JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The way "I" perceive this is because of the dredging and fish habitat destruction, and blatant destruction of the streams/land, BLM Had to do something..........

They are going overboard, as usual, but I've seen and heard these gas dredgers in operation, and there should be some sort of guidelines established so they can't just come in, fire the sucker up, and pollute the streams.

I've seen miners trash......I've seen their gas/oil spilled in the streams and on the land.

I don't have ANY problem with responsible miners..........

My Great Uncle is John Sutter of gold fame.........and I do have a feel for the industry..........

BUT, seems miners are pretty lackadaisical when it comes to responsibility.

The way "I" perceive this is because of the dredging and fish habitat destruction, and blatant destruction of the streams/land, BLM Had to do something..........

They are going overboard, as usual, but I've seen and heard these gas dredgers in operation, and there should be some sort of guidelines established so they can't just come in, fire the sucker up, and pollute the streams.

I've seen miners trash......I've seen their gas/oil spilled in the streams and on the land.

My Great Uncle is John Sutter of gold fame.........and I do have a feel for the industry..........

We have spent a lot of time in that region throughout the years and never saw any destruction of streams in any way there. Some in the eastern part of the state, mostly with chemicals yes, but not in Southern Oregon.
This is simply a government land grab and theft and nothing more.

If that were the case here, then there would be grounds for charges by the EPA for destruction of habitat, etc. Generally, this would result in levying fines and requiring habitat restoration and procedural correction by the mining company.

But there's no indication that this has been the case. The BLM is attempting to force them off the land completely, with no apparent cause, and no means of redress.

The assault on hobby miners began a couple of years ago.

There have been anti-mining advocates on I-Fish soliciting pictures of damage done by hobby dredgers off and on for two years.
So far they have one picture submitted. A picture of a hole someone dug in a bank of the McKenzie River just outside of Eugene.
It was determined that it wasn't a miner that did it.

The assault on hobby miners began a couple of years ago.

There have been anti-mining advocates on I-Fish soliciting pictures of damage done by hobby dredgers off and on for two years.
So far they have one picture submitted. A picture of a hole someone dug in a bank of the McKenzie River just outside of Eugene.
It was determined that it wasn't a miner that did it.

I caught 3 Russians operating an illegal gillnet on the Columbia at night 2 years ago, so lets outlaw fishing on the Columbia.
Same fricken logic.

DAMN Ruskies!:D:mad::confused::rolleyes:o_O:(:)

I'm going to have to walk away from this political arena for a while........

My blood pressure is getting up there:mad::mad::mad::(:(:(

Same could be said of anyone. In this case it was 3 Russian speaking individuals and one of their wives running 2 boats, but that was the culture they brought here, as they don't respect the game in their old country so they don't respect it here either. The point was they did something that harmed a resource, so the question is should everyone else suffer for their mistake or act.
No! ..... the gov. (BLM) is using the BS to steal and control. There is no other way to put it.
An owl killed an entire industry and way of life in the PNW, it killed entire communities and in some cases entire families took their own life because they lost everything. Towns were nearly close down and people lost everything. Now they want to do the same with this as they have in hundreds of other ways to take control of all the land and the people. It is pure BULLPUCKY to continue to allow this any longer.
We are slowly becoming the Soviet Union. The frog is nearly boiled.

And the owl was being killed by its larger cousin not deforestation...

Powder dry my friends..

And the owl was being killed by its larger cousin not deforestation...

Powder dry my friends..

No different than the CA lead ammo ban (coming soon to a NW state near you) to ostensibly "save the Condor", but all tests performed after the ban showed ZERO decrease in environmental lead content.

Of course, they'll never repeal the ban...

From my sources it seems the friction between the BLM and miners has eased off slightly. A lot of the 3%, militia members, and oathkeepers that are down there and making their way down there are sorta standing down, but are ready to jump right back into it if the BLM makes another push. Also i have heard that BLM bigwigs are going to head down to Galice area sometime this week. At this point this is all i know.

*update*

No standoff at this time. No BLM presence is currently observed. Oathkeepers are currently on-site and requesting logistical support (food, water, supplies). Mine owners are asking that people spread awareness of this incident and to remain vigilant, but to not flock to the actual mine in support as there is no standoff at this time. Oathkeepers are currently providing security for the mine to avoid a standoff and ask that if you do decide to show up to please be fully prepared for the harsh environmental conditions that the mine is located at.

<broken link removed>

Any hype of a "standoff" are unsubstantiated. The concern of the mine owners is that the BLM will attempt to destroy any structures, cut locks or otherwise "evict" the mine owners and their property from the mine when they are not present to challenge the BLM, face-to-face (hence the request for Oathkeeper intervention).

In essence, the BLM are attempt to uproot the miners before a court ruling can decide if the BLM actually has a case to do so and are asking the Oathkeepers to provide overwatch so that this does not happen.

I am following this situation very closely (albeit from my comfy couch, but very closely nonetheless).

*Riot Out*

10408920_815589728478178_4305422146309683989_n.jpg

Oath Keepers and Oregon III% ate all on site and remaining vigilant, but it sounds like the BLM may have learned from Bundy Ranch that Americans will not always roll over and die.

Yeah...wait it out until we get tired, hungry and bored...then swoop in and demolish the lot a few weeks from now when it's not on the lips of any news reporter...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top