JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm amazed this is soooo complicated.
Sold ads should be left alone and closed. Yes they turn up in a search- THAT'S A GOOD THING. It can help you price shop as a BUYER or SELLER to compare prices to and prices of guns that have sold. I really don't understand the desire to bump an ad to say it's sold. It sold, who cares let it fall to the back.

Same..

Lock thread, and be done. No need for deleting them.

I agree completely. Who cares if the item sold? Why BUMP the WHOLE ad to the TOP, and move other peoples OPEN ads DOWN, just to say you SOLD your item?

I have no idea how these guys have their settings for this forum. However, settings can be put in such a fashion to when an item is sold, a moderator can lock a thread and NO ONE can post in it any longer (except staff of course).

I find it pretty funny that there even has to be a discussion about it. Bumping or deleting.. Pffft.. Lock it.

When I sell something I always close the ad. The problem I am running into is that people a month after the ad is closed will email me making offers on the item that has been sold. I never mark mine as sold so it doesn't bump the ad but I need to do something so I don't keep getting offers on something that is no longer available. Can we make it once and item is closed that private message button is no longer available in the menu?

When I sell something I always close the ad. The problem I am running into is that people a month after the ad is closed will email me making offers on the item that has been sold. I never mark mine as sold so it doesn't bump the ad but I need to do something so I don't keep getting offers on something that is no longer available. Can we make it once and item is closed that private message button is no longer available in the menu?

i edit the ad's title... just add "SOLD" to the beginning of the thread title, so that the info is still there, but it's abundantly clear that the item is sold. you can also edit the body of the ad to include this fact, rather than bump it.

EXAMPLE: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ri...s/51795-sold-remington-700adl-7mm-magnum.html

A couple of us are talking about this in the mod section and the opinion is that 14.2 does indeed mean that an ad can't be bumped to the top without breaking the rule if the bump is sooner than seven day.

There is nothing that says it's OK to bump your ad if the item has sold.

We are of course interested in what the members think so please post a comment if you agree or even if you disagree. Thank you.

They are still doing it as of today......

I have no problem with a bumped ad moving to the top. I am often watching a few different ads and I actually like seeing it pop to the top to let me know I missed out or waited too long. I also like seeing them pop to the top when they are sold pending funding and not closed yet. That might give me a last chance to steal it out from under some poor slob.

What I do not like is people deleting ads that have sold. It completely destroys the ability of the classifieds to be a resource for accurately pricing guns for the local market.

What I do not like is people deleting ads that have sold. It completely destroys the ability of the classifieds to be a resource for accurately pricing guns for the local market.

This has disappointed me a few times, I was hoping to see the sold price and the pics, maybe get some info on the model of the gun, and they deleted everything and just write "SOLD". Just leave it how it is and add "SOLD" in the title. Stop deleting everything, its not a secret and I wanted to see the gun damn it!

A "SOLD" sub forum that gets cleaned out every 30 days perhaps? It allows people to see what is sold and maybe even for the buyer/seller to comment on the item purchased or how the FTF went or just about anything else.

They reply to their own thread with "sold" and then close the thread. That way, the thread goes to the top even though the item is sold. They do not want you doing this because it does not belong at the top. That's what I have gathered.

Whatever happened to OP getting a warning/infraction for bumping their thread to the top? Seems like a warning would make people realize that this is an annoyance and they shouldn't be doing it.

Whatever happened to OP getting a warning/infraction for bumping their thread to the top? Seems like a warning would make people realize that this is an annoyance and they shouldn't be doing it.

They actually do get warnings and infraction but only the mods and the member receiving the infraction can see them. Deadeye has been doing an excellent job of taking care of these things since becoming a mod.

They actually do get warnings and infraction but only the mods and the member receiving the infraction can see them. Deadeye has been doing an excellent job of taking care of these things since becoming a mod.

Good to hear, I figured they did but like you said the only one's that really know are the mods and the members receiving warnings. For the record I wasn't trying to bash the mods, the work you guys do is greatly appreciated.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top