JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok guys i need help. me and my cousin are arguing on the legality of bump fire or the use of a rubber band he said its illegal i say its not. i need some back up on this let me know what you guys think. my opinion you are not altering the weapon in any way shape or form no full auto parts at all are installed, not even the use of a rubber band is nececcary once you know how to do it.

Since it is legal, what is the rubber band trick?

Kinda a waste of ammo...Google "bump fire"/ "bump fire rubber band" BTW if "the Man" hears or sees you, weapon will be checked and could be possibly confiscated if he is ignorant of full auto weapons. There could be consequences if on the BLM or public/private range......;)

Didn't someone get sent to prison a while back for this very thing? I believe even though it's an external and temporary modification, it is a modification to the rate of fire, and thus illegal.

Didn't someone get sent to prison a while back for this very thing? I believe even though it's an external and temporary modification, it is a modification to the rate of fire, and thus illegal.

no the guy got sent to jail for owning a MALFUNCTIONING ar15 and they had to fool with it a lot to get it to do it again after it did it when he loaned it to a buddy, The charge was transferring an class 3 without a license.

Originally Posted by Joey Link View Post
no the guy got sent to jail for owning a MALFUNCTIONING ar15 and they had to fool with it a lot to get it to do it again after it did it when he loaned it to a buddy, The charge was transferring an class 3 without a license.
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59650

David R. Olofson

WND Exclusive WEAPONS OF CHOICE
Drill instructor convicted after rifle jams
Guardsman guilty of illegally transferring 'machine gun' after firearm malfunctions
Posted: January 13, 2008
1:00 am Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily.com

A drill instructor in the National Guard has been convicted in a Wisconsin federal court of illegally transferring a machine gun after a rifle he loaned to a student malfunctioned, setting off three shots before jamming.

I understand that California is going to Out law all rubber bands in the state since they can be used for making illegal Machine guns.
Office Max, & Staples will be required to only sell the skinny ones the fat ones will have to have serial numbers.

I understand that California is going to Out law all rubber bands in the state since they can be used for making illegal Machine guns.
Office Max, & Staples will be required to only sell the skinny ones the fat ones will have to have serial numbers.

Actually, they're just moving the rubber bands behind the counter. You'll need to submit ID & thumbprint to purchase. Good news is Staples will now sell ammo (on same shelf). :s0155:

I did have this very conversation with 2 BATFE agents and demoed the rubber band trick in person. Neither thought it was an NFA violation. But beware... many times from ATF I get conflicting opinions.

BTW - the 9mm AR is a great platform for this as it is blow back. .223 not so much.

Hahahaha, wouldn't surprise me.

I remember when I lived there a kid posted a video of himself bump firing on youtube and also had pictures of his AR on his Myspace.

Long story short DOJ raided his house and he was arrested. Took about a year and a half to clear his name of any wrongdoing.

Too close to the gray area to ever actually try. Not only that, having witnessed people "bump-firing", it might be the dumbest (see dangerous, lose your balance and oops, spray) thing I've ever seen someone try on a range. If I saw someone doing it, I'd leave the range quickly,angrily, and decidedly vocal...

Too close to the gray area to ever actually try. Not only that, having witnessed people "bump-firing", it might be the dumbest (see dangerous, lose your balance and oops, spray) thing I've ever seen someone try on a range. If I saw someone doing it, I'd leave the range quickly,angrily, and decidedly vocal...

Wow, you've seen people do it at a range? I would never condone it at any place like that. Only time I'd try it is if I was out in the desert.

I did have this very conversation with 2 BATFE agents and demoed the rubber band trick in person. Neither thought it was an NFA violation. But beware... many times from ATF I get conflicting opinions.

I have a lot of respect and admiration for the men and women of law enforcement; but I would never rely on their legal advice.

It is pretty dangerous. I tried bump firing once.. and well. I was probably about 2-3 inches from a bullet in my foot.

I don't bump fire anymore.

If I had an actual machine gun, I'm not afraid of rapid fire.. however bump fire techniques leave you with too little control.

Hellfire triger systems were once available at most gun shows. I had two one for my M11 and one for my tech 9 both worked on the bump concept. I got checked while target practicing on BLM land. there fun as ****, but there not available anymore and probably illegal. got a warning for using mine and thats the last time I used them. I like my guns and dont like jail.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top