JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol, the internet does not work that way.

You do realize of course that having someone's IP address gives you absolutely nothing. Well, it will tell you who their ISP is, but unless you're ready to go bust down the door of their ISP's office guns ablazin' and demand whose IP it is you get nothin except a very general area. :s0112:

I have a pretty good understanding of how networks and the internet function.

Gives you absolutely nothing? IP addresses are the basis for how a lot of security products work. Someone doing something bad? Block the address/a range of addresses. Most are designed to prevent attack attempts instead of annoying posts. If there were multiple IPs in a range, I'd look at blocking the entire range.

I didn't mean you would find out who it actually is but who owns the address. The size of the general vicinity can vary greatly.

The guns ablazin' comment is absurd hyperbole. I've actually had to do some work on abuse requests when I was employed by a university.

I have a pretty good understanding of how networks and the internet function.

Gives you absolutely nothing? IP addresses are the basis for how a lot of security products work. Someone doing something bad? Block the address/a range of addresses. Most are designed to prevent attack attempts instead of annoying posts. If there were multiple IPs in a range, I'd look at blocking the entire range.

I didn't mean you would find out who it actually is but who owns the address. The size of the general vicinity can vary greatly.

The guns ablazin' comment is absurd hyperbole. I've actually had to do some work on abuse requests when I was employed by a university.

My apologies. What I meant was, most ISPs will not give out their customers' information. Absurd hyperboles are funny. :D

Yeah you can ban an IP or range of IPs from your own website/server/whatever, but I thought you meant to find out who they really are.

My apologies. What I meant was, most ISPs will not give out their customers' information. Absurd hyperboles are funny. :D

Yeah you can ban an IP or range of IPs from your own website/server/whatever, but I thought you meant to find out who they really are.

No problem. I thought you were referring to the technical aspects and not the privacy policies of ISPs. If my ISP was handing out my info to anyone who asked, I might go in guns ablazin'. :s0112:

My brother-in-law gave this to me the other day.

bumper sticker 001.JPG

Lol, the internet does not work that way.

You do realize of course that having someone's IP address gives you absolutely nothing. Well, it will tell you who their ISP is, but unless you're ready to go bust down the door of their ISP's office guns ablazin' and demand whose IP it is you get nothin except a very general area. :s0112:

Well....that's true. But, few groups of guys are more eminently qualified to bust down doors guns ablazin' than the members here! :D

Let them know as little as possible. Just make a few subtle jokes here and there.

You have to recall, those stickers can ruin the paint on your car.

I've considered it, but I'll probably use all of my stickers for a case or safe. I have yet to decide. Seems like the best route to take anyway.

I don't put bumper stickers on my car for all of the above reasons, plus I don't want some anti-gun moron keying my car.
I do have in my back window two small vinyl IDPA/USPSA targets, but unless one is a competitive shooter, one is not going
to know what they are. I've had a couple of people ask me why I have dreidels on my back window, lol.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads