JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I undrstand the reasoning for not deleting sold/locked threads.It directs traffic to the site through google searches.But I have to stick to my guns, if your asking for honest opinions, if you were allowed to bump a sold item so a mod could see it, and delete it, it would keep the current for sale items closer to front page,isn,t that what most of us really want? Therefore not being able to bumb for seven days wouldnt be as much as an issue. Either way ,its a great site, Joey and the rest of the crew do a great job here.

it was either this thread or another thread that i suggested making it so only the OP can post in his own thread, referring all questions to PM, thereby slowing down ad thread movement.. and moving the OP's bump limit down to 48 hours. posting again for consideration.

'cause with all the stupid "PM sent" (as if i dont get hounded by popups every time i get a PM on this board), and comments and questions bumping threads all day every day, your thread can be buried in a day or two. after a week, it might as well be at the bottom of the south pacific.

I can very much see how this bothers people, but i myself actually like seeing what the item sold at or at least what the asking price was. It keeps the market more fair and transparent. Of course thats only if they dont delete all the info or just the price. I think i usually leave my price on after it sells, but never bump it.

I can very much see how this bothers people, but i myself actually like seeing what the item sold at or at least what the asking price was. It keeps the market more fair and transparent. Of course thats only if they dont delete all the info or just the price. I think i usually leave my price on after it sells, but never bump it.

Have you noticed a lot more people are selling used guns more than retail? I see Sigs and Glocks and they are the same models and prices can very up to a $100 and that doesn't help much. Plus most people that are done selling or trading delete all the information and yes MOST do.

I think it takes up space. A lot of people here belong to SGN as well and look at there site. Handguns only 4 pages because they delete sold or traded ads making it easier to look at guns that are for sale or trade.

I don't really comprehend the space argument? are we limited on space? is it cybermentally friendly to conserve cyber space? Just asking. Do page numbers past 4 offend people?

I don't really comprehend the space argument? are we limited on space? is it cybermentally friendly to conserve cyber space? Just asking. Do page numbers past 4 offend people?

you make a very good point. also when people 'comment bump' after the sellers just bumped it isn't bad since its already up there. there's a lot worse stuff out there... like people posting a super low ball offer instead of making offers via pm. now everyone knows your a low ballin jerk. all haggling and offers should go pm unless its an "i'll take it!"

and yes scott, i think everyones noticed how some private sellers are trying to sell their gun for above msrp. i dont think those guys get anywhere. under normal circumstances, if your item is in the classifieds for longer then a month your doing something wrong or your bottom line is higher then what anyone wants to pay. bumping it again aint gonna help. people tend to post the very highest they think they can get, but have a much lower bottom line. "hey, make me an offer!" thats why there's so many low ballers cause they all dont know where to begin. price it right or it wont move.

It is not that it is offensive but it just makes it harder to look. Some time there is more closed ads on the first 4 pages than open ads and it is pointless to look at closed ads or at least I don't because like mentioned before most delete the info.

I know though that this thread is not really going to change anything but I think there should be a vote taken to see if people want closed ads deleted or leave them be. I like others suggestion that they be moved and if people want to search closed ads have at it.

Just an opinion though.

I often search for a particular item and this brings up closed threads a lot. Which is kind of a hassle but Ive gotten use to checking. Thats the only problem i see with not deleting them. And I use a few other forums that we bump it and say sold so it will be deleted, I haven't done that here, yet.

I'm amazed this is soooo complicated.
Sold ads should be left alone and closed. Yes they turn up in a search- THAT'S A GOOD THING. It can help you price shop as a BUYER or SELLER to compare prices to and prices of guns that have sold. I really don't understand the desire to bump an ad to say it's sold. It sold, who cares let it fall to the back.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top