JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got the PRS in the mail today :)

IMG_8858.jpg

IMG_8856 - No Serial.jpg

I need to read up on this :)
Nice rifle @Joe Link . Your 1/8 twist will stabilize the 75 Hornady, 77 SMK and 80 SMK grain
bullets. The 80s are a hand load only because they are loaded long just off the lands. The
heavy weight bullets work 'Mo Better' past 300 yards. I don't have much experience with
factory match ammo. I would think most would shoot excellent some slightly better than others?
I have been shooting Highpower competition for 35 years and would be willing to let you try my
favorite hand loads.:D But if you don't hand load it doesn't do you any good.o_O The
AR is an amazing platform with so many options. Good luck have fun.

Got a chance to play around a bit more yesterday. Finished off my box of Remington UMC 55gr which did so-so, then tried a box of Wolf Gold 55gr. I shot two three-round 0.4" groups at 50 yards, letting me know that the rifle is capable of sub-moa accuracy if I do my part. I've got to say, that's better than I expected.

Very nice! especially nice when you can pull off sub MOA with standard factory ammo rather than special hand loads or expensive match grade ammo through a semi auto.

My biggest issue yesterday was getting a good sight picture through the scope with the CTR stock. Due to it's performance yesterday I felt the rifle deserved a proper stock, so I ordered a Magpul PRS this morning :D

Good stock that fits you always helps! and once you get a comfortable length of pull: adjust your scope mount so eye relief of your scope matches where you naturally want to rest your head when aiming. Once you get the rifle and optics sorted shooting it will be an absolute pleasure and your grouping should improve when the rifle fits you rather than you bending yourself around the rifle and compensating for a setup that just doesn't fit you.

I'm putting this equation here so I can remember it.

MOA = (group size in inches) / {(distance in yards) / 100}

1" @ 100yds is how I remember. simple math from there in my head.

Good stock that fits you always helps! and once you get a comfortable length of pull: adjust your scope mount so eye relief of your scope matches where you naturally want to rest your head when aiming. Once you get the rifle and optics sorted shooting it will be an absolute pleasure and your grouping should improve when the rifle fits you rather than you bending yourself around the rifle and compensating for a setup that just doesn't fit you.
Well said. Getting the scope far enough forward is important. Vortex sells a one piece AR mount
that offsets 3 inches forward. 30 mm or 1" tube. My competition service rifle.
DSC00157.JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads