landings in a clearing.

The all-clear was sounded around 2PM.

He's simply telling you read up on what a claim is, how to get one, and what it allows you to and your rights. It's pretty easy for you to sit in your recliner and just say, show me. You don't know what your talking about so your kind of looking like a fool.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O:(:(:confused::confused:

THET Mon!

I, along with most others, I would imagine, have no intention of spending time "read up on what a claim is, how to get one, and what it allows you to and your rights"..................

"Allows you to"....................uh.............."allows you to"..............uh.....what???

I have a dog to feed now:):):)

If you have the filed claim you have the mineral rights. However, the claim must be worked(improved). This is so squatters don't file a claim for the purpose of just aquiring the land. Just like a drivers license the claim must be renewed after a designated period of time. I once worked for Untied States Pumice Mine in Momo County in Calif. They let several claims lapse and someone filed on them the next day. There are responsibilities involved in maintaining and keeping a claim. Just because a person filed a claim 100 years ago doesn't mean that it is a valid claim today. A mining claim is not a deed. I am not supporting the BLM in this. Just saying.

If you have the filed claim you have the mineral rights. However, the claim must be worked(improved). This is so squatters don't file a claim for the purpose of just aquiring the land. Just like a drivers license the claim must be renewed after a designated period of time. I once worked for Untied States Pumice Mine in Momo County in Calif. They let several claims lapse and someone filed on them the next day. There are responsibilities involved in maintaining and keeping a claim. Just because a person filed a claim 100 years ago doesn't mean that it is a valid claim today. A mining claim is not a deed. I am not supporting the BLM in this. Just saying.

This mine has been worked and improved non stop since the first claim times.
That is the argument and the grounds they stand on.

I caught 3 Russians operating an illegal gillnet on the Columbia at night 2 years ago, so lets outlaw fishing on the Columbia.
Same fricken logic.

In Oregon you can get a permit to gillnet pretty much anywhere on the Columbia river.
The permits are for CARP only and you can get one. Now what are you going to do with all them carp?? Well according to the ODFG person I talked, to the Russians eat them. So unless you asked to see there permit, well careful.

Unless the claim is patented.

What you are claiming is post 1955 surface resource act grandfather clause. The Sugar Pine Mine has been a mine since the 1800s...

Has the mine passed through hands since it's original opening? Yes.

Imagine owning a home and handing it down from person to person through trusts then a government agency, with a deputy, shows up and tells you to move out, the house isn't yours, the laws changed and good luck fighting it...

We get that if you just started putting up a mine in the middle of nowhere you've got to abide by certain laws, regulations, licenses and conditions. Nobody is disputing that.

But just because nobody has been working in the mine until recently doesn't mean they're suddenly subjected to the 1955 resource act.

Just like how you might not be able to dig any more wells on your property, that doesn't automatically mean you can't repair or re-dig an existing well...

**MAJOR VICTORY TODAY**

Today marks a victory for defenders of the Constitution at the Sugar Pine Mine in Merlin, OR.

This morning, the Interior Board of Land Appeals issued a Stay of Enforcement against the BLM, barring them from any enforcement action against the mine prior to the scheduled court date.

Pursuant to this, the Oath Keepers of Josephine County have issued a stand down order for security forces at the mine.

Through the tireless efforts of the Oath Keepers, III% groups, Patriot Railroad (and of course the donations made by Tactical bubblegum and the members of this group), and other affiliated groups, the miners have not been deprived of their 4th and 5th Amendment rights against unwarranted search and seizure and due process.

Great job Patriots!

http://oathkeepersjoco.com

In Oregon you can get a permit to gillnet pretty much anywhere on the Columbia river.
The permits are for CARP only and you can get one. Now what are you going to do with all them carp?? Well according to the ODFG person I talked, to the Russians eat them. So unless you asked to see there permit, well careful.

Actually they make the best crab bait in the world. I used to catch and sell carp to Tony's Fish market when they did their own crabbing. I made a good amount of money when I was growing up doing it.

What you are claiming is post 1955 surface resource act grandfather clause. The Sugar Pine Mine has been a mine since the 1800s...

Has the mine passed through hands since it's original opening? Yes.

Imagine owning a home and handing it down from person to person through trusts then a government agency, with a deputy, shows up and tells you to move out, the house isn't yours, the laws changed and good luck fighting it...

We get that if you just started putting up a mine in the middle of nowhere you've got to abide by certain laws, regulations, licenses and conditions. Nobody is disputing that.

But just because nobody has been working in the mine until recently doesn't mean they're suddenly subjected to the 1955 resource act.

Just like how you might not be able to dig any more wells on your property, that doesn't automatically mean you can't repair or re-dig an existing well...

This mine has been occupied continuously and worked since it was first claimed, non stop as stated by the current owner.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top