Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bump Fire stock

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by jordanvraptor, Jan 7, 2011.

1. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

They even have a BATFE letter saying its legal...

Kind of ugly looking but it would be fun.

2. yotehunter

yotehunter north west Active Member

i dont get it

3. BigCat

BigCat Portland Member

The whole stock moves just in order for you to bump fire? Do not want.

4. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I have never bump fired anything and I won't be buying this stock but I just thought it was interesting that it got approved by BATFE.

5. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Cool concept. But not my cup of tea.

You gain 1 cool factor, but loose everything else.

6. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

IF you're gonna bumpfire this is probably the safest way, kinda spendy though considering the ATF will probably yank it's approval like they did with the Atkins accelerator, even though by all (current) ATF definitions this IS NOT a machine gun. There are no springs or other mechanical devices that increase the rate of fire. It operates on your left arm pulling the gun forward while your right arm holds the stock steady and your right finger pulls the trigger each time the gun recoils (resets the trigger) and your left arm pulls the gun forward again.

7. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Yep, I see another Akins Accellerator scenario here. You buy it, a year later the BATFE confiscates it from you with no compensation.

That said, this stock looks like a cheap, cheap way to get the purchase of expensive FA firearms out of your mind. Every time I consider buying an original PPSh-41 or M2 Carbine, I dump a few magazines out of my RPK and the feeling passes.

The accuracy with this device appears very good. It looks like you get a proper cheek weld and the sliding mechanism keeps the rifle's rear end from bouncing around.

I like it :) .

Keith

8. buick455

buick455 se portland Member

It's a dang sight safer than grabbing your belt loop

9. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

I don't think the ATF will bother since there are no springs in this one. People have been making similar bump fire stocks for a long time with a piece of wood and a peg.

10. PosterGuy

PosterGuy Hillsboro Member

But this is a commercially marketed device. If it's accurate and gives a full auto rate of fire, they WILL ban it. No doubt at all.

11. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I'm just as accurate as the linked video with my RPK, but I bump that from prone with the stock cradled between both arms and my shoulder. There's a bit of skill involved, but its not as easy or 'practical' (if that's the word) as what the video implies with this device. The more I think about this, the more I like it :) .

Keith

12. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

300??? I loled