JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oath Keepers reports, "While serving a BLM Stop Order upon the Sugar Pine Mine, BLM Contract Deputy Jason Stanton, when told by the parties involved that they were 'constitutional people,' Deputy Stanton replied, 'I have issues with the Constitution.'"
Well then he just nullified his contract as a Sheriff's deputy. He lied under oath!!!!

Not until he acts in a way contrary to the constitution.
That's not the point as that would have to be determined in a court of law.

The Constitution is the law of the land. If a law enforcement officer has an issue with the law, there is a problem and that problem starts BEFORE he acts contrary to the law.

Not until he acts in a way contrary to the constitution.

Ya, there is no law against telling a lie that you would up hold the constitution. I mean really could you ever believe a man in court that has sworn an oath then backtracks? Did you get your $2500 back on your healthcare yet?:D:D:D

Deal is the oath to up hold the constitution doesn't ask if you have problems with it. You give your word you will follow the laws of the land, you can't change you word without being a liar. Sure sign of a man with no character.o_O

Oath-a solemn promise, often invoking a divine witness, regarding one's future action or behavior.

If he has problems with the Constitution, how can he give an oath to it? As JJ says, 'Character' comes to play. So does 'Trust'. We the People are in charge here and Mr. LEO is our servant. It sounds like he doesn't quite understand some basics and certainly should not be in his position given the very few words he's said. Were someone to investigate further, I'm sure there is way more to his story than just having 'problems with the Constitution'.

The way "I" perceive this is because of the dredging and fish habitat destruction, and blatant destruction of the streams/land, BLM Had to do something..........

They are going overboard, as usual, but I've seen and heard these gas dredgers in operation, and there should be some sort of guidelines established so they can't just come in, fire the sucker up, and pollute the streams.

I've seen miners trash......I've seen their gas/oil spilled in the streams and on the land.

I don't have ANY problem with responsible miners..........

My Great Uncle is John Sutter of gold fame.........and I do have a feel for the industry..........

BUT, seems miners are pretty lackadaisical when it comes to responsibility.

This. As a native Oregonian, I've seen miners ruin our public land year after year and am sick of it. They get to dredge, divert streams, and build houses on our public land for free. No other state has such liberal mining laws.

Anyway good luck on this... Miners are welcome to do as they please on THEIR land. IMO they should be strictly regulated on PUBLIC land (BLM, NF).

This. As a native Oregonian, I've seen miners ruin our public land year after year and am sick of it. They get to dredge, divert streams, and build houses on our public land for free. No other state has such liberal mining laws.

Anyway good luck on this... Miners are welcome to do as they please on THEIR land. IMO they should be strictly regulated on PUBLIC land (BLM, NF).

Anyone else think this is about mining rights instead of an over an overreaching government agency invented to keep control of the populous?

Anyone else think this is about mining rights instead of an over an overreaching government agency invented to keep control of the populous?

People do confuse me:D ya you can have the mine but you are not allowed to mine it. Just like Washington state for many years said you could have a suppressor but you couldn't put it on a gun.:confused:

With government it's always about property rights and the taxes you pay. Odds are this started when the government wasn't getting tax money from what came out of the mines, but who really knows the mind of bureaucrats o_O.

I spent a summer logging just outside Alleghany CA....GOLD COUNTRY!

Actually stayed in (camped out) in town.

I remember walking into the 16 to 1 mine, and seeing gold flakes in the little stream that was coming out of the mine.

The bartender in town told me that "there will be a lot of Rich folks in this town as soon as the price of gold went up".

Taxes........"what are them?":D

I spent a summer logging just outside Alleghany CA....GOLD COUNTRY!

Actually stayed in (camped out) in town.

I remember walking into the 16 to 1 mine, and seeing gold flakes in the little stream that was coming out of the mine.

The bartender in town told me that "there will be a lot of Rich folks in this town as soon as the price of gold went up".

Taxes........"what are them?":D

Yep, my point exactly. They can't tax what they don't know you found. Normally it's all about money when the want to steal your property. Don't know for sure but suspect the whole Bundy deal was over water rights. They really didn't care about the man's cattle but if they broke him and moved him out he would lose his water rights. Water is worth a lot in that area.

Plus one of those big solar panel farms they wanted to put in takes a billion gallons of water. They wanted Bundys water.

When the BLM boot them off the land, then turn around and lease it to somebody else.

You get income that way. The current system it doesn't work quite like that.

Always greed operated.

Part of the rules to keep a claim is improvements must be done each year, and putting a building on it is considered an improvement, so they are following the rules. Sounds more like selfishness and claim envy you have there. Most miners I know are very respectful of the land. Probably do more for it than you do.

Part of the rules to keep a claim is improvements must be done each year, and putting a building on it is considered an improvement, so they are following the rules. Sounds more like selfishness and claim envy you have there. Most miners I know are very respectful of the land. Probably do more for it than you do.

And I have seen a few mining sites that were full of trash (not dumped there), and a "shanty" shack that I would label as dangerous to be in, and the land just bulldozed around to call it "improved", etc.

Not all miners, not MOST miners, but SOME miners........

So Most miners I know are "somewhat" respectful of the land, but Some of the miners I know could care less about the land, and more about "gettin' to that thar' Gold in tham' kreks'"..............

Again, my ONLY point here is to point out that "in my opinion", they somewhat brought this upon themselves..........

Kinda like shooters who act unrespectfully, so laws are passed, areas are closed.............like 4 wheelers who tear up the forest, so the gates are locked...............etc.

UPDATE

Oath Keepers and III% are still on the ground and are in need of supplies.

Anyone who wants to donate goods should go to the Operation Gold Rush Supply Train FB group.

Contact member Robert Rowe to get the contact information for the nearest supply & donation depot.

Current list of in-demand supplies as of April 16:
Items will be labeled from one to three in order of priority. Items labeled one are high priority. Items labeled two are medium priority. Items labeled three are normal priority.

Large capacity garage style tents (1). These are the kind you park a car or RV under. We need these for mess services to feed the men and women on site.

Propane (1)
Tarps (1)
Coffee (1)
Coffee filters (1)
Coffee pots (1)
Firewood (3)
Medical supplies (1)
Blankets (2)
Food (2) We have a lot of food on site and more coming in. Of course, this is one thing that is going to be needed continuously. However, at this time, there is enough bread, tuna and ramen soup to last a long time. Chocolate bars, granola, dried fruit, nuts and such are needed for the troops as these are high energy foods. Also need dried meats. Mess services will be set up as soon as possible (probably around the 22nd) so now would be a good time to start sending things like uncooked beans, rice and such. Canned foods are always a good idea, too.
Batteries (2) Typically the need will be for AA and AAA sizes.
Baby wipes (1)
Pop Up Tents (1)
Can openers (3)
Snack packages (3)
Duct Tape (2)
Rope (2)
Powdered eggs (1) (Yes, the men there actually WANT powdered eggs!)

For those wishing to help, but can't provide manpower or get to a donation center, a <broken link removed> has been set up to but supplies and fuel for the boots on the ground. This has been set up by the organizers of the OGM Supply Train, and 100% of the funds will go to supplying the operation on the ground.

I'd be happy to help with this list, but I don't do facebook, so what other options, if any, are available.

Where can this equipment be delivered?

Will It be returned to me? (5 gal propane tanks, for example)
Coffee pots.....??

Lots O' questions:confused::confused:o_Oo_O:D:D

And I have seen a few mining sites that were full of trash (not dumped there), and a "shanty" shack that I would label as dangerous to be in, and the land just bulldozed around to call it "improved", etc.

Not all miners, not MOST miners, but SOME miners........

So Most miners I know are "somewhat" respectful of the land, but Some of the miners I know could care less about the land, and more about "gettin' to that thar' Gold in tham' kreks'"..............

Again, my ONLY point here is to point out that "in my opinion", they somewhat brought this upon themselves..........

Kinda like shooters who act unrespectfully, so laws are passed, areas are closed.............like 4 wheelers who tear up the forest, so the gates are locked...............etc.

Doing what they are doing is one more piece of freedom stripped away from everyone, not just a miner.
It is another boil the frog until they own it all..... method. That can't be justified for any reason.
"In my opinion":)

I'd be happy to help with this list, but I don't do facebook, so what other options, if any, are available.

Where can this equipment be delivered?

Will It be returned to me? (5 gal propane tanks, for example)
Coffee pots.....??

Lots O' questions:confused::confused:o_Oo_O:D:D

Working on getting alternate coordinator contact info for you. They have a database of the depots for donations, and he'll be able to answer questions with more authority than I can. I'm just running a depot in the Gorge, and trying to get the word out.

That said, I believe that I was hearing that no return guarantees can be made, so if you wanted to donate propane, the disposable canisters may be a better approach.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top