JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted to leave the comment that I feel the 7 day wait time for bumping a post in the sale section is way too long.
I get the reason for having a rule, nothing is more irritating then having things constantly bumped, but this section is very popular and you can post something for sale to have it buried down past page 6 within two days. By that point it isn't really a valid sales thread because it feels like after 5 pages worth it puts it way out of sight. At that rate it ill be over 20 pages down before it can be bumped. Makes it really hard if you change a price or add info , not to mention just keeping it in the current for sale area. Seems like a shorter time would be more appreciate. My suggestion is once a day but even if that is not acceptable I would request some shorter time then one week. The popularity of the site has made a need for a re- adjustment, in my opinion.
Just a uggestion, thanks.

You can change the price or add info without bumping your ad, just click the "edit post" at the bottom of your original post and make your changes.

I would much rather see the ability to filter out the locked or closed ads than to be able to bump more often. How about a penalty for those who do not close their ad once the item is sold?

i also think a shorter bump time would be optimum.

also, removing sold ads is counter productive to future sellers. Leaving ads after they are sold gives folks an idea of what prices items actually sell for. I would also say, dont allow folks to remove the post details to allow for historical pricing...

i also think a shorter bump time would be optimum.

also, removing sold ads is counter productive to future sellers. Leaving ads after they are sold gives folks an idea of what prices items actually sell for. I would also say, dont allow folks to remove the post details to allow for historical pricing...

I don't think that the closed ads are very informative as to what the item sold for, only what it was listed for. Usually the actual selling price is lower than the listing price once all the haggleing is done and over with. Unless the seller lists what the item actually sold for the closed ad is pretty useless as far as a historical pricing information guide. I can't recall a seller posting what the actual price any item was sold for. I think the once a week bump is fine, especially with all the new members posting classifieds recently.

Thanks again Deadeye for cleaning up the classifieds for us, much appreciated!

So I lowered the price and added some ammo to the deal, but yet the post is still lost in the far reaches, that is not really a bump, which is just a bumping back to the top, I changed the ad based on lack of sale, would that not be a proper reason to replace it at the top?

I don't think that the closed ads are very informative as to what the item sold for, only what it was listed for. Usually the actual selling price is lower than the listing price once all the haggleing is done and over with. Unless the seller lists what the item actually sold for the closed ad is pretty useless as far as a historical pricing information guide. I can't recall a seller posting what the actual price any item was sold for.

Well it would be nice to even see the asking price in some cases... Too many people go back and delete the whole thing! xxx for sale... Open it up, and blank page. Although I agree that it isn't terribly useful for accurate pricing information(how the heck do you calculate the price when a trade happens?), it does give you a starting point when researching things.

A week for bumps is a tad long, but not completely out of place. Doesn't bother me in the least.

So I lowered the price and added some ammo to the deal, but yet the post is still lost in the far reaches, that is not really a bump, which is just a bumping back to the top, I changed the ad based on lack of sale, would that not be a proper reason to replace it at the top?
Its lost in the far reaches right below the guy that posted after you and right above the guy that posted before you..Why should your thread be moved when they are waiting to bump too?if it were a bump free for all i guarantee your add will be buried even faster...Think about it right now other people are waiting a week and you add is gone fast.now think all those people can bump whenever.It would only make it worse.....All in all if you have a decent sale thread people will by it....If it is not ,your add will disappear into the far reaches.....

I was thinking this the whole time of reading this thread. Every time im lookig for a specific firearm i type its name in the search box. When I want to browse the selection I can click through 10 or more pages in a matter of minutes and see all that there is to offer from the community. Another thing is that if you need to sell your firearm that badly take it to the pawn shop or put it up on an actual commerce site, this isn't your own person gun shop get over yourself!

If only there was a search function that would allow a buyer to search the for sale ads for what gun they were looking for regardless of what page ot was on.

Oh wait......I think there is!:s0155:

one idea is ;the more you contribute to the site the more you should be able to bump.....Gold supporter every 2 days with allowed 10 allowed sales threads,silver every 4 days with 8 allowed sales threads,and so on and so fourth....that way the forum gets something outta you for using it's service.......just an idea

one idea is ;the more you contribute to the site the more you should be able to bump.....Gold supporter every 2 days with allowed 10 allowed sales threads,silver every 4 days with 8 allowed sales threads,and so on and so fourth....that way the forum gets something outta you for using it's service.......just an idea

I think its a bad idea to limit the number of for sale threads. Then you'll end up with useful titles like "Several guns". I also think that the bump times are fine.

Just wanted to leave the comment that I feel the 7 day wait time for bumping a post in the sale section is way too long.
I get the reason for having a rule, nothing is more irritating then having things constantly bumped, but this section is very popular and you can post something for sale to have it buried down past page 6 within two days. By that point it isn't really a valid sales thread because it feels like after 5 pages worth it puts it way out of sight. At that rate it ill be over 20 pages down before it can be bumped. Makes it really hard if you change a price or add info , not to mention just keeping it in the current for sale area. Seems like a shorter time would be more appreciate. My suggestion is once a day but even if that is not acceptable I would request some shorter time then one week. The popularity of the site has made a need for a re- adjustment, in my opinion.
Just a uggestion, thanks.

Is the only reason you are on this sight to use the classifieds? I only ask because it seems only five of your 30 posts have been outside the classified section or this thread. I don't want to seem like an ***, and if I come across as one, I appologize, but maybe you should contribute to the conversations before complaining about the classified section. Just one man's opinion. Worth what you paid for it...

I pore over the classifieds like a gun nut. Well, maybe I am a gun nut, but that's not the point. I recognize bumped ads all the time. Even with the 7 day limit I see some ads too often. Less than 3 days and your ad would be buried even FASTER!

If we are all just hoping for the impulse buyer, then bumping often is great. But I bet many sales happen because of the search feature. I know it happens for me more often than I can count. If you need a quick sale, then go to a pawn shop.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top